i thought daniel played well on the rerun last night

at the Borgata. Hadn't seen the entire thing.I also thought Arieh played well, made some good calls and some good laydowns. Of course, I didn't see how he went out, so he may have had one bad play.Daniel needs to get back to playing that kind of poker.

at the Borgata. Hadn't seen the entire thing.I also thought Arieh played well, made some good calls and some good laydowns. Of course, I didn't see how he went out, so he may have had one bad play.Daniel needs to get back to playing that kind of poker.
I thought he played about the same as he did the first time.

I sitll like the Queen of Diamonds he showed Arieh when he had QQ and Josh had 55.Great stuff.

I tell you, the more I watch the WPT, the more I can't stand the commentary. I get tired of them saying what the player is thinking when its completely obvious thats not what they're thinking. Like when they say "he's gonna gamble with it" when the person probably thinks they have the best hand, etcalmost makes you glad lon mcheren and normon chad are complete morons

almost makes you glad lon mcheren and normon chad are complete morons
I don't think they're morons. I think their light hearted humerous commentary on the WSOP has had some to do with the level of poker interest increasing.Could you imagine if it would have been Mike "I've got a pole up my ass" Sexton and Vince "What's a color man?" Van Patton calling the WSOP for the past few years...Hell, the WSOP may have moved to Burger King, instead of the Rio. I'm just saying...the WPT has mindless dribble, may as well just push the mute button...At least the WSOP callings show some good humor (And I like things to be funny).And by the way....Merry Christmas.Shake, just re-read your post...I think I'm probably agreeing with you, except for the moron comment.

hey its cool, maybe morons was a bit harsh, I just like that they don't get into analysis too much since they know that they don't know muchand normon chad annoys me

Honestly I thought Daniel got carved up by Williams HU. Williams' only big mistake HU was committing all his chips with TP and no kicker. The QQ hand was a poor play by Daniel IMO, he had no reason to commit 1/4 of his stack with A2.

You haev to remember the commentary is geared towards the general public, and not towards ...well....us.
yeah I realize that... as a matter of fact, I just remembered that while watching last night, I thought to myself that their commentary has probably contributed to at least 30% of the donkeyish play in poker in general, so maybe I shouldn't complain at all
You haev to remember the commentary is geared towards the general public, and not towards ...well....us.
Good point, but even the general public gets tired of hearing "wired" pair and other dumb lingo for the 1 brazillionth time.
Good point, but even the general public gets tired of hearing "wired" pair and other dumb lingo for the 1 brazillionth time.
What is even worse is when they feel the need to pop up the little definition of the ignorant terms that they are using...sometimes twice or thrice in the same episode.

the most annoying thing about it all is Mike Sexton has a stupid name for every godd.amn pocket hand... oh, he has the speed limit (55), the magnum(44) or a good buddy (10/4)... is there another idiot on this planet that actually says that shit?

The showing Josh 1 card was outstanding. The look on Josh's face was priceless. Totally threw Josh off his game.
The other one wast he 10 of diamonds! I bet Daniel was just lovin watching Josh at this point.
Honestly I thought Daniel got carved up by Williams HU. Williams' only big mistake HU was committing all his chips with TP and no kicker. The QQ hand was a poor play by Daniel IMO, he had no reason to commit 1/4 of his stack with A2.
Nah........I agree that Williams was running over him. But he was playing every pot very aggressively. It seemed like Daniel decided to slow down at the right time. I really dont think his Ace high move was that bad. He had seen DW raise with mediocre hands and decided to call with an Ace high. He got lucky.

Im not sure what every one is hoping for, but the commentary on the other show's is far worse then the WSOP's or WPT's. The other shows are just plain boring, atleast there is a hint of humor w/ Sexon-vanpatten and chad-Lorne M.Im not sure there will ever be a poker series w/ great commentary, as there are only so many things u can say to describe a bad beat, good bluff or big lay down.

Yea i was just gonna post something about this. I noticed something that i didn't catch the first time which was when DN and David Williams were HU and David said "nice slowroll." I never caught that the first time around. I love DN but i think that was absolutely uncalled for. Slowrolling somebody is a big slap in the face to them and Daniel talks about what Dreamclown did showed a lot of disrespect to Daniel well i think Daniel slowrolling David was disrespectful. I know he did it in jest and didn't mean to rub it in but still it was the wrong thing to do.

Im not sure what every one is hoping for, but the commentary on the other show's is far worse then the WSOP's or WPT's. The other shows are just plain boring, atleast there is a hint of humor w/ Sexon-vanpatten and chad-Lorne M.Im not sure there will ever be a poker series w/ great commentary, as there are only so many things u can say to describe a bad beat, good bluff or big lay down.
the absolute best poker commentators are the pros themselves. I love it when they get daniel or helmuth to commentate. They make the best comments about plays and what not. I think Howard Lederer would be better on FSN if they would turn the damn volume up so you could hear him above the table talk

Honestly David outplayed Daniel in the headsup section. The only hand that was really misplayed by David was the Q7 hand, other than that Daniel just held much superior cards and it showed.Daniel was very lucky to win Borgata, and I think he has said as much.