$50 to $1000 on pstars day 18: 75 hands full of love

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't agree. 89 suited is always playable if there's no raise pending.When you figure out if there's a raise pending before you limp in from early middle with it, let me know.It's marginally playable. No one's confused about the implied odds or why people play it from there. I just happen not to. I'd play 9Ts.Playing 89s there in a better game is a good idea if you don't like money.Ed Miller plays it there, too. I don't. /shrug. I'm not overly worried about missing out on a hand that's probably +.01BB EV in the game in question with so few to the flop most of the time.

Where are you getting .01BB from?I made it up arbitrarily.Looking at pokerooms ev stats for playing it in that position it's actually negative. It becomes posative in later positions.http://www.pokerroom.com/games/evstats/pairStats.php/shrug.It, along with 57s, 56s etc. Are very overrated hands in limit in my oppinion.That's not because I don't play them well postflop, either, I do. I just think the EV on limping with them anywhere but late position is very marginal.