official kidpoker vs. dreamclown thread

No matter which member it was, this guy played much better. For team dreamclown to continue with anyone but him would be -ev. i thought the other guy was just a betmonkey, but i could also see how he could run over any one who played him headsup who incorrectly folded too much.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if it was one of the lesser gcc players playing before while the better one watched to learn DN's habits. I don't know. One thing I noticed was the chat was a lot more friendly this time around.
i thought about this but in the end i don't think so. the other guy was so uber aggressive that I think against weaker players (which they're probably more use to playing) his style would probably turn the biggest profits. i think their experience has shown the previous sessions player to be the best in the group. just didn't work out that way this time.
I have to agree with WZR. DC #1 is not a donkey. His style of play can win alot of money against a player with a shorter BR. I think thats how he wins all his money. He puts pressurre on them and he steals pots because the money doesn't matter to him as much as it would to a player on a short roll. Kind of sad that it happens that way, but hey, it's a way to make money. So I can't argue with it. But, I can say his skill level is no where near a "real" poker player. He reminds me of John Phan or Tuan Li. They just ram and jam and use ther BR's to beat you out of your money. I don't give them much respect as a true player.That being said. #2 DC played DN correctly. DN has tons of cash compared to the blinds. Your not going to scare him out of pots or make hime fold a hand he wants to call because he thinks your bluffing. The way you beat DN, is play "real" poker with him. Play soundly and with a BR that won't break you if you lose a few sessions. (I said a few sessions not just one seesion) This is what happened last night and they finally booked a win. But it doesn't mean DC #1 is a donkey. He's just not the kind of player that can beat DN consistently.
No matter which member it was, this guy played much better. For team dreamclown to continue with anyone but him would be -ev. i thought the other guy was just a betmonkey, but i could also see how he could run over any one who played him headsup who incorrectly folded too much.
#2 might be a much better player..If that is the case how do you explain the first 80k that Daniel won ???I think #2 is better also....I think they are pretty evenly matched..At this point a little luck seems to take over..the biggest rush will seem to win.Being able to avoid being on the wrong end of a huge pot kinda helps also.
#2 might be a much better player..If that is the case how do you explain the first 80k that Daniel won ???I think #2 is better also....I think they are pretty evenly matched..At this point a little luck seems to take over..the biggest rush will seem to win.Being able to avoid being on the wrong end of a huge pot kinda helps also.
theres a ton of luck in hulhe kenny, i would say that guy was way better even if he lost 80k based on the way he played not the results. the first guy i felt was in auto bet and calldown with anything mode.
This has officially unstickied.I think this officially brings an end to Dreamclown Mania.I think DN is now officially sick of play DC.
I'm a huge fan of DN. However, from boasting about taking DC's stack to officially giving up in a matter of two days. He should give up playing them online and insist future matches be played in person. He will break them under those circumstances, but right now they have technology on their side. Why else would a rookie (DC) choose a fight with DN?

How lame is this?DN loses one session and this thread is unstickied? Is that it? He can't be quitting now!Here's a eugeneel post from NWP********Daniel Negreanu is the most political poker player on Earth. Matt is an excellent hu LHE player, but we (he included) have surely considered Sansone the best, even if marginally, after infinite experience among us. Their games are nearly identical in strategy and creativity. In fact, the only differences between the two tonight were: 1) Negreanu actually played through his downswing as he was (finally) committed to by a time agreement, and 2) Matt did not express his hatred for Daniel (as Sansone did) and so Daniel will of course sing a different tune. (As he did praising XWA, a player who we all consider to be one of the worst regulars on proom. Not to undermine Matt's play at all. He is excellent. But he will admit his play is extremely close to sansone's. Negreanu is only interested in blackening the names of those who call him out on his true nature. *********

