So, I have my weekly pub poker tonight. I am seriously considering playing it smash NL style. Anyone think this is feasible? I think, at the very worst, it will allow me to drink a lot more and pay attention a lot less....Ray

unless you suck at poker, dont play smash style NL
I just think it would be funny. It's pub poker, its not like I win anything worth while.My last fun plan was to bring Advanced Hold Em with me, look at my first hand, open up the book, then look up with a straight face and say "Is this a loose or tight table?"Hey, I thought it was funny.Ray

haha, thats actually pretty funny.live smash NL -- make sure you have a lot available to drink, bring a gameboy or something, have some girl give you a lap dance because you are going to be VERY bored

Crazee8's:AA and KK all in preflop. All other pocket pairs limp. If you hit a set, go all in.Ax suited, limp. Try to draw as cheaply as possible to nut flush. If you hit, go all in.Fold everything else.Chief:I will be at a bar, so I have plenty of drinks, no worries there. They have 20 tv's or so, so I can be suitably entertained. I do not have a girl giving me lap dances, but I will accept volunteers at this time.Ray

Blinds will likely go up too quickly to make this worthwhile.I'd ammend it to, All in preflop with JJ-AA. Limp with two paint cards, hoping to hit a high flush. Hmm.That's about it.
That's a very good point. Blinds shoot up like mad in these things. But by that logic should I change that to "limp with ax, kx, qs, or jx suited" because its not like the smash style is looking to hit top pair good kicker or anything...Ray
Blinds will likely go up too quickly to make this worthwhile.I'd ammend it to, All in preflop with JJ-AA. Limp with two paint cards, hoping to hit a high flush. Hmm.That's about it.
That's a very good point. Blinds shoot up like mad in these things. But by that logic should I change that to "limp with ax, kx, qs, or jx suited" because its not like the smash style is looking to hit top pair good kicker or anything...Ray
Eh, no.KQ, KJ, QJ..they're still decent TP hands. And if you hit two pair you've very likely got the best hand. K10s would be okay.
Eh, no.KQ, KJ, QJ..they're still decent TP hands. And if you hit two pair you've very likely got the best hand. K10s would be okay.
Yeah but smash style doesn't give a flying fark if I hit top pair or even two pair. Its set, nut flush, or throw them in the trash. If I have to start thinking about value betting, it's going to seriously cut into my drinking time. :)Ray
Yeah but smash style doesn't give a flying fark if I hit top pair or even two pair. Its set, but flush, or throw them in the trash. If I have to start thinking about value betting, it's going to seriously cut into my drinking time. :)Ray
Then, just push every time you hit top pair or better.