official kidpoker vs. dreamclown thread

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to watch the latest match, but after reading through the updates to this thread I have to ask...If DC continues using #1 to play the matches, it seems as if they will eventually lose. It seemed as if DN could effectively adjust to his play and booked victories.It seems as though #2 would be the logical choice to continue with these matches, since he produced the best results thusfar.
I think you need to stop being so results-oriented. This sample size is so tiny from match to match that it's tough to say anything. They've played what, 2500 hands? With the variance in HU that's not close enough to tell you anything about anything.
I'll definitely second this.nh
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the kids are jealous of DN because he has set himself up for success so well.they would never have the personality / grace to pull off what DN has.
Personality and grace?Go through the RGP archives and tell me this ass has personality and grace. Search for that drunk answering machine message he left Gary Carson, rambling and repeating over and over "i'm not afraid of you, i'm not afraid of you, i'm not afraid of you" and THEN backing out of his heads up match with the guy.http://tinyurl.com/97y99Here's the whole thread, really classy of Danny to type this:http://tinyurl.com/8gav2This is pretty funny too:http://tinyurl.com/8sl55
the kids are jealous of DN because he has set himself up for success so well.they would never have the personality / grace to pull off what DN has.
Personality and grace?Go through the RGP archives and tell me this ass has personality and grace. Search for that drunk answering machine message he left Gary Carson, rambling and repeating over and over "i'm not afraid of you, i'm not afraid of you, i'm not afraid of you" and THEN backing out of his heads up match with the guy.http://tinyurl.com/97y99Here's the whole thread, really classy of Danny to type this:http://tinyurl.com/8gav2This is pretty funny too:http://tinyurl.com/8sl55
I think it's widely known that Daniel has changed quite a bit since then, for many reasons that I am not going to get into right now. The evidence of that is obviously how classy he handled the situation with DC #2. You would have thought they were friends.DC #1 put in his equal share of smack talk as well so don't forget that.
I think it's widely known that Daniel has changed quite a bit since then, for many reasons that I am not going to get into right now. The evidence of that is obviously how classy he handled the situation with DC #2. You would have thought they were friends.DC #1 put in his equal share of smack talk as well so don't forget that.
You gotta be kidding. He showed absolutely no class or desire to be the better man when it came to DC #1. Then he loses a session and all of a sudden that's it, it's over.From bragging and I spend all my time busting chumps like you to unstickying the thread. Yeah, really classy.Like Danny said though (according to Gary), you can't have a drinking problem if you only drink beer and wine. So he's ok.
You gotta be kidding. He showed absolutely no class or desire to be the better man when it came to DC #1. Then he loses a session and all of a sudden that's it, it's over.From bragging and I spend all my time busting chumps like you to unstickying the thread. Yeah, really classy.Like Danny said though (according to Gary), you can't have a drinking problem if you only drink beer and wine. So he's ok.
And neither did DC #1. DN is a professional poker player, whose goal (and job for that matter) is busting other players. His intent the whole time was to bust DC. Whoever that may be.All this "smack talk" started when DC refused to continue playing once DN got to a low point in his stack their first meeting. It was coming from both sides.. Surely you're not suggesting that it's all DN's fault?Oh, and your assertion that DN still has a drinking problem shows how much class you have. You have no idea if he does or not, you don't even know him. Nice try to put him down but you are just making yourself look like an idiot.
And neither did DC #1 [show any class.]
So what? Even if my opponent doesn't show class, I'll be the better man and act like a professional. DN is the face of poker to a lot of people and he for some reason decided to act like a 3 year old. He was drunk maybe? He should be more responsible.
DN is a professional poker player, whose goal (and job for that matter) is busting other players.
That's great and all, but all of a sudden one losing session and BAM unstickied. What a huge wuss! Come on DN, "play hours, not results."
All this "smack talk" started when DC refused to continue playing once DN got to a low point in his stack their first meeting.
And DN whined like a 5 year old. What DC did is pretty standard in an online game and it really makes sense- you play bc you think you have an edge over a guy, when the guys stack gets so low that it's a coinflip your edge is nonexistent so you ask him to rebuy. This happens all the time.Besides, DC is a professional poker player, whose goal (and job for that matter) is busting other players. :-)
It was coming from both sides.. Surely you're not suggesting that it's all DN's fault?
The thing is one of these guys is a 23 year old punk that lives with his mom, and the other guy is a poker megastar that also lives with his mom. By putting himself out there like he does, the poker megastar has a responsibility to the poker community to not act like a 5 year old.
Oh, and your assertion that DN still has a drinking problem shows how much class you have. You have no idea if he does or not, you don't even know him.
Well I have known a lot of alcoholics and his behavior in the past (drinking until he'd black out frequently for one) is pretty clearly some kind of problem drinking. He was on TV chugging a beer 6 months ago, so he apparently still has some kind of affinity for the sauce. From here: http://rubyurl.com/8ai
Did you watch the WPT final tonight?  He was in audience, and was apparently was asked to come down when Sexton announced and toasted the winner.   They hand out the Amber beer to everyone and when Daniel gets his, he immediately begins drinking!!.  Before the toast!  I couldn't believe it.  if you have tivo or something similar as I have through the cable company, rewind it.  It's unreal.  He was chugging, people!!
I don't know any problem drinkers that can do stuff like that that don't still have a drinking problem. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't.
That's great and all, but all of a sudden one losing session and BAM unstickied. What a huge wuss! Come on DN, "play hours, not results."
Ummm...do you even read the blog? Daniel's on the road from now until February playing live events. That is what he does for a living. He has a wife too. I dont know if she travels with him, but either waym I would expect he might want to spend some time with her before he hits the road. Why in the world would he leave the thread stickied? Oh wait...I get it! He's so afraid of DC now that he's only up overall a few BB that he's planning a huge schedule of live events and travel to avoid playing the clown. Get a life guys. The thread is unstickied because he's not going to be sitting at home playing online for a little while. The match was overhyped and over-reported from the the start. DC #1 acted like a douche and a punk. DN acted in kind. DC #2 was respectful, and DN acted in kind. Do you all have so much invested emotionally in this drama that you have to read so much into it?

