official kidpoker vs. dreamclown thread

alright I have a question, I haven't been around the forums much in the holiday season but is DC really 4 players? and does it seem to anyone that they just basically run over people? People show up with 25k-30k and "take a shot" and then he just runs them over. Much like he did with DN when he was playing short
Basically yes and yes. DCs bankroll is made up of 3 or 4 players. Most people think they all play on this same account, but DC refutes this so who knows for sure. But yes, DC basically runs over all competitors, just not top notch players. It will be interesting to see him continue to play DN and I really hope NW gets a shot at him as well.
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont worry we have enough $ to play these stakes. If we had only a mil we would probably not play 500-1kAlso, we do not share bankrolls, we just take 4ths of the action when it's 500-1000 and sometimes take pieces on the 3-6 game on ub.-EIf we thought we had a .5bb/hr advantage on DN we would not play him. The advantage is much much higher. Just give it some time
from 2+2
People show up with 25k-30k and "take a shot" and then he just runs them over. Much like he did with DN when he was playing short
Because its easy to run people over in limit poker when they have 30 BBs?If DC takes 20K off of DN when DN sits with 30K then he would have taken the same 20K after that amount of time if DN sat with a million, its LIMIT.
People show up with 25k-30k and "take a shot" and then he just runs them over. Much like he did with DN when he was playing short
Because its easy to run people over in limit poker when they have 30 BBs?If DC takes 20K off of DN when DN sits with 30K then he would have taken the same 20K after that amount of time if DN sat with a million, its LIMIT.
Hes talking about players that sit with scared money and buckle under the pressure that DC applies.

where can i find the strategy for optimal heads up / limt holdem used by DC, andy beal, etc. If it works against average players than it should be good enough for me because I have not delusions about playing 500/1000 against DN.

where can i find the strategy for optimal heads up / limt holdem used by DC, andy beal, etc. If it works against average players than it should be good enough for me because I have not delusions about playing 500/1000 against DN.
I'm sure DC didn't make it to the 500/1000 tables by publishing his strategy.
Dish Cloth's strategy is very simple. It relies on the odds of catching cards every flop. Just ask Doyle Brunson how many millions he was won with nothing. In his book he says straight out: "When all of my money goes into the pot (all-in) a majority of the time it's going in with the worst hand." A good live example is the recent WPT tourney that aired again, which DN won! Several bets, probably way more than we witnessed, were won with nothing, the worst hand. It's part of the game, and a majority of the time you can bluff people out of heads-up hold 'em because a majority of the time they will have flopped nothing. I think D.'s right, though. He has played, and plays now weekly with, the best limit players in the world, Harman being one of them. And it seems obvious from watching a little bit that it's smart to keep betting even with just one pair, becaue that's usually going to be the best hand!
Dish Cloth's strategy is very simple. It relies on the odds of catching cards every flop. Just ask Doyle Brunson how many millions he was won with nothing. In his book he says straight out: "When all of my money goes into the pot (all-in) a majority of the time it's going in with the worst hand." A good live example is the recent WPT tourney that aired again, which DN won! Several bets, probably way more than we witnessed, were won with nothing, the worst hand. It's part of the game, and a majority of the time you can bluff people out of heads-up hold 'em because a majority of the time they will have flopped nothing. I think D.'s right, though. He has played, and plays now weekly with, the best limit players in the world, Harman being one of them. And it seems obvious from watching a little bit that it's smart to keep betting even with just one pair, becaue that's usually going to be the best hand!
Comparing NL and limit is like comparing scrabble and parcheesi.Doyle was not giving advice to apply to LHE.

The issue is about catching cards, and getting people to fold A-J when the flop comes 4-6-9 and you have A-3. The game is A GAME, and like I said, DC makes so much money because he scares average players out of pots, because a majority of the time they will have flopped nothing, and so will he!It has nothing to do with limits vs. no-limit. It has to do with scaring people off their hands.

How many hands do dn a dc need to play before one can establish that they are the dominant player. For my 2 cents i think dn is the better player. Off subject i would like too see dn versus eriki123. Most people conceiter erik to be one of the best if not the best limit player on the net.

