whoa is this hand good?

5 players left, 10 dollar starting stacks, i have like 13 dollars, blinds .30/.60.69 suited in the sb. all fold to button, who limps, i complete, BB checks.reads: button is rather aggressive but not maniacal, BB is like button but a little less aggressive.flop: 569 rainbow. i check this (maybe a mistake, but i intend to check raise), BB bets a dollar, button calls, i raise BB all in for another 3.30, he folds, button now moves all in for 7 more dollars.hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.i opted to fold this one. your thoughts? and i dont wanna hear a hundred people saying i shoulda bet the flop. i was trying to trap with a good hand, and didnt think there would be any free cards, as button will almost always bet when checked to.

Easy call I think, you're getting better than 2:1 and top two is a strong hand, very unlikely button has a set since no raise pre-flop, and you still have some chances to outdraw the straight.Your checkraise could just mean a pair of nines, no reason to think that he's necessarily flopped the nuts just because he comes back over the top.

Top 2 is a strong hand - you're behind a set of 5's, or a set of 6's and 9's (less likely since you hold a 6 and 9) or a flopped straight. You likely have four outs even if he folds one of these hands.More likely, he has maybe TPTK, worse two pair, some kind of draw/semibluff.It's a call for me.

I don't get it, your trying to trap, ok, i don't mind the check on the flop, if your expecting a raise, and look you get it, and another caller too! So now, you reraise, and one folds, but wait, the other moved in! He has just moved in when you were 'trapping' yet you fold? You even have the guy who moved in, pegged as aggressive, so this move could be made with a hand like top pair, worse two pair, or even a draw. Your getting better than 2:1, and with the info you have, this should have been an easy call.Just a couple of other questions:- Why is this in the Tourney forum? Unless you play your tourney's strangely, then i i don't think this is a tourney.- Why are you only buying in for $10, when the blinds are .30/.60, you don't even have 20BB's.

answers:yes this is a tourney, 5 dollar buy in, you get 10 dollars in chips, if you wanna call it 1000 chips, whatever, blinds started at 10-20 and became 30-60.my thinking about the hand:if he has a pocket pair, he's raising on the button, no question, therefore i could rule out a set.if he has TPGK, he is raising the original bet, no question.if he has 2 pair worse than mine, he is raising the original bet, no question.so that leaves either a straight or a complete bluff, and if he was completely bluffing he woulda raised the original bet.i think, after analyzing like this, he MUST have a straight, no?

Why is he smooth-calling the first bet with the straight and then pushing over the top of your raise with the straight but not 2 pair? I can't come to a clearcut answer to this; if it's me, I would be more likely to just smooth call the bb's bet but then push OTT of your checkraise with a hand like 56 than 78. If I have 56 a lot of bad cards can come on the turn if I don't protect my hand, but if I have 78 I'm more concerned with how I'm going to get you to double me up than anything else.I also find that it's generally a poor idea to give your opponents credit for the absolute nuts without a pretty good reason to do so, especially when you're down to the final 5 of a tournament. If you were to lay down top two based on a situation specific read/tell that would be one thing, but to lay 96 down to this action as a general rule is a weak play that observant opponents will take advantage of. Aggressive opponents are going to put you to decisions with much less than flopped straights.Think of it this way: If you're ahead, your opponent is drawing slimmer than you would be if you're behind. Are you really so sure that he has the straight even 2/3 times?

lolololololol ok ok ok i called. of course i called. he had the straight, and the turn and river came 78 and we split.i just wanted to make sure it was a reasonable call, so i lied and hoped to get criticized.

Next time just tell us what actually happened, it's a lot easier.
Haha, doesn't it? All this changing in the hope to get critsized it confusing me. Also, i'm interested in your tournament. So its a $5 buy-in, and you get 1000 in chips (or $10). Blinds start at 10-20, then, by the time your at 5-handed its at 30-60. How many started? Can you give us the structure?