i didn't think the smack talk about Annie was all that bad. That Carson fellow certainly has the red hair for Danny.If you were to take a poll of the poker viewing public I bet Annie would not fair well. She rubs people wrong.As far as Daniel quitting, I do think that was a bit lame. How do you talk so much smack about how you're going to take someones stack and then back down?I know it's not my money, but I'm also not telling DC that I'm going to bust him. Danny talks like he's huge on integrity, so the right thing to do IMO is to admit he can't bust DC and compliment their play but still raise objections about their ettiquette.Overall I'm still a big fan. No one is perfect.

i didn't think the smack talk about Annie was all that bad. That Carson fellow certainly has the red hair after Danny.If you were to take a poll of the poker viewing public I bet Annie would not fair well. She rubs people wrong.As far as Daniel quitting, I do think that was a bit lame. How do you talk so much smack about how you're going to take someones stack and then back down?I know it's not my money, but I'm also not telling DC that I'm going to bust him. Danny talks like he's huge on integrity, so the right thing to do IMO is to admit he can't bust DC and compliment their play but still raise objections about their ettiquette.
I agree that unstickying this is really lame. Can we at least get an "I was wrong, I guess I'm not gonna bust these guys"?I also agree that Annie Duke seems like a real bitch. A post like he made there though is just not very classy.Carson doesn't like DN because of this http://tinyurl.com/bhpht ... among other things.My bigger point though is that the guy is totally classless. He puts forward a nice facade sometimes, but it's just so fake. He has a legion of micro-limit playing 15 year old fanboys here though that stick up for him at every turn, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.Accusing DC of collusion was pretty seriously classless and then he said "oh whoops I'm sorry"- that's just so lame to make baseless accusations that are that serious when you have no evidence whatsoever.I like the e-mail he sent to Russ G, once again showing his class:"Doyle is a big fat cheat, I can't stand him one bit... Stick with Doyle and Chip. Geez, use Men the Master too he literally is the biggest cheat in tournament poker today, no question."-Danielhttp://tinyurl.com/bafr4
Accusing DC of collusion was pretty seriously classless and then he said "oh whoops I'm sorry"- that's just so lame to make baseless accusations that are that serious when you have no evidence whatsoever.I like the e-mail he sent to Russ G, once again showing his class:"Doyle is a big fat cheat, I can't stand him one bit... Stick with Doyle and Chip. Geez, use Men the Master too he literally is the biggest cheat in tournament poker today, no question."-Danielhttp://tinyurl.com/bafr4
Firstly DN never accused DC of collusion he stated that he had heard it was a possibility, there is a big difference between that and making an accusation. I don't know the story behind the email but if it is legit he had his reasons, protecting a friend or what not. It is an email that was not meant for public viewing and if you expose anybody's privacy completly nobody comes out looking great. You are asserting views from the likes of Russ G who is no shining example of class himself.

chopper88 you are grasping at straws. Daniels backs out of a challenge where he gave 10-1. maybe daniel was drunk when he offered those odds. Maybe he was trying to talk big, who gives a crap. That is so small time and a normal occurance in life.then on the email, he did state he wanted it off the record. Then he sticks up for a friend. He attacks Doyal, so what, I could care less if Doyal were to attack Daniel. that's their problem.Has Daniel ever done anything to you personally. If he has then you have a beef. Otherwise, you're just trying to start crap from nothing.Daniel in the smallest of ways has been cool to me and he entertains me. Only some psycho would want something more from the guy.

