should i have tried to slow play

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 9:diamond:, A:diamond:. CO posts a blind of $0.50. 2 folds, BB calls.Flop: (11.50 SB) 5:diamond:, 6:diamond:, T:diamond: (5 players)BB checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Button folds, BB calls.Turn: (7.25 BB) Q:diamond: (3 players)BB checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls, BB calls.River: (10.25 BB) 6:heart: (3 players)BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls.Final Pot: 12.25 BBInstead, could i check the flop and hope either MP2 or MP3 bets so that i can trap the field for lots of bets?

what field?2 of the 4 folded to your bet. They will fold faster if another player woke up instead.This is a good time to stall a few secs and reluctantly bet..or just fire quick as normal. anyway, you are expected to bet this flop. You have two black Q's and the fleld knows you hate this flop..but must keep firing cause you don't have any sense, See?This gets chekd thru way too often, and if you c/r, you are getting no more action.If you had a lower suited hand, yes, looking to c/r a pfr directly on your right, makes sense. I think

You made the right decision. Do not, ever, slowplay this flop. Its size, the number of opponents your have, and the fact that anyone with a high diamond will come along no matter what means you'll miss TONS of value by not betting here. You played it correctly. It's not close at all.

nope, checking thru sucks, and it will happen enough because people want to see a non turn diamond.Actuary wrote

This is a good time to stall a few secs and reluctantly bet
I'm always wary of a stalling bet on the internet...although these dunderheads don't realize much of anything.

Am I wrong in thinking it rarely correct to slowplay anything at the micro-limits? Since most players at these levels are going to call you down you're just missing bets and giving free cards.I could be wrong, I often am.

Am I wrong in thinking it rarely correct to slowplay anything at the micro-limits?  Since most players at these levels are going to call you down you're just missing bets and giving free cards.I could be wrong, I often am.
you won't miss much thinking this way.If you flop the nut boat and the preflop raiser is too your right, second to act, nothing wrong with a c/r.HU against an aggressive opponent who raised preflop, and you flop a set, you can wait for turn to raise. Although, Raise/call flop. Raise Turn works against those that won't slow down.... in fact you can raise flop HU almost anytime, they won't know..but if htey are weak and won't lead the turn, just calling flop can be betteroh, but yes bet, they love to call.
Am I wrong in thinking it rarely correct to slowplay anything at the micro-limits?  Since most players at these levels are going to call you down you're just missing bets and giving free cards.I could be wrong, I often am.
You are effectively correct.There ARE situations to slowplay, but it's much rarer than most people think, ESPECIALLY in limit.The two most important factors are:a) How many single cards can come off the deck to hurt the bettability of my hand, or un-nut me? In this case, 9 cards pair the board and 8 cards make a 4th diamond... un-nutting us, or killing our action, respectivelyb) By passing up an edge now, how likely will I get someone to 1) hit a hand on the next card 2) hit a hand that he can bet into me 3) hit a hand that he can bet into me that I'm still ahead of... and 4... 4) this play definitely makes more me more money than just betting it into bad players wouldb)4 is almost never true.