they were quoting rounders, so i knew it was +ev

20/40 live Christmas Party game.10 handed.No reals, but I assume they're all terrible.Smash has Qs TsPRE-FLOPUTG Calls $20, 2 Folds , I call, fold, H/J calls $20, fold, Button Raises to $40, blinds fold, everyone else calls..FLOP QD,5H,JH UTG checks, I check, HJ checks, Button bets $20, UTG folds, I call, H/J calls TURN 9S I check, H/J checks, Buttoni bets $40, I raise....Anyoine lead the turn?

I probably c/r the flop and lead the turn if he doesn't 3-bet. I think I'd rather H/J just go away on this draw heavy flop, and we get a better idea of where we are in the hand based on what button does with our raise.If the above is horribly wrong, let me know quickly so I can edit/delete the post :)Jeff

in answer to the question, i still think you have better equity by CR'ing the turn, hopefully getting heads-up with the button, but at least forcing a flush draw or a dominated 10 to call two cold. i didn't do an equity calculation, but i'm assuming you're ahead of the button here.i'm more interested in the flop play. haven't read any books, but i assume checking a reasonably weak top pair on a draw heavy board in a multi-way pot is one of those clever things that works better than just betting it, if you're pretty sure a bet will come from late position. is this true?

Looks good. Checkraising the turn is definitely the way to go. To many bad cards can come on the turn to make a checkraise on the flop worthwhile as it puts you in a tougher spot on the turn. I'm assuming you're checkraising any non heart other then an A, K, J or 10.

Looks good. Checkraising the turn is definitely the way to go. To many bad cards can come on the turn to make a checkraise on the flop worthwhile
Huh?So we let the hijack see what will usually be a scare card for us rather than raise him out on the flop?You're right that there are lots of terrible cards for us on the turn but I think you're applying the logic incorrectly. This isn't a situation where we're trapping multiple opponents for a bet on the flop. In that case, we should definitely wait for the turn. In this case, UTG has already folded and we usually have the ability to isolate the button with a flop c/r.I also like leading the flop to see if button will raise and isolate for us.Jeff

I tend to think leading the flop leads to lots of hands that are behind me raisng, and lots of hands that are ahead of me raising, and lots of hands that have about even equity with me raising.I would have raised the flop if I thought I could blow H/J off just overs, but most overs have some sort of draw here anyway that they'll ussually call with and button could three bet a hand I'm in big trouple against like AQh. Then I'm almost commited to showdown a dominated hand with 2 outs.I think I'm in much better shape on the turn, obviously (except against KT or something qhacky I guess, but KT isn't folding this flop ever anyway).

any chance turn gets checked thru? in this game.I guess it's possible, but I probably bet AK or whatever there, don't you?
With that draw heavy board, yes, I'll bet AK on the turn against 2 opponents.Sometimes bet it on a ragged board when my Fold Equity exists and chance of a c/r is less (to the extent I can predict that)Sometimes check behind one opponent if he's a lag and would have either bluff raised the turn, and now he will always bet the river.Although, I wouldn't say Button bets AK. If we know they suck.ps: Were you tricking me? lol. you do bet AK here, right?

damn, i am rusty. i really like this hand though. i am interested to read more on this thread before i give my opinion.thanks for the post, smash!aseem