4-colour deck, yes or no?

I use the 4-color deck when I'm multi-tabling on Party. It helps me keep up a little better.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd be willing to bet in the next 10-30 years the four color poker decks will be the mainstream for live games.      bet stipulation:i must be alive to pay out.   i dunnnno if i can make it, this here bird flu been gettin in my teeph lately.  barring any stops to the appalachian emergency room, i should be able to pay off.bet max:3 dollars
I'll take that bet loser.I'll be PMing you in 2035 for my $3
It should have been 4 colour decks from the start!Multi-tabling it's a must, anyone who says they haven't misread the board and folded/paid off a flush is lying.
... or is competent

I switched to a 4 color deck about a month or so ago. I play a lot of Omaha hi/lo and Stud hi/lo.I went with the 4 color to help with memorizing other players discarded cards with Stud. If I am working on a flush draw, I can easily look and see how many blues, greens, reds or blacks are showing and I do not have to worry about suit. This works very well if the table is fast or if I am on two tables.

It's just another tool to help you, why not use it?I know I've accidentally seen a diamond as a heart before, so after that I turned the 4 color deck on, and I use it all the time now. If a site doesn't offer it, I don't spend much time there.

I'm sure the 4 color deck has saved me a bet at one time or another at a site with smaller cards(bodog, prima). I'm at hollywood now, so the card size is sufficient. No reason not to use it IMO. Your eyes can play tricks on you after 8 hours staring at a screen with multiple tables.

I'm shocked that over 50% of people use 4-color decks.I had no idea that it was so popular.I'm so used to red and black that it seems weird otherwise. Guess I'm getting old or something at 29.

I think the idea is something I may have to try now. I have never but if it helps for multi'ing then why not?

I ate a huge bag of shrooms once and the deck became six colored. I;ve stuck to the black and white ever since.
You have a black and white deck? sweet.I hate the 4 color decks...although now that someone metioned it...it might have helped last night when I was multitabling and I capped a flop and then later realized that there were 3 hearts out there. Doh!
Kick it old school. Stick to two colors. I don't understand why this four color deck idea has any traction. If you can't figure out that 3 spades are on the board instead of 2 spades and a club, you've got much bigger problems.
I think the idea is that if your twenty tabling it makes it much easier
Kick it old school. Stick to two colors. I don't understand why this four color deck idea has any traction. If you can't figure out that 3 spades are on the board instead of 2 spades and a club, you've got much bigger problems.
I think the idea is that if your twenty tabling it makes it much easier

I'm acctually surprised that more people don't use it.I started doing it just to see what it was like, and I don't even notice any more. I don't even this about it being 4 colors... I still look at the shapes.

I tried it a long time ago, and hated it. About 8 months ago, I miss-read a flush, and lost a huge pot that I thought I had won while multi-tabling. After going through the hand history to see WTF happened, I decided to try 4-colour again. It was VERY disorienting for a while. After a few hours, it felt 100% natural. It felt weird for the first 10 mins of every session for about 10 sessions. After that, I completely forgot I was using it. I have never mis-read a flush since. If you try it, commit to playing 5 or more hours with it before forming an opinion. I think just about everyone who plays a lot online will end up loving it.