dn challenge and the death of mixed games....

ok, first, unlike dreamclown, i think daniel is one of the best young players in the world. further, he is willing to play anyone at any game for up to 500k. no one else can say that.he wrote a column recently bemoaning the death of mixed games among the new generation. i'd be interested in testing my mixed game skill against daniel, but not for 100k. if daniel is game, i'd like to play five freezeouts in one session...limit henl he 08stud8PLOwe'd each put up $25,000 per freezeout. each freezeout would be designed to last a max of two hours.i know these are low stakes relative to the other challenges, but if daniel wants to test the new young players, he might have to slum it a bit.Brandon Adams

ok, first, unlike dreamclown, i think daniel is one of the best young players in the world.  further, he is willing to play anyone at any game for up to 500k.  no one else can say that.he wrote a column recently bemoaning the death of mixed games among the new generation.   i'd be interested in testing my mixed game skill against daniel, but not for 100k.    if daniel is game, i'd like to play five freezeouts in one session...limit henl he  08stud8PLOwe'd each put up $25,000 per freezeout.   each freezeout would be designed to last a max of two hours.i know these are low stakes relative to the other challenges, but if daniel wants to test the new young players, he might have to slum it a bit.Brandon Adams
Why a max of two hours?

ok let me start by saying that this man should be flamed by no one.Brandon Adams, or wins_pot is a very good player and one of the most respectful 20somethings to play the game.For those of you that watched the TOC, he was the one that got sucked out on by Hoyt I believe when Hoyt's queens hit a set.as to Brandon, I had no clue you had this kind of bankroll, but goodluck with this as I'm sure it will not be an easy match.

ok let me start by saying that this man should be flamed by no one.Brandon Adams, or wins_pot is a very good player and one of the most respectful 20somethings to play the game.For those of you that watched the TOC, he was the one that got sucked out on by Hoyt I believe when Hoyt's queens hit a set.as to Brandon, I had no clue you had this kind of bankroll, but goodluck with this as I'm sure it will not be an easy match.
he plays some big nl games online on ub and occasionaly posts on nwp. he seems like a nice guy, and I think this would be an interesting matchup, and based on the games he plays on ub im not really surprised that he has the roll for this challenge where he can at most lose 125k. gl to brandon if this match does happen, should be interesting to see how daniel matches up against a young player he probably doesnt know much about.

I gained a whole new level of respect for Brandon when I saw him on tv for the TOCI knew he played big, just didn't know he'd be willing to risk 100k playing against, yes im going to say it, one of the worlds best...I thought you were on vaca scotty

I gained a whole new level of respect for Brandon when I saw him on tv for the TOCI knew he played big, just didn't know he'd be willing to risk 100k playing against, yes im going to say it, one of the worlds best...I thought you were on vaca scotty
i got back a couple days ago.also, just for fun, think of brandon adams with a beard and wouldn't he look a lot like antonio esfandiari?

this IS the internet...theres really no proof for this to be THE brandon adams from the TOC, so it would take more than just one post that quotes a bunch of stuff from the forum to make this a go.

the one on nwp is definitely him, he has posted hands hes played as well as a tourney report from the toc and was also confirmed by gambleab i believe when they were both at the toc. i have no reason to believe the one posting here is not him.

