would you play the river differently?

I am Newbdawg.Texas Hold'em $1-$2 (real money), #1,655,597,952 Seat 1: IMWinner ($88.70 in chips) Seat 2: luksam ($61.20 in chips) Seat 3: dubld ($22.85 in chips) Seat 4: alexisp ($19.75 in chips) Seat 5: FruityP ($33.90 in chips) Seat 7: GogoYubari84 ($52.65 in chips) Seat 8: the towman ($53.85 in chips) Seat 9: ddutty ($44.50 in chips) Seat 10: Newbdawg0 ($152.90 in chips) ANTES/BLINDSGogoYubari84 posts blind ($0.50), the towman posts blind ($1).PRE-FLOPddutty folds, Newbdawg0 calls $1, IMWinner folds, luksam calls $1, dubld calls $1, alexisp calls $1, FruityP folds, GogoYubari84 calls $0.50, the towman checks.FLOP [board cards 5C,KS,2C ]GogoYubari84 bets $1, the towman calls $1, Newbdawg0 calls $1, luksam bets $2, dubld calls $2, alexisp folds, GogoYubari84 calls $1, the towman calls $1, Newbdawg0 bets $2, luksam calls $1, dubld calls $1, GogoYubari84 calls $1, the towman calls $1.TURN [board cards 5C,KS,2C,4D ]GogoYubari84 checks, the towman checks, Newbdawg0 checks, luksam bets $2, dubld calls $2, GogoYubari84 calls $2, the towman calls $2, Newbdawg0 bets $4, luksam calls $2, dubld calls $2, GogoYubari84 calls $2, the towman calls $2.RIVER [board cards 5C,KS,2C,4D,6C ]GogoYubari84 checks, the towman checks, Newbdawg0 bets $2, luksam folds, dubld calls $2, GogoYubari84 calls $2, the towman folds.SHOWDOWNNewbdawg0 shows [ 3C,4C ]dubld mucks cards [ JC,KH ]GogoYubari84 mucks cards [ 8C,QC ]Newbdawg0 wins $46. -------------------------------------------------------Besides wondering if I should have checked the river are is there anything else you disagree with my play? Other than limping in UTG+1 with 3/4 suited that is. :club:

Fold preflop.
yesand what could you do differently on the river? you have to bet the nuts.
In a conversation with a buddy of mine, he thought checking the river would be better, since someone would raise. My thought was if someone had the A high flush I was going to get reraised, and since 2 people were hanging on, that seemed a distinct posiblity.
Fold preflop.
Duh, he should condition the other players :club: But seriously, the rest of the hand is played well with a big draw in a multiway pot. They likely have weak hands they will call with but not bet with. A 3 is likely raising here, all other hands are just calling. Have to bet the river.
Fold preflop.
In a conversation with a buddy of mine, he thought checking the river would be better, since someone would raise. My thought was if someone had the A high flush I was going to get reraised, and since 2 people were hanging on, that seemed a distinct posiblity.
fwiw, i raise the flop.
Fold preflop.
other than that. sheesh. you don't ever try a thing or two on a weak table and see what develops?
i've tried a thing or two, but not open-limping with 43s.
I admit that was a loose thing to do, no arguement from me there. But IF you were in that position where some how you did, let's say you misclicked, was the rest of the hand played well from there on out?Reason I am asking is because it was a rare time I had a straight flush draw and many opponents and tried to do it best I could.

lol i would play other streets differently but not the river. You called/3 bet the flop, check/raised the turn. Do you really want to c/r the river??use a HH converter, it's eleventy billion times easier for us to read.

lol i would play other streets differently but not the river. You called/3 bet the flop, check/raised the turn. Do you really want to c/r the river??use a HH converter, it's eleventy billion times easier for us to read.
I'll use a converter next time, sorry, first time posting a hand on here.my idea with the other streets was getting as much money in the pot as I could with as many people. I thought that was the best way to get the best value for my hand.
also...Never post resultsCut off all action after yuor last action.Or cut off at point you want opinions.etc...
Yeah, I saw that rule after I posted it. Even though I have been on these a long long time, I ever posted a hand, again, sorry.But, if my question was about the river, in this particular instance isn't the result fairly obvious? Or should I have cut something out?
lol i would play other streets differently but not the river.  You called/3 bet the flop, check/raised the turn.  Do you really want to c/r the river??use a HH converter, it's eleventy billion times easier for us to read.
I'll use a converter next time, sorry, first time posting a hand on here.my idea with the other streets was getting as much money in the pot as I could with as many people. I thought that was the best way to get the best value for my hand.
I didn't realize how many people were in the hand, especially on the turn. Your play seems better now.and yeah, Bdams, what was your question?
But, if my question was about the river, in this particular instance isn't the result fairly obvious? Or should I have cut something out?
it's not obvious whether someone will raise you after you bet.If you are raised by the next palyer to act...someone might argue, a c/r would've gotten you more money. So just cut it off after your river bet.. or don't show any river action and ask "What's my play?"yeah, it was obvious you won; but not obvious what other palyers did.plus, I"m anal.
But, if my question was about the river, in this particular instance isn't the result fairly obvious? Or should I have cut something out?
it's not obvious whether someone will raise you after you bet.If you are raised by the next palyer to act...someone might argue, a c/r would've gotten you more money. So just cut it off after your river bet.. or don't show any river action and ask "What's my play?"yeah, it was obvious you won; but not obvious what other palyers did.plus, I"m anal.
got it for future use