This has officially unstickied.I think this officially brings an end to Dreamclown Mania.I think DN is now officially sick of play DC.
I'm a huge fan of DN. However, from boasting about taking DC's stack to officially giving up in a matter of two days. He should give up playing them online and insist future matches be played in person. He will break them under those circumstances, but right now they have technology on their side. Why else would a rookie (DC) choose a fight with DN?
Why would you be a fan of a poker player? That makes absolutely no sense to me.Do you know what a bad guy your hero is? You should go back through the old RGP archives, he's not a good guy.
Why would you be a fan of a poker player? That makes absolutely no sense to me.Do you know what a bad guy your hero is? You should go back through the old RGP archives, he's not a good guy.
RGP? My experience with DN is that he's always been willing to give me tips on my game dating back 3 years. His input help me be a winning player. I usually judge people by how they treat me personally.
Daniel needs to insist future matches be played live.
Why would they give up their edge? That'd be stupid. I don't think you understand why they are playing.
why are they playing? My assumption is that Daniel has deep pockets.
Daniel want to promote the site and doesn't care a whole lot either way if they win or lose.DC thinks they have an edge and want to beat him.What limit do you play these days? I have a feeling by how you talk you are probably still in the kiddie pool. This normally is no big deal, but if that's still the case you should question how valuable him helping you with your game has been.But I'm just making that up, maybe you're crushing the 100/200

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to watch the latest match, but after reading through the updates to this thread I have to ask...If DC continues using #1 to play the matches, it seems as if they will eventually lose. It seemed as if DN could effectively adjust to his play and booked victories.It seems as though #2 would be the logical choice to continue with these matches, since he produced the best results thusfar.But wouldn't that kind of take away from the whole drama that started this mess? DN said himself that #2 was very polite and well mannered, and while I'm sure there is still a lot of good poker to be played between the DCers and DN, wasn't this whole thing started by the poor sportsmanship of #1, and DN trying to "teach him a lesson"??

Sansone is the marginally better player though. Did you guys notice that matt plays virtually the same game? Sees every flop for 2 big blinds? It's so frustrating that a person like Daniel has to start saying that one is better than the other and his legion of followers will just nod their heads and agree. There is my 2 cents.

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to watch the latest match, but after reading through the updates to this thread I have to ask...If DC continues using #1 to play the matches, it seems as if they will eventually lose. It seemed as if DN could effectively adjust to his play and booked victories.It seems as though #2 would be the logical choice to continue with these matches, since he produced the best results thusfar.But wouldn't that kind of take away from the whole drama that started this mess? DN said himself that #2 was very polite and well mannered, and while I'm sure there is still a lot of good poker to be played between the DCers and DN, wasn't this whole thing started by the poor sportsmanship of #1, and DN trying to "teach him a lesson"??
i like how you said "seems" - you don't pretend to have all the answers.good post.daniel

I can't believe I managed to wade through all 63 pages of this match. I appreciate the details some FCP posters put in (factual details), it really fleshed out the matches. Thank you.A special thanks for the link to the actual game details. I am going to take the time to play through the Dec. 30th match to learn what I can.The start of the game is:www.pokernetwork.co.uk/games/handhistory/?gameCode=P4&handNumber=1651990980Just hit next hand to work your way through the entire game. If there is anyone out there with "a lot of free time on their hands", please crunch the numbers and get some stats out of this match for FCP. I will settle for getting any improvement for my HU game which - quite frankly - needs an overhaul. (A good friend suggested that my HU LH game needs a bullet, but I am more optimistic :club: )In "any" game, you learn by adapting and applying what you learn. This HU match has made me look at LH HU play a little differently, so thank you dreamclown, ... I will avoid robotic play.Hats off to DN who takes the time to politely drop good poker insight into the forum.I found the post about the 3:1 odds on calling a raise from the SB when you are in the BB really good.As for the rest of the goofy stuff in this 63 page thread, ... well, it was entertaining. You have to have fun in life and this has been Grade A entertainment.Pardon the pun, but it was funny in a sad clown sort of way to see a player with obvious talent (yes, dreamclown) behave like a bozo when playing a caliber opponent. You waste an opportunity - win or lose - to learn something about your play.

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to watch the latest match, but after reading through the updates to this thread I have to ask...If DC continues using #1 to play the matches, it seems as if they will eventually lose. It seemed as if DN could effectively adjust to his play and booked victories.It seems as though #2 would be the logical choice to continue with these matches, since he produced the best results thusfar.
I think you need to stop being so results-oriented. This sample size is so tiny from match to match that it's tough to say anything. They've played what, 2500 hands? With the variance in HU that's not close enough to tell you anything about anything.