it's me...Hand #9174295-5419 at Blundeston (No Limit Hold'em)Powered by UltimateBetStarted at 27/Oct/05 18:28:36 mierbi is at seat 0 with $5263.50. The Awesomest is at seat 2 with $6280. Give_ME is at seat 3 with $4341. BrandonAdams is at seat 5 with $20230. Chaazz is at seat 6 with $6030. leafsfan16 is at seat 7 with $4750. The button is at seat 0. The Awesomest posts the small blind of $25. Give_ME posts the big blind of $50. mierbi: -- -- The Awesomest: -- -- Give_ME: -- -- BrandonAdams: 9d 9h Chaazz: -- -- leafsfan16: -- --Pre-flop: BrandonAdams raises to $100. Chaazz calls. leafsfan16 folds. mierbi calls. The Awesomest re-raises to $550. Give_ME folds. BrandonAdams calls. Chaazz folds. mierbi calls. Flop (board: 9c Kc 3s): The Awesomest checks. BrandonAdams checks. mierbi checks. Turn (board: 9c Kc 3s 5h): The Awesomest bets $150. BrandonAdams calls. mierbi calls. River (board: 9c Kc 3s 5h 3h): The Awesomest bets $450. BrandonAdams raises to $2800. mierbi folds. The Awesomest calls. Showdown: BrandonAdams shows 9d 9h. BrandonAdams has 9d 9h 9c 3s 3h: full house, nines full of threes. The Awesomest mucks cards. (The Awesomest has Js Jh.) Hand #9174295-5419 Summary: $3 is raked from a pot of $7850. BrandonAdams wins $7847 with full house, nines full of threes.Hand #9174295-5381 at Blundeston (No Limit Hold'em)Powered by UltimateBetStarted at 27/Oct/05 18:08:30 mierbi is at seat 0 with $5125. The Awesomest is at seat 2 with $6336. Give_ME is at seat 3 with $9083. BrandonAdams is at seat 5 with $10912. Chaazz is at seat 6 with $3734. David59 is at seat 7 with $925. The button is at seat 7. mierbi posts the small blind of $25. The Awesomest posts the big blind of $50. mierbi: -- -- The Awesomest: -- -- Give_ME: -- -- BrandonAdams: Kd Kc Chaazz: -- -- David59: -- --Pre-flop: Give_ME raises to $175. BrandonAdams re-raises to $600. Chaazz folds. David59 folds. mierbi folds. The Awesomest folds. Give_ME calls. Flop (board: 8c 4h 7d): Give_ME checks. BrandonAdams bets $425. Give_ME raises to $850. BrandonAdams calls. Turn (board: 8c 4h 7d 4s): Give_ME bets $1500. BrandonAdams calls. River (board: 8c 4h 7d 4s Ks): Give_ME bets $2500. BrandonAdams goes all-in for $7962. Give_ME goes all-in for $6133. BrandonAdams is returned $1829 (uncalled). Showdown: BrandonAdams shows Kd Kc. BrandonAdams has Kd Kc 4h 4s Ks: full house, kings full of fours. Give_ME shows Ac Ah. Give_ME has Ac Ah 4h 4s Ks: two pair, aces and fours. Hand #9174295-5381 Summary: $3 is raked from a pot of $18241. BrandonAdams wins $18238 with full house, kings full of foursHand #9173942-4654 at Bhipak (No Limit Hold'em)Powered by UltimateBetStarted at 25/Oct/05 17:59:56 BrandonAdams is at seat 5 with $41621. LFISGD is at seat 6 with $20166.50. Green Plastic is at seat 7 with $10000 (sitting out). The button is at seat 6. LFISGD posts the small blind of $50. BrandonAdams posts the big blind of $100. BrandonAdams: 2s 2h LFISGD: -- --Pre-flop: LFISGD raises to $200. BrandonAdams re-raises to $600. LFISGD calls. Flop (board: Qh 9h 2c): BrandonAdams bets $1200. LFISGD raises to $4800. BrandonAdams calls. Turn (board: Qh 9h 2c 4h): BrandonAdams checks. LFISGD bets $10800. BrandonAdams goes all-in for $36221. LFISGD goes all-in for $14766.50. BrandonAdams is returned $21454.50 (uncalled). River (board: Qh 9h 2c 4h 6c): (no action in this round) Showdown: BrandonAdams shows 2s 2h. BrandonAdams has 2s 2h Qh 9h 2c: three deuces. LFISGD shows 9d Qd. LFISGD has 9d Qd Qh 9h 6c: two pair, queens and nines. Hand #9173942-4654 Summary: $.50 is raked from a pot of $40333. BrandonAdams wins $40332.50 with three deuces.----------------------------------------------------------------

I think this would be a great match to see. It would be nice to watch DN play someone who actually shows some good character.I don't know much about your (BA) play, but from what people here have said, and seeing you on the TOC, I'd say this would be a good matchup. As I said, it would be nice to see a heads up match sans "You suck", "no, you suck" and watch some poker as it should be

• 1 month later...