idiots deciding to race off all their money in rings

ok...... is it just me or is this a common trend now a days..... him moving back over the top knowing full well that i have to call based on my re-raise and he has to know its either beat or a race...... why do idiots move in when they know its going to be a race for such a big amount of chips? am i out of line for just being frustrated by this retarded trend.....?PokerStars Game #3440713394: Hold'em No Limit ($2/$4) - 2005/12/26 - 14:16:54 (ET)Table 'Lutetia II' Seat #6 is the buttonSeat 1: Bunky77 ($154.45 in chips) Seat 2: scaryronnie ($231.65 in chips) Seat 3: capotebone ($408.60 in chips) Seat 4: missneric ($234.55 in chips) Seat 6: Grisen ($148 in chips) Bunky77: posts small blind $2scaryronnie: posts big blind $4*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to scaryronnie [Ad Kh]kalamitsis leaves the tablecapotebone: folds missneric: folds Grisen: raises $16 to $20Bunky77: folds hallicup27 joins the table at seat #5 scaryronnie: raises $55 to $75Grisen: raises $73 to $148 and is all-inscaryronnie: calls $73*** FLOP *** [4s 5d Td]scaryronnie said, "AK"*** TURN *** [4s 5d Td] [2d]*** RIVER *** [4s 5d Td 2d] [Jc]*** SHOW DOWN ***scaryronnie: shows [Ad Kh] (high card Ace)Grisen: shows [Th Ts] (three of a kind, Tens)Grisen collected $296 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $298 | Rake $2 Board [4s 5d Td 2d Jc]Seat 1: Bunky77 (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 2: scaryronnie (big blind) showed [Ad Kh] and lost with high card AceSeat 3: capotebone folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: missneric folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: Grisen (button) showed [Th Ts] and won ($296) with three of a kind, Tens

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't want to be pot commited, you could just call his raise and see the flop. You put yourself in a position where you are putting $150 with a drawing hand.
I understand that... but don't you feel Ak is a strong enough hand to re-raise with there.... instead of playing the rest of the hand out of position
So you are mad because you lost? I love people who are so attached to AK preflop that they push and push and push.
No i just cant understand his re-push there.... it makes absolutly no sense to me......... i just am trying to figure out who made the worse play.... him re-pushing or me bumping to 75

And you don't think you overplayed AK? ha, what table will you be at today? I would take his hand against AK anytime. Maybe he had some read, and knew it was a race, he doesn't put you on a big pair. So he goes for it. If he thinks he knows it's a race, why not? AK is just a drawing hand till the after the flop, you committed too much with just 2 high cards and got stuck.IMO

No i just cant understand his re-push there.... it makes absolutly no sense to me......... i just am trying to figure out who made the worse play.... him re-pushing or me bumping to 7550/50???

AK sucks. Dont go all in PF with it, especially in cash game. The only time to go all in with AK pre flop is late in a tournament when you have to double up. A pair of 2s is a better hand than AK. AK sucks. stop overplaying it. Why do you want a coinflip anyway, your the one that raised him. You could have just called. By raising him your saying "Ok, lets race" and he was like ok, sure!

there are other times to push with a good hand PF. Like when a SUPER AGRESSIVE PLAYER raises 4x the BB every single hand, and you have A10 or AQ and you push all in for $30 more. Then again, since its online poker, he will conveniently have a monster (In this case JJ) when you have A10.

THe question if you made the right play by re raising should be based wholely on your opponent. Your opponent must a) raise on a plethera of hand, including aq, aj, a10 kq kj ect... he must b) when he raises with a marginal hand like this, call your re raise, rather than dump it. The thing with AK that must people don't get is you don't make money off the races, you make money off ace queen. So you don't want to scare ace queen off. If this guy makes alot of loose calls, then it's a fine re raise, 'cause it commits more chips to the pot, and makes it easy to get all of the rest of his chips in. .. If he fits theses prerequisites, then you really shouldn't care when he re pushes with jj qq 1010, because you're still in okay shape. But if he's a tight raiser to begin with (IE unlikly to raise with Ax, Kx) and falls inlove with the few hands he does raise wtih, then the re raise is rather poor. Does this make sense?

AK Doesn't suck, and there are PLENTY of reasons to go all in preflop with it.. here are some 1) Pot odds demand it 2) you are up against very aggressive all in pusher ( IE a fish) 3) you have a short stack. 4) your lone opponent has a short stack.

no need to go gunblazing big pots with AK in a cash game. donkeys can't get away from any type of hand. save that for AA & KK when you have the big edge. you are basically risking your whole stack to win 15 or go in as a 54-46% underdog. i don't care what anyone says but 54-46 is NOT A COINFLIP! smooth call and try to outplay him in a smallpot if you miss.

no need to go gunblazing big pots with AK in a cash game. donkeys can't get away from any type of hand. save that for AA & KK when you have the big edge. you are basically risking your whole stack to win 15 or go in as a 54-46% underdog. i don't care what anyone says but 54-46 is NOT A COINFLIP! smooth call and try to outplay him in a smallpot if you miss.
you're absolutely right about it not being a coin flip, and it's part of the reason "idiots push" cause 10 10 had an edge. How ever, He can't fold his hand once he makes that raise. The only question then becomes, should he have made that raise at all. And that can only be answered based on the play of your opponent.