My son is 6 years old and is really into Yu Gi Oh, we were going through some cards and came across this one ....MRD-080-1.jpgStruck me as funny so thought I would share

My son is 6 years old and is really into Yu Gi Oh, we were going through some cards and came across this one ....MRD-080-1.jpgStruck me as funny so thought I would share
Yu Gi Oh is a great show.

chopper88,seems like u really dung deep into the belly of the internet beast to find those referrences about daniel's past quotes.seems like u know daniels past better than anyone around.kinda scary if you ask me.i mean if it was a crazy fan and all i can see it, but you really have a hatred for the guy it seems.you should devote your energy into more positive outlets. your referrences seem like they only undermind your point since daniel's fans like him for being honest and open which he was on those quotes anyways.if you dont like the guy then why waste your energy on his site talking about him. your only contributing to his promotion by doing so.only saying this cuz other people may dislike a guy and state his opinion but it seems like youve really invested alot of effort into making like a court case with all the evidence, depostions, statements, withnesses, etc, etc.

chopper88,seems like u really dung deep into the belly of the internet beast to find those referrences about daniel's past quotes.seems like u know daniels past better than anyone around.kinda scary if you ask me.i mean if it was a crazy fan and all i can see it, but you really have a hatred for the guy it seems.you should devote your energy into more positive outlets. your referrences seem like they only undermind your point since daniel's fans like him for being honest and open which he was on those quotes anyways.if you dont like the guy then why waste your energy on his site talking about him. your only contributing to his promotion by doing so.only saying this cuz other people may dislike a guy and state his opinion but it seems like youve really invested alot of effort into making like a court case with all the evidence, depostions, statements, withnesses, etc, etc.
Yea, I hate Geraldo Rivera but you don't see me posting 1000 reasons why do you? Get a life man...Damn you Geraldo... damnnnn youuuu
Get a life guys. The thread is unstickied because he's not going to be sitting at home playing online for a little while.
Why do most people assume it's over? DN said himself that his laptop will be his best friend when he's on the road this month. He'll play tons online, don't worry.
i didn't think the smack talk about Annie was all that bad. That Carson fellow certainly has the red hair after Danny.If you were to take a poll of the poker viewing public I bet Annie would not fair well. She rubs people wrong.As far as Daniel quitting, I do think that was a bit lame. How do you talk so much smack about how you're going to take someones stack and then back down?I know it's not my money, but I'm also not telling DC that I'm going to bust him. Danny talks like he's huge on integrity, so the right thing to do IMO is to admit he can't bust DC and compliment their play but still raise objections about their ettiquette.
I agree that unstickying this is really lame. Can we at least get an "I was wrong, I guess I'm not gonna bust these guys"?I also agree that Annie Duke seems like a real censored. A post like he made there though is just not very classy.Carson doesn't like DN because of this http://tinyurl.com/bhpht ... among other things.My bigger point though is that the guy is totally classless. He puts forward a nice facade sometimes, but it's just so fake. He has a legion of micro-limit playing 15 year old fanboys here though that stick up for him at every turn, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.Accusing DC of collusion was pretty seriously classless and then he said "oh whoops I'm sorry"- that's just so lame to make baseless accusations that are that serious when you have no evidence whatsoever.I like the e-mail he sent to Russ G, once again showing his class:"Doyle is a big fat cheat, I can't stand him one bit... Stick with Doyle and Chip. Geez, use Men the Master too he literally is the biggest cheat in tournament poker today, no question."-Danielhttp://tinyurl.com/bafr4
Men IS a huge tourney poker cheater. I don't see the problem with that statement.
Men IS a huge tourney poker cheater. I don't see the problem with that statement.
My understanding of what happened is that to say he was a big tourney cheater is a more accurate statement. I believe he's cleaned up his act as of late, though I haven't done a lot of research into it myself.
Deep into the belly of the internet beast? Not quite. It's just that I've been around a lot longer than you. Yeah, people played poker before it was a fad. I've been on RGP for probably 6 years and I've seen Danny consistently act like a classless jackass. So I come here and take 10 minutes to show all the fanboys. It's been fun.
It's just that I've been around a lot longer than you. Yeah, people played poker before it was a fad. I've been on RGP for probably 6 years
well ive been playin this thing called poker for ten years and never knew what rgp is till now and i still dont really know wat it is.maybe you should be around the card room more than some internet forum, then you can say something that is significant. but then again if you were any good, i doubt you'd be boasting about 6 years at some rgp thing.all i know is that i've been playing poker before this fad and i got to say the games are way juicier now than back then. if you say that Daniel is classless because he states his dislike of certain people on a public forum, well what does that make you. seems very hypocritical.

i like the different perspective. Still there's no secret, Daniel is here to entertain us, and he gets (i think) paid well to do so.Nevertheless, I still think it's puss'n out to go from I'm going to take your $400k because your way over your head to make this whole thing go away please. It went from a level 10 intensity when daniel was up 75k to a level 2 after he got smashed.

its no secret that daniel juiced this match up to bring customers into his new store. wether the match up was originally set up for this, probably no one knows for sure.but im sure win or loose daniel was looking at the bigger picture.(new revenue stream via online poker business)any good businessman would hype up an opportunity for free advertising.well not actually free but either a small investment up front by loosing to dc or free advertising with profit(by beating dc).