about the ungar thread.

I didn't see it was titled Daniel Killed Ungar. I just think it is a topic we could have had an intelligent conversation about. The morals of poker, or beating someone out their last money. Also why do you want to know my "real name?" My screen names on www.bayoupoker.com is MrJones0, on Pokerstars, its FloydTheWall, party its Mr Light. If I saw the title was Negreanu killed Ungar, i would think it was a ridiculous post too. Of course his post was a little moronically said but the central idea was there I guess.And why I support Dreamclown? Simple, i played a lot of poker with the guy, i think hes funny in the chat and a great player.

Mr. Jones, you and me should play poker sometime on pokerstars. That way we could have 2 of the best albums of all time represented at 1 table. My name on stars is wshuwerhere. I dont play high stakes though. Im a small timer.

Hah, definately. WYWH is one of my favorites too. My real favorite floyd album is Dark Side, then probably Meddle, then WYWH. I like the wall too obviously, well hell, they are all amazing. I do play 30/60 there sometimes, but I wouldn't mind messin around in some lower stakes games. PM me sometime if you want to play.

To your OP, a player cannot be blamed for taking the last of a persons money...it is bad bankroll management to not play down in limits when your bankroll is down...I dont know about the certain agreement made between Stu and whomever loaned him the money,but I'm sure they would have wanted him to play however he had the best chance of success, and that is with good bankroll management...maybe he was caught up in his own hype and throught he was invincible, but Daniel cannot be blamed, nor should he feel guilty, if you put money on the table at anytime, you should be prepared to lose it, the goal of the game is to be the one to win the most chips, that's how you keep score and that's what daniel did....

Poker is not a game of morals. Never has been, never will be.

The unhappy truth is that Stuey was dead inside before his last comebacks. Money wasn't going to turn his life around; it only provided him with temptation. No one really seemed to know who Stuey was beyond the poker table-he had the perfect personality to become a monster winner, but it didn't provide him any true friends to share it with. His is a cautionary tale for all the big winners today.

bigcoled I totally agree with you there. The agreement with the backer wasn't for stuey to play in his bank roll. Stuey had made this backer a lot of money in the past. The agreement was for stuey to sit in that $25k NL game. Stuey just went to go play that NL game, backed. Stuey was the fish there because he was so careless anyways.To say poker is not a game of morals is probably true. I guess that's why I find it ironic that Daniel could complain that DC asked him to reload. if poker is not morals, then DC should not feel obligated to reload... Simple as that. But to excuse poker as an immoral game is a shortcut and denial. There are moral implications in life in general. I play poker professionally, online. If I talk about it to people they ask do you feel bad to take other players money? I say no, not really. I guess, it's their choice to sit down and play with me. Plus they are trying to take my money as well, so I can't feel bad. Ah, it's such a conundrum to me. It's fascinating...

Anybody who thinks the people that took Stu Ungar's last money are bad people, don't really know much about Stu Ungar. The guy won millions of dollars in his lifetime, but (especially in the last 10 years of his life) hardly ever actually had any money in his posession. He was constantly being backed for pretty much every tournament he entered, and every cash game he played. So people taking his money in the $25,000 NL game weren't taking his money, they were taking the money of the guy who took a chance by staking Ungar. Ungar being playing in that NL with someone else's money was just common place...not some last desperate attempt to turn around his life.

I read that the last money he had he saved out of the bank roll and used it for crack so I think he was very well and just to high at the time. He mixed the pain killer with the crack that did him in, His life was great if you ask me; why should everyone be an industrial product? Have you been responsible today and did what the owners, and bosses wanted. That is why gambling and drugs are not allowed not because of charity or care, someone like him was considered no good because he didn't serve, like they say at the FCP site show proof of identity and utility bills etc. in other words if you aren't a cog in the world order don't come here. But I put poker as moral game it has rules but not to many it is very hard to cheat at, anyone can rise to the top, and as for gambling you have what ends up a very demanding and learned game. The taking money doesn't matter because poker players are can handle the other problemes in life better. Having won a WSOP title makes life in a back alley alot easier, and winning and lossing millions makes any loss or gain small, But good friends that are also opp. in a high stakes game is rare that is all business because the edge is to small to make alot.

...image...I found this in the archives. I added the text for humorous reasons, but the picture itself is real. Honest!(sw)
Wow i havent seen a high quality color pic of stuey, can you tell me where you got it or post the full pic. thxs
http://images.google.com/images?q=stu+unga...G=Search+ImagesIt's on the first page.

Yea DN will end up like a vietnam vet too, maybe having to quit for family reasons. DN will go like a blue blooded sargent shot by his own men, mutiny is still the bravest report for any US soldier. Poker is no Hanoi but Vegas is.

The Australian Pink Floyd Show is great. Those guys are good. I saw them in upstate New York. And Mr. Jones, I will PM you sometime. Maybe I can learn something from you. I would like to have someone to watch play that has more skill then me. I am probably the best player out of my group of friends, and that can get pretty tiresome when I am trying to improve my game. I used to play with a group of guys at the Taj who were loads better then me, but I then ran into money troubles and I couldnt go everyday like I was. It was great to sit at a 1/2 nl table with these guys. I learned so much and had alot of fun too. They really knew how to keep everyone at the table happy.