4-colour deck, yes or no?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess it's cool for on-line play but, getting use to it hurts your brick and mortar game. IMHO

Kick it old school. Stick to two colors. I don't understand why this four color deck idea has any traction. If you can't figure out that 3 spades are on the board instead of 2 spades and a club, you've got much bigger problems.

I would assume the people that voted no are Holdem players. It's much easier when multi tabelling stud games to have this option. Saves alot of time. I agree w/ the reajusting problem when going back to live though.. oh well.

In america we use 4 COLORS.But really I'm confused as to what you're asking, what is colour?:lol:But no seriously, colors are good.
die
Without background info this seems awfully hostile, lol. :club:
In america we use 4 COLORS.But really I'm confused as to what you're asking, what is colour?:lol:But no seriously, colors are good.
die
Without background info this seems awfully hostile, lol. :club:
indeedbackgroud: kurt is a dickdie:P
If you can't figure out that 3 spades are on the board instead of 2 spades and a club, you've got much bigger problems.

i'd be willing to bet in the next 10-30 years the four color poker decks will be the mainstream for live games. bet stipulation:i must be alive to pay out. i dunnnno if i can make it, this here bird flu been gettin in my teeph lately. barring any stops to the appalachian emergency room, i should be able to pay off.bet max:3 dollars

Kick it old school. Stick to two colors. I don't understand why this four color deck idea has any traction. If you can't figure out that 3 spades are on the board instead of 2 spades and a club, you've got much bigger problems.
Somebody break out the one-color deck for this rebel.

I've played online for about a year, but since I played B&M before that, I never selected the 4 color deck option. I am just trying it now, and at first it's kind of annoying, but I'll give it a fair trial. I can, however, understand how it would be helpful multi-tabling, especially in stud.

I really don't think it hurts at the B&M..come on.  I've never had a problem distinguishing between spades and clubs and diamonds and hearts live.
i bet for people doing long sessions at the table the four color deck may be more usefull.
I really don't think it hurts at the B&M..come on.  I've never had a problem distinguishing between spades and clubs and diamonds and hearts live.
i bet for people doing long sessions at the table the four color deck may be more usefull.
I was saying that using them online doesn't hurt when you switch to live play. You don't become confused.Actually, they'd be more useful at the B&M than they would online. Live, if you're sitting on one of the ends of the table, like, the 3 seat/4 seat or the 7/8 seat, it can be difficult to see the cards well if you're not say, wearing your contacts.That, and, after I've put in a 25 hour session and am starting to fall asleep at the table, it'd make things a bit easier.