official kidpoker vs. dreamclown thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DN vs. DC Strategy question:When DC is on the button (small blind), he ALWAYS raises. Part of DN's edge is that he will fold a bad hand to that raise, and can three bet a good hand. DN can fold for his big blind (one small bet), or play for 2 or 3 small bets.When DN is on the button, he usually raises, but sometimes folds bad hands. DC ALWAYS calls. So DN has 2 options: fold for half a small bet, or play for 2 small bets.QUESTION: Why doesn't DN ever call when on the button. I'm pretty sure DC will ALWAYS raise it to 2 bets, and then DN has the option make it 3? This would give DN a third option when on the button, and a way to get more money in the pot on a good hand. Normally, I wouldn't just call with a top hand, but DC is so predictable - couldn't this help exploit that predictability?Peace,Dave
Limp reraising in limit hold em is the worst play you can make. It will add nothing to DN's gameplan. All it will do is essentially raise the stakes or give off info. If he mixes up the limp reraise perfectly all it's gonna do it pump the pot, force him to bluff a pot. Its just a stupid play. I personally think the 2 BB preflop is a good way to play. If you have perfect post flop play.

I dont think DN is really trying to book a small win and run. One of DN's most popular advice to people, and one he said he uses, is to play hours not results. Meaning play for a set amount of hours and thats when you leave, don't leave just because youre up.It seems like that is what he is doing against DC. I think the last 5 days they played were about 4hrs each. The other day he played for only 2hrs, but made sure he came back for another 2hrs. DN is probably sticking to his rules and leaving regardless of how much he is up. And then he is trying to piss off DC by making him think he is trying to book another small win and takin off when in fact he is just playing the set amount of time he put for himself.

Limp reraising in limit hold em is the worst play you can make. It will add nothing to DN's gameplan. All it will do is essentially raise the stakes or give off info. Yeah, normally I would agree. Limp reraising is weak IN GENERAL. But I thought it might be different if your opponent is COMPLETELY 100% predictable pre-flop. It isn't giving off any more information than when DN three-bets pre-flop as the button. And obviously you don't do it everytime you have good cards . It may force DN to bluff at more hands, but it is also an advertisement that he has excellent cards (whether he does or not on that particular hand), making the bluff more likely to succeed. And part of the idea of poker is to raise the stakes when things are in your favor.I am also intrigued by DC's play of always 2-betting pre-flop. It is aggressive and gives away ZERO information. It is a nice style. But DN has critisized DC's play by saying that folding pre-flop is smart to do sometimes - so wouldn't there be situations where limp-raising is good too? (Like maybe when your opponent ALWAYS 2-bets.) I'm just wondering advantages and disadvantages of different approaches.Peace,Opie

No offence, but DNs exit seems kinda weak. I'm not talking about etiquette or anything, I actually thought, that all the trash talk between them was funny (and DN is definately better at it than DC :club:), but leaving as soon as he is up a very small amount after being down a lot imo gives the impression that he is scared of playing (even if he would have quit anyway at that point no matter how many chips he had).If they continue playing, it seems inevitable that at some point Daniel Negreanu will have to book a losing session, and I don't think, that that would prove anything either way.
If he was down then got up again then quit I would agree with you, but he was down then up then down then up again and quit after about 4hrs. so he played as long as he has stated he would play, No more than 4Hrs...

maybe someone can let me know why, but aren't both players making mistakes my not capping more hands pre-flop?the SB almost always raises, so the BB has low reraising requirements. it doesn't seem like the SB needs to wait for a monster hand to cap, given that even if his hand is not a huge favourite, his favourable position makes it so.obviously doing this just occasionally will gave away more information than the extra small blind is worth, but i'm very surprised both players, especially DN, have not included this to a greater extent in their repetoire (sp?)cheers,daniel

So thereis a KidPoker table right now on FCP. Dreamclown is sitting there now, but in the info part it says, "Visa, Mastercard and Clown Cash accepted."lmaolooks like DN made the table but left? Odd

neverwin8: sou you dont want to play?Dreamclown: no im playing at ub.Dreamclown: looking for dnneverwin8: ok ill just call him up and use his account then u will playDreamclown: ya sureneverwin8: whats the difference you guys are the best. u guys will play dn but not me? that doesn't look good for the gccDreamclown: whats up with the u guys stuffDreamclown: im in a game, want me to leave here, will that make you feel betterneverwin8: well im right here and dreamclown has refused to play several timesDreamclown: thats cus you were short, you know ant will play you anytimeneverwin8: is 50K short now?Dreamclown: its notneverwin8: sitting in and posting would make me feel betterDreamclown leaves the table.I guess everyone thinks this guy is a Doucheclown.

when I went to bed, DN was down 40. I was upset and angry because all I could see was DC hitting some great cards. DN was working his butt off, but DC had changed his style somewhat and with his cards was just killing DN. And . . . . . . DN finishes up slightly. Wow. This is the greatest. DC has got to be royally upset. Way to go DN.
just curious how someone elses poker play makes you angry and upset
so it sounds like dreamclown is made up of 2 diff ppl ? Matt woodward (woodrow), Anthony (ray decargani)
i believe it has been stated that the Dreamclown account is actually 4 people. they all have different specialties and rey decargani is the only one who is playing DN heads-up in limit.