daniels physical activity regimen

Hey Daniel, I dont know if you read a lot of these posts cause I dont post very often. But I read in your blog about how you wanted to do physical activity 3 times per week, and I was just wondering what you were thinking of doing. I have a B.S. in Exercise Science, hence my curiosity. If you were to perform regular physical activity it would probably elevate your game too, as regular exercise can improve brain function and memory.

I am 100% CERTAIN it improves my game and is one of the key reasons for my plan this year. January will be extremely strenious for me with all of the travel, but the good news is that I'll be staying in hotels throughout the month and they will all have excercise facilities. I am not looking to be a "muscle man" by any means. What I'm hoping to do is:-Swim-Excercise Bike-Run-Pushups-Sit Ups-Stretching I am waaaaaaaaaay out of shape so I'm not really looking to do too much, especially related to any weight lifting. The difficult part about me being on the road is proper nutrition, especially since I am a vegan. I plan on eating extremely healthy, though, and will focus on making sure I'm getting enough protein.

sweet, gl with your goal danielanyways, could anyone use photoshop and get a huge muscle body w/ daniels face. it would clearly give us more of a visual of how daniel would look like a by the time 2007 rolls around

I am 100% CERTAIN it improves my game and is one of the key reasons for my plan this year.  January will be extremely strenious for me with all of the travel, but the good news is that I'll be staying in hotels throughout the month and they will all have excercise facilities.  I am not looking to be a "muscle man" by any means.  What I'm hoping to do is:-Swim-Excercise Bike-Run-Pushups-Sit Ups-Stretching  I am waaaaaaaaaay out of shape so I'm not really looking to do too much, especially related to any weight lifting.    The difficult part about me being on the road is proper nutrition, especially since I am a vegan.  I plan on eating extremely healthy, though, and will focus on making sure I'm  getting enough protein.
why not just pay someone to do this crap for you :club: all kidding aside....the hardest part of doing this workout thing is starting it...once the ball is rolling it is actually fun!

Hey Daniel, I was curious if you ever read about how being a vegan affects your health? I don't know much about this subject so I'm not trying to be an a$$ about it, I was just wondering. Do you take supplements? Or what do you do for protein?

The difficult part about me being on the road is proper nutrition, especially since I am a vegan.  I plan on eating extremely healthy, though, and will focus on making sure I'm  getting enough protein.
Daniel, I thought you were a vegetarian, not a vegan. When and why did you decide to make that change?

First of all SAM hard8...LMFAO, great pic!!Secondly, Daniel, don't rule out some kind of weight training, in fact most fitness people would tell you to definately include one!!It's not like if you pick up a dumbbell you'll get "huge", that takes years of dedication, but a regular weight training regimen does wonders for overall health!!

First of all SAM hard8...LMFAO, great pic!!Secondly, Daniel, don't rule out some kind of weight training, in fact most fitness people would tell you to definately include one!!It's not like if you pick up a dumbbell you'll get "huge", that takes years of dedication, but a regular weight training regimen does wonders for overall health!!
Yea, I heard that lifting weights helps increase metabolism. You don't have to be lifting 400 lbs, but just working your muscles helps a lot.

What Daniel plans to do to get in shape looks fine, but some strength training would be helpful. And while strength training doesnt necessarily mean free weights, some light dumbbells should do the trick. The problem with strength training is that most people lift too much weight using improper form without stretching first (leading to a ton of injuries). Strength training done properly should help prevent injuries in other parts of your workout.And being a vegan shouldnt be a problem. There's plenty of nuts and beans that have plenty of protien.

Daniel,You should definitely try pilates or yoga. I ran and lifted weights for years, but it wasn't until I started doing those two things that I really noticed a big difference in how I felt. It really helps not only my body, but also my brain function and general alertness. I just do about 20 minutes as soon as I wake up, and it makes a world of difference. Plus it is something you can do in any hotel room, as long as you bring a pilates or yoga dvd along, and a rolled up mat. Much easier than trying to find a gym, and less time.Anyway, just thought I'd pass that along as it has done a lot for me.Tim

Yeh Daniel nothing was better than Dennis Hopper being introduced as Victor Draisin at the end of season 1, and the last episode where he thought his daughter was dead and he singlehandedly took out like 20 people with one clip! And then Victor at the end, what a great show. Season 2 is also addicting but its not quite as good as season 1. And you'll have to check out seasons 3 and 4 before Jan. 15, when season 5 starts

