official 2006 negreanu open tournament information

Sweet, every tournament from the last season, all the way through this season was on Stars.Every single one of them.Now, the most important one, the one with all the winners and the biggest prize is being moved to a different site.Sweet.That's awesome.Makes a lot of sense.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet, every tournament from the last season, all the way through this season was on Stars.Every single one of them.Now, the most important one, the one with all the winners and the biggest prize is being moved to a different site.Sweet.That's awesome.Makes a lot of sense.
Although I've done nothing to put together any of the tournaments and everyone has done a great job with everything regarding the Neg-O, I do agree with this, I think it would make more sense to have the TOC on stars and then move to FCP once this past year's NEG-O is finished with.But thats just me. This is no complaint, as I've done none of the work going towards the tourneys, but I do think it would be easier to finish it off on Stars.
Although I've done nothing to put together any of the tournaments and everyone has done a great job with everything regarding the Neg-O, I do agree with this, I think it would make more sense to have the TOC on stars and then move to FCP once this past year's NEG-O is finished with.But thats just me. This is no complaint, as I've done none of the work going towards the tourneys, but I do think it would be easier to finish it off on Stars.
Yes, I should qualify my last post.Setting the whole thing up, giving prizes and all that is awesome.dna, DN and his team, and dabluberry for special mention...Regardless, this is the last and most important tourn of the entire series, and it's odd to change the site.
Yes, I should qualify my last post.Setting the whole thing up, giving prizes and all that is awesome.dna, DN and his team, and dabluberry for special mention...Regardless, this is the last and most important tourn of the entire series, and it's odd to change the site.
I mentioned this a while back. I have no vested interest, but it only seems right that the final tourney should be on stars.Then again, since when is life fair and right?He with all the gold, makes all the rules.Spade, you should stage a sit out.

You all make valid arguments about why this should be on Stars and although I agree that would be a good option this is already set up and done on FCP. I'm sorry if some people dont like it, you certainly dont have to play.I am missing these 2 peoples FCP usernames to message the TOC password to - chrisrw109 and Blinkster (please contact me)

Who is Dadiell Niiigrienro?oh and,What's the Password?andShould I PM DNA?I am really confused.(This message was brought to you by the Coalition Conspiring to put DNA in a Mental Ward by the End of 2006)

Well, though I tend to agree with you guys on which site to play, the fact is it's the Neg Open and he's putting up the prize so it only seems right, especially considering the cool now plan for the upcoming year.I would suggest trying to play some tourneys on the new site ahead of time. While playing in the freeroll last night I couldn't find things like the leaderboard that stars has or stats and the other things we're used to. Also the structure is a little different, with shorter times between rounds so we'll have to figure that stuff out as well. Oh well, just look at it as a challenge and a true champion will make his way through it.

The tournaments will continue to be held at 21:00 (9:00 EST) on Wednesday nights and the buy-in will remain $10+$1. What's the blind structure going to be like? I know a lot of people mentioned that last nights freeroll blind structure favored the donkeys rather then the real players.