WAB/MM
The issue is about catching cards, and getting people to fold A-J when the flop comes 4-6-9 and you have A-3. The game is A GAME, and like I said, DC makes so much money because he scares average players out of pots, because a majority of the time they will have flopped nothing, and so will he!It has nothing to do with limits vs. no-limit. It has to do with scaring people off their hands.
Oh so you meant its all about aggression, especially when you are playing shorthanded and HU. I think everyone in the forum knows that, but to quote Doyle out of Supersystem saying that he usually has the worsdt hand doesn't even come close to applying to this situation. He's talkin about making huge bets and trying to scare people off their hands but having outs when he's called.You only have 1 bet in limit and you arent getting some off of top pair most of the time. If someones that hyper aggressive in limit you just call them down with any pair and slow them down. It's harder to do that in NL cause it can cost you everything. You can't be as big of a bully in limit as you can in NL.So you can stop quoting Doyle talking about moving all-in and refrencing NLHE tournmaments when the issue at hand is LHE cash games.Yes aggression helps, we all know that.
How many hands do dn a dc need to play before one can establish that they are the dominant player. For my 2 cents i think dn is the better player. Off subject i would like too see dn versus eriki123. Most people conceiter erik to be one of the best if not the best limit player on the net.
Many, many, more than they have played.
Many, many, more than they have played.
Pretentious moi? 8)
Oh so you meant its all about aggression, especially when you are playing shorthanded and HU. I think everyone in the forum knows that, but to quote Doyle out of Supersystem saying that he usually has the worsdt hand doesn't even come close to applying to this situation. He's talkin about making huge bets and trying to scare people off their hands but having outs when he's called.You only have 1 bet in limit and you arent getting some off of top pair most of the time. If someones that hyper aggressive in limit you just call them down with any pair and slow them down. It's harder to do that in NL cause it can cost you everything. You can't be as big of a bully in limit as you can in NL.So you can stop quoting Doyle talking about moving all-in and refrencing NLHE tournmaments when the issue at hand is LHE cash games.Yes aggression helps, we all know that.
Well, you're still missing the point, even though you say "yes, we all know that". You basically are contradicting yourself. THE WAY YOU MAKE MONEY IN LIMIT, OR NO-LIMIT, is by constantly going in with nothing. You say quoting Doyle "doesn't come close applying here". WTF? Please explain to me how it's any different. The majority of the money DC makes is BETTING WITH NOTHING! It's playing the game, not playing with only the best hand. For you to sit here and criticize my posts is so idiotic, I just can't figure it out. Please save criticism for truly out there posts, or posts dogging D from the GCC crew. It doesn't make sense to criticize me, and then say "yes, aggression helps, we all know that". That's the center of making money in limit. Yes, it's only a limit bet, a 2,000 raise say, but it's the same thing, you just have to do it over , and over, and censored-ing over to make the hundreds of thousands, or millions, that they've made. Again, the only way my post can be criticized is if I say "DN has just gotten extremely lucky to beat DC". That wouldn't make sense.
Well, you're still missing the point, even though you say "yes, we all know that". You basically are contradicting yourself. THE WAY YOU MAKE MONEY IN LIMIT, OR NO-LIMIT, is by constantly going in with nothing. You say quoting Doyle "doesn't come close applying here". WTF? Please explain to me how it's any different. The majority of the money DC makes is BETTING WITH NOTHING! It's playing the game, not playing with only the best hand. For you to sit here and criticize my posts is so idiotic, I just can't figure it out. Please save criticism for truly out there posts, or posts dogging D from the GCC crew. It doesn't make sense to criticize me, and then say "yes, aggression helps, we all know that". That's the center of making money in limit. Yes, it's only a limit bet, a 2,000 raise say, but it's the same thing, you just have to do it over , and over, and censored-ing over to make the hundreds of thousands, or millions, that they've made. Again, the only way my post can be criticized is if I say "DN has just gotten extremely lucky to beat DC". That wouldn't make sense.
Doyle could go all night without being looked up and absolutely no one would get in his way but its alot easier to flop middle or bottom pair and say I'm taking this to the river against DC.I'm sorry if you're getting defensive about it I'm just saying that you can't really apply Doyles quote to this situation. Doyle scared people by moving them in. No one is scared of calling a big bet.Limit and NL are compltely different games which is why there is a limit section of the book. IN SS2 Harman has a great SH LHE section. If Doyle's advice was good enough, they wouldn't have a LHE chapter.Different games call for different strategies. I can assure you when Doyles playing 4000/8000 HE hes not trying to jam the pot with the worst hand as much as you think he is.

It's not "betting with nothing". It's betting certain flops that look good and you may only have ace high but it's profitable to bet it. Betting with outs. If you can put your opponent on a range of hands, then it's profitable to bet with ace high sometimes because you know that X % of the time, the other player won't have anything.

i love how DN keeps saying that "if only he 3-bet and folded some preflop he would have a chance...". it's some great reverse psychology. by openly saying what DC is doing wrong and dissing his style, DC won't be able to change his style because that would mean he's admitting that DN is correct and is a superior player. DN is forcing DC to play non-optimally against him by screwing with his ego. what a sick bastard... :twisted:
Sssshhhhhh!!! LOL, you too smart :wink:
i love how DN keeps saying that "if only he 3-bet and folded some preflop he would have a chance...".  it's some great reverse psychology.  by openly saying what DC is doing wrong and dissing his style, DC won't be able to change his style because that would mean he's admitting that DN is correct and is a superior player.  DN is forcing DC to play non-optimally against him by screwing with his ego.  what a sick bastard...  :twisted:
Sssshhhhhh!!! LOL, you too smart :wink:
hey dn, we getting some action tonight or what?????your not gonna say no to a free car/house are u? kik his ass