live small mtt unique rebuy strategy.

Live 3-table NLHE tourney. $50 buy-in for 2000 chips. One $25 rebuy/add-on allowed in first hour for half-stack (1000 chips) ONLY if you are below starting chip count.Thoughts? Worth adding on as soon as you drop below 2000, i.e., if you fold your BB on the first hand, would you immediately up your stack to 3000? Other ideas?THanks.

I wouldnt. I play in rebuys a lot and only rebuy if I need to. Rebuy if not needed is -EV in my opinion. I only look at rebuys as a second life if I were to get busted by some drawing donk.. :club:

I play rebuys regularly, and it has always been my practice to rebuy/add on as soon as I can. The reason? Quite simply, I want every advantage I can get. If you have others at the table who have added chips and you hit a monster hand, you want that to pay off. IMO it is better to double up with 3k in chips than 1500.I also think it gives you manuevering room early, when the blinds are low. It allows you freedom to see flops with marginal hands without hurting yourself significantly if it doesn't hit.Personally, I can see no good reason not to rebuy unless you are playing out of your roll. In that case you shouldn't be playing in the first place.

I play rebuys regularly, and it has always been my practice to rebuy/add on as soon as I can. The reason? Quite simply, I want every advantage I can get. If you have others at the table who have added chips and you hit a monster hand, you want that to pay off. IMO it is better to double up with 3k in chips than 1500.I also think it gives you manuevering room early, when the blinds are low. It allows you freedom to see flops with marginal hands without hurting yourself significantly if it doesn't hit.Personally, I can see no good reason not to rebuy unless you are playing out of your roll. In that case you shouldn't be playing in the first place.
Now I can agree with this argument if you are way below the avg. For your argument to be valid, everyone else would have to have more chips than you. First hand of pot that is not going to be the case. You can only possibly multiply your chips by the amount of chips that the table leader has. I do like to stay at least average or better, but if I get lucky and run good early, I never rebuy. Everything is relative to me, no real simple yes or no...

TJ's prediction for next year:Whoever wins Tennessee/Florida will win the SEC East.TJ likes:#1 Florida#2 Tennessee#3 South Carolina#4 Georgia#5 Vanderbilt#6 Kentucky.We're about to have a couple haaaaaaaard seasons ahead of us... and everyone else has nowhere to go but WAY up.

Even if everyone else doesn't rebuy its a certainty stack sizes will go up, you should be prepared to have them covered the best you can. Rebuy at the start always. This is comparable to sitting at a nl table with out the maximum buyin, if your a good player its simply too likelly you will miss an opratunity to gain chips.