daniel makes top 20 in bluff

Bluff has a nice little section in this months issue about the 20 most influential players in poker. Daniel got ranked number six and this is what Bluff Magazine had to say:6. Daniel Negreanu: One of the most popular and charismatic players around, Daniel is the embodiment of poker's new wave - youthful, media-savvy and uber-talented. His chatty easy-going manner makes him perfect for TV appearances, and through his forthright blog, he inspires the kind of fierce devotion from his fans that's unique in the poker world. He writes a syndicated newspaper column, has his own game for the PS2 and Xbox and the recent news is that his fullcontactpoker.com website has morphed into an online cardroom. Daniel has joined the lucrative online poker industry.Just in case you don't read Bluff Magazine, thought I would throw that out there.

20. Chip Reese19. Johnny Gooms18. Mike Sexton17. Johnny Chan16. Chris Moneymaker15. ParadisePoker.com14. UltimateBet.com13. FullTiltPoker.com12. Lyle Berman11. Jamie Horowitz10. Brian Balsbaugh9. PartyPoker.com8. PokerStars.com7. Jack Binion6. Daniel Negreanu5. Phil Hellmuth4. Harrah's Entertainment3. Steve Lipscomb/WPT2. ESPN1. Doyle Brunson

20. Chip Reese19. Johnny Gooms18. Mike Sexton17. Johnny Chan16. Chris Moneymaker15. ParadisePoker.com14. UltimateBet.com13. FullTiltPoker.com12. Lyle Berman11. Jamie Horowitz10. Brian Balsbaugh9. PartyPoker.com8. PokerStars.com7. Jack Binion6. Daniel Negreanu5. Phil Hellmuth4. Harrah's Entertainment3. Steve Lipscomb/WPT2. ESPN1. Doyle Brunson
guys i've never heard of :S

Yeah I never heard of those guys either.Other than that, I can agree with most of that list. Though every young kid in a poker room wants to be Phil Ivey so he should absolutely be on there. Perhaps Gus Hansen too.

I agree. Phil Ivey should be there. He made it cool to play poker for young kids. Especially if you watch any of Phil on Full Tilt. It's almost disgusting how much people fawn over him.

Is anyone interested to read the captions about a particular individual/website on the list? I don't really want to type all of them but I could do a few.

besides annoying other players with his whining, what kind of influence does Phil Hellmuth have in the game of poker right now? the guys a total biatch! ivey deserves to be there........ and me of course! come to think of it, where the hell am I? this list sucks

besides annoying other players with his whining, what kind of influence does Phil Hellmuth have in the game of poker right now? the guys a total biatch! ivey deserves to be there........ and me of course! come to think of it, where the hell am I? this list sucks
I think Phil H's 3 or 4 books and DVD's help. He's also involved in UB, writes for card player and has won a WSOP main event. I think He belongs on the list w/o a doubt.PS: If the websites make the list, where the heck is ROUNDERS?

This is what they say for Phil Hellmuth:Phil is the player we love to hate; his on-camera tirades are legendary. But he's also a truly great poker player and one of the games genuine characters. He was also was (straight from the magazine ha) one of the first players to recognize the huge marketing potential of the poker boom and his tireless self-promotion and WSOP success have made him a household name - something unthinkable for a poker player just five years ago. The Poker Brat has become a walking brand, and probably gets more camera time than any other poker player in the world. With its own line of Oakley sunglasses, clothing, books, DVDs, wireless poker gams, and even a pin-up calendars (again direct), the Poker Brat Empire marches on.This magazine has some shitty editing I've noticed.

That list is lame. How can you leave out Matusow, Ivey, and Raymer. I would definitely put Harrington in there as well as his book is making mediocre to decent players out of natural donkeys everywhere.Also...why would you seperate ESPN from Harrah's?? If they put a tv channel up there, then they should put the Travel Channel on that list just as high as ESPN.Here's my list......20.) Dreamclown (sw)19.) theredpill (because I couldn't think of anything past #18 )18.) Duke / Harman / Ng (for the females out there)17.) TJ Cloutier16.) Mike Caro15.) Chris "Jesus" Ferguson (for his fruit slicing techniques)14.) Jack Binion13.) Dan Harrington12.) Mike Matusow11.) Phil Ivey10.) Greg Raymer9.) Daniel Negreanu8.) David Sklansky7.) Johnny Chan / Rounders (even though he's got the braclets...can you honestly seperate the two?)6.) Doyle Brunson / SuperSystem5.) Phil Hellmuth4.) Online Poker (I guess if one needed to be singled out, then let it be Stars...but just thrown them all together)3.) WSOP / Harrah's / ESPN2.) WPT / Lipscomb / Travel Channel1.) Chris Moneymaker (without him, none of this would be possible)