The tournaments will continue to be held at 21:00 (9:00 EST) on Wednesday nights and the buy-in will remain $10+$1. What's the blind structure going to be like? I know a lot of people mentioned that last nights freeroll blind structure favored the donkeys rather then the real players.
Yes, I would like to know this as well. I liked the slow structure when I played in one when the site opened A LOT. Whatever the structure is, I can work with... I just don't like it being an all in fest right after the first break.
Has anyone lemented that the tournaments are during Lost? Just wondering if there are any other Lost fans.I guess I can run a long cord...
It's called my best friend - TiVo (I know, sad :club: )
Has anyone lemented that the tournaments are during Lost? Just wondering if there are any other Lost fans.I guess I can run a long cord...
it's complicated, but suffice to say I do not have access to my TiVo and Wireless router
Yes, I would like to know this as well. I liked the slow structure when I played in one when the site opened A LOT. Whatever the structure is, I can work with... I just don't like it being an all in fest right after the first break.
Once the website gets up there will be a link to all these type questions, but there are 3 types of blind structures, slow, normal, and turbo. For now I have asked the tournaments be set up to the 'normal structure which I believe is blind increases in 15 minute increments. This should allow for plenty of play and be very comparable to Poker Stars. If it turns out this becomes a card catching contest or everyone at the final table just has a stack that is a few BB then we can switch these to slow.
Are the tournaments limited to a maximum number of players?
I think its limited to 2000 people, but we can change that if need be. To be honest I dont see much more then 300 people ever playing these, but I could be wrong.
it's complicated, but suffice to say I do not have access to my TiVo and Wireless router
Peace out.
Once the website gets up there will be a link to all these type questions, but there are 3 types of blind structures, slow, normal, and turbo. For now I have asked the tournaments be set up to the 'normal structure which I believe is blind increases in 15 minute increments. This should allow for plenty of play and be very comparable to Poker Stars. If it turns out this becomes a card catching contest or everyone at the final table just has a stack that is a few BB then we can switch these to slow.
Are the tournaments limited to a maximum number of players?
I think its limited to 2000 people, but we can change that if need be. To be honest I dont see much more then 300 people ever playing these, but I could be wrong.
OK, here is the normal structure for FCP:12 minute levels:10/2015/3025/5050/10075/1505 min break100/200150/300200/400300/600400/8005 min break500/1000600/1200800/16001000/20001500/30002000/40005 min break4000/80005000/10000 - I'll stop here. That would be 3 hrs 24 min of playingHere is PS's structure we had last quarter in the Neg-O:15 min levels:10/2015/3025/5050/1005 min break75/150100/200100/200 25 ante200/400 25 ante (would be 400/800 on FCP at this point)5 min break300/600 50 ante400/800 50 ante600/1200 75 ante800/1600 75 ante (would be at 2000/4000 on FCP at this point)5 min break1000/2000 100 ante1500/3000 150 ante (most tournies ended around here last period)2000/4000 200 ante3000/6000 300 ante5 minute breakEven though we will have more players this upcoming period, I think the tournies will be shorter because of how the structure is set up. I do not have the structure for the slow blind levels. I know that they are comparable to the PS intervals even though there are no antes at any time. Every tourny on FCP I have been in that had the normal structure that I did not double my chips in the first hour, I was at all-in or fold mode.I think it would be much better to have the slow structure as it would allow for more play for everyone that is not just all-in or fold.In the old structure, the majority of all-in or fold started happening after about an hour and a half. In the normal FCP structure, it would be after an hour.Just what I think.... we'll see how the first tourny goes, but I know I will still be saying we should switch to the slow structure after it no matter how well I do.
A) A one hour 1:1 phone coaching/consultation with Daniel Negreanu.  You will have full access to Daniels brain for that hour and can even review hand histories with him if you like.B) A one hour 1:1 HU Online Poker Session against Daniel Negreanu where you will be able to play each other and chat real time, discuss hands, strategies, etc.
What if I want my 1:1 session to be with dna4ever?
I'm upset my question was not answered. I'm BOYCOTTING the tournies until it is.

I THINK the slow structure on FCP is something similar to this:15 min levels:10/2015/3025/5050/1005 min break75/150100/200150/300200/400 (PS would be 200/400 25 ante, FCP norm would be 400/800)5 min break250/500300/600400/800500/1000 (PS would be 800/1600 75 ante, FCP would be 2000/4000)5 min break600/1200800/16001000/20001200/24005 min breakAgain, this is probably not 100% accurate, but I think the big thing is 15 minute levels. I think that is a big difference.

Yeah I think the 15 minute blinds would be much more beneficial for the players. That also puts the same pressure on players after the first break inside the hour and a half mark. Skill will play much more of a part in it then just the hope and catch play.