DN, u should make weight training your priority if u r serious about changing your body.like others have said, u will not become a 'muscleman' from this. it takes yrs and discipline that most of us do not have.diet is the most important thing tho. since u r vegan u will definitely need supplemental protien. if u r going to exercise 3x/week take in about 1g protein/lbs body weight. even getting close to it is good.and the timing of meals/shakes is also important, as is the macronutrient breakdown of your meals (carbs/protein/fat).doing aerobics improves your cardiovascular health, and increases your metabolism for about 2 hrs max after a workout. weight training increases your metabolism for up to 24 hrs (maybe more, not 100% sure) and it increases your everyday metabolism by the extra muscle (takes calories to maintain muscle, but not fat).

You know if you swim an hour everyother day you can cross everything else off your list
***********************************Ummmmmmmm...I've seen the best swimmers in the world (on tv of course :D ) and while I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they're "in shape" I just don't think they're very toned or remotely muscular....what will I get out of this again?? :club:

I have to say that 37 straight hours of sitting in your hotel room watching "24" does NOT count as physical activity. Unfortunately, I also pledged to exercise more and I've done about as much as Daniel. Somebody tell us to get off of our lazy asses and do some exercise!

I just started with the whole physical activity crap. Wife and I want to have a kid soon and it won't be good with our unhealty beef ridden, rib licking, ways. So now we belong to a gym. We go Tues, Thurs, and Sat for about 40 minutes doing the bike and some weight training. Then yesterday she decided (and me too) that it was time to put down the sliders and ribs and start eating healthier.My menu for today:Breakfast - Wheat bagel w/ natural Peanut Butter and a bananaSnack 1 oz of almondsLunch - Turkey roll up (Wheat Lavash, Spinach, Turkey, and lit e cream cheese)Snack - 24 chips with spinach atrichoke dipDinner- Chicken Chow MeinDesert Berry smootieSadly I cannot portray my enthusiasm though text but I think you get the idea. It's all for the best right? :-)

I just started with the whole physical activity crap. Wife and I want to have a kid soon and it won't be good with our unhealty beef ridden, rib licking, ways. So now we belong to a gym. We go Tues, Thurs, and Sat for about 40 minutes doing the bike and some weight training. Then yesterday she decided (and me too) that it was time to put down the sliders and ribs and start eating healthier.My menu for today:Breakfast - Wheat bagel w/ natural Peanut Butter and a bananaSnack 1 oz of almondsLunch - Turkey roll up (Wheat Lavash, Spinach, Turkey, and lit e cream cheese)Snack - 24 chips with spinach atrichoke dipDinner- Chicken Chow MeinDesert Berry smootieSadly I cannot portray my enthusiasm though text but I think you get the idea. It's all for the best right? :-)
*************************************The only thing I would say to this is "don't do too much at once"!!If you go "full diet" and don't like it you may just give up the whole thing alltogether!!Take your time, no hurry, ease into it, and enjoy yourselves...you're likely to go longer with the training/diet if it's not too "hardcore" all at once!Other than that "good on ya!!"
don't forget the protien shakes!
don't forget the protien shakes!
Make sure it's Whey Protein if you're adding protein to shakes. Also, make sure that wheat is whole wheat without any high fructose corn syrup added.Want a great snack/sandwich? Whole wheat bread, natural peanut butter, sliced strawberries.Peanut Butter = excellent (natural only)Almonds = perfect snackI could go on... :club:

Thanks for the info! :-) YEah, I was looking for a good protien shake. I found one thing that recommoneded what % of three things I cannot remember off the top of my head but I will be looking into it.We have been trying to be better for awhile now but it finally hit us this past weekend that now is a good time to stay the course. We got a nice 2 year membership to our local gym and we just need to take care of ourselves better. We are not fat or anything but defintalely out of shape. I am 5'11" and 172lbs but I have a pretty decent gut on me. :)But I still get one meal to go crazy on. I am looking forward to Sunday when I get to go to Comet Burger for lunch! Just can't completely give up the sinful food all together ya know!

right on dan, get fit..everytime i eat well (fruit + veggies) ,, and exercise my ass off... i feel super good, its almost a natural high. and you start to look better too.