Your preflop call with AK sucks.You do undersand that YOU are the idiot you speak of, right?He's not. Your call is so much worse than his play moving that it's shocking that you think it was a good call. You learn a lot more from this hand when he has AA.You're not here to learn though, right? You're here to complain about people outplaying you because you don't understand the game at all.good luck.AK Doesn't suck, and there are PLENTY of reasons to go all in preflop with it.There lots of reasons to MOVE all in with it. There really aren't many to CALL all in with it unless you're getting 3 to 1 or better on the call.

you're absolutely right about it not being a coin flip, and it's part of the reason "idiots push" cause 10 10 had an edge. How ever, He can't fold his hand once he makes that raise. The only question then becomes, should he have made that raise at all. And that can only be answered based on the play of your opponent.
Exactly- and to be honest I dont like that reraise. Occasionally I will race with A-K in a cash game, but it is so situational, and sometimes depends wholly on my mood- Do I want to do alot of preflop racing or do I want to outplay people? To say that the guy with the tens made a bad play is just wrong- especially if he knows what you will try to push him off of pairs with. I would LOVE to see the whole session and not just one hand, it would give me a better look at the whole story.
ok...... is it just me or is this a common trend now a days..... him moving back over the top knowing full well that i have to call based on my re-raise and he has to know its either beat or a race...... why do idiots move in when they know its going to be a race for such a big amount of chips? am i out of line for just being frustrated by this retarded trend.....?PokerStars Game #3440713394: Hold'em No Limit ($2/$4) - 2005/12/26 - 14:16:54 (ET)Table 'Lutetia II' Seat #6 is the buttonSeat 1: Bunky77 ($154.45 in chips) Seat 2: scaryronnie ($231.65 in chips) Seat 3: capotebone ($408.60 in chips) Seat 4: missneric ($234.55 in chips) Seat 6: Grisen ($148 in chips) Bunky77: posts small blind $2scaryronnie: posts big blind $4*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to scaryronnie [Ad Kh]kalamitsis leaves the tablecapotebone: folds missneric: folds Grisen: raises $16 to $20Bunky77: folds hallicup27 joins the table at seat #5 scaryronnie: raises $55 to $75Grisen: raises $73 to $148 and is all-inscaryronnie: calls $73*** FLOP *** [4s 5d Td]scaryronnie said, "AK"*** TURN *** [4s 5d Td] [2d]*** RIVER *** [4s 5d Td 2d] [Jc]*** SHOW DOWN ***scaryronnie: shows [Ad Kh] (high card Ace)Grisen: shows [Th Ts] (three of a kind, Tens)Grisen collected $296 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $298 | Rake $2 Board [4s 5d Td 2d Jc]Seat 1: Bunky77 (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 2: scaryronnie (big blind) showed [Ad Kh] and lost with high card AceSeat 3: capotebone folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: missneric folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: Grisen (button) showed [Th Ts] and won ($296) with three of a kind, Tens
How did someone so bad get $230? ysapky.I don't think a reraise was a good idea at all, really.
Your preflop call with AK sucks.You do undersand that YOU are the idiot you speak of, right?He's not. Your call is so much worse than his play moving that it's shocking that you think it was a good call. You learn a lot more from this hand when he has AA.You're not here to learn though, right? You're here to complain about people outplaying you because you don't understand the game at all.good luck.AK Doesn't suck, and there are PLENTY of reasons to go all in preflop with it.There lots of reasons to MOVE all in with it. There really aren't many to CALL all in with it unless you're getting 3 to 1 or better on the call.
Did you have any problem with the reasons I listed? If you fold AK to a manic's re raise, you're giving up alot. Maybe you don't see people falling inlove with AJ and pushing with it like it's the nuts in the games you play in smash, but it does happen at lower limits, and you have to be aware of the players that do it.
Missed the fact that it's a 2-4 game and making a play preflop to force someone off of a high pair is pointless.
Exactly- and to be honest I dont like that reraise. Occasionally I will race with A-K in a cash game, but it is so situational, and sometimes depends wholly on my mood- Do I want to do alot of preflop racing or do I want to outplay people? To say that the guy with the tens made a bad play is just wrong- especially if he knows what you will try to push him off of pairs with. I would LOVE to see the whole session and not just one hand, it would give me a better look at the whole story.
How very age of aquarious of you..