FCPHA: Big Table in the Back

help a newbie out. what set would have been higher?
Technically, you had trips. A set is with a pair in your hand. Trips is a pair on the board. Semantics.
  • Replies 347.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

A set = You have 66. Flop is J-6-3.Trips = You have J-9. Flop is J-J-3.D U C Y?
Thanks, I didn't know that.BTW Who fuckin' cares?
help a newbie out. what set would have been higher?
There was no 'set' on that board; you both had trips. A set involves a concealed pocket pair. There's a very big difference. One is, again, concealed, and much stronger, and much less vulnerable. For instance, you were drawing slim against 33, J3, JT, QJ, KJ, AJ..You're also much less likely to chop when you have a set. For instance, if a 5 or another 3 had come on the river, you'd have split. You will rarely, if ever, split with a set, unless a five card straight or flush comes on the board.If you had JJ on a J33 board, that would be top set, and much less vulnerable. It's kind of a nit-picky, poker-grammar thing, but, in reality, it's about the same as calling someone who's 'mixed race' black.
There was no 'set' on that board; you both had trips. A set involves a concealed pocket pair. There's a very big difference. One is, again, concealed, and much stronger, and much less vulnerable. For instance, you were drawing slim against 33, J3, JT, QJ, KJ, AJ..You're also much less likely to chop when you have a set. For instance, if a 5 or another 3 had come on the river, you'd have split. You will rarely, if ever, split with a set, unless a five card straight or flush comes on the board.If you had JJ on a J33 board, that would be top set, and much less vulnerable.It's kind of a nit-picky, poker-grammar thing, but, in reality, it's about the same as calling someone who's 'mixed race' black.
If we're being nit-picky, this would actually be top boat, not top set.Again, semantics.
Hey All! Look what I just did... Travel Confirmation Thank you for booking your trip with hotels.com. Yeah... I will be there. I will be in Vegas from the 19th to the 24th. I am staying at Binions. Thank Alan (or curse him). He texted message me today to call him. He did not know that I had cancelled my plans on going. But then I heard his voice and I thought of the fun and I said... what the hey... I am going to Vegas!
Woo HOOOOOOO!!!!
I'm glad you changed your mind. Although we heard it took you a while to know who was calling.
Yeah... I was going through my head trying to think who I knew named Alan that lived out of state. I am pretty ditzy at times.
no fun when someone's being a total ass and talking down to you and stuff , is it...
I like when our eloquent news editor says "and stuff." wonder if his response to his will be "blow me"
no fun when someone's being a total ass and talking down to you and stuff, is it...
Pot? Kettle?I find it completely fucking amusing, that you, of all people, would accuse me of such, Mr. Editor. I even admitted at the end of the original post that it was 'a nit-picky, poker-grammar thing'. Apparently being an editor doesn't allow you to search for tone in a post, eh?Sorry, Jeff; you're right, I was way out of line.
Hey All! Look what I just did...
oh yaaVegas keeps getting better and better!
Okay what was meant to be a joke earlier may have come off alot more mean spirited than I had intended.I would like to offer an apology to Jeff, John and Alan for an offense they may have taken.
What a fucking pussy.
Hey All! Look what I just did... Travel Confirmation Thank you for booking your trip with hotels.com. Yeah... I will be there. I will be in Vegas from the 19th to the 24th. I am staying at Binions. Thank Alan (or curse him). He texted message me today to call him. He did not know that I had cancelled my plans on going. But then I heard his voice and I thought of the fun and I said... what the hey... I am going to Vegas!
I'm very glad your going!!!!!!!!!! I had the pleasure of getting 3 phone calls from Theresa today. She knew who I was right off the bat the 2nd and 3rd times! Cant wait to meet you girl! We are going to have a blast!

So everyones going to all the dinners!Tim is still on the fence for the trip all together.Dave is out Friday for cocktailsJohn and Ben are going to let me know about Saturday night ASAPI'm still working with Allie.Outside of that we have 100% attendance!This is going to be awesome!

So everyones going to all the dinners!Tim is still on the fence for the trip all together.Dave is out Friday for cocktailsJohn and Ben are going to let me know about Saturday night ASAPI'm still working with Allie.Outside of that we have 100% attendance!This is going to be awesome!
Except for the people who aren't?
Except for the people who aren't?
exactly. outside of the people mentioned we have 100%. Would be way to difficult to figure what the real percentage is :club:
sorry I'm not folding top set in a .02/.05 game
I would hope you wouldn't fold trip jacks against my full house. I just don't want you to river me!!!!
Woohoo! This is good news.
Pot? Kettle?I find it completely fucking amusing, that you, of all people, would accuse me of such, Mr. Editor. I even admitted at the end of the original post that it was 'a nit-picky, poker-grammar thing'. Apparently being an editor doesn't allow you to search for tone in a post, eh?Sorry, Jeff; you're right, I was way out of line.
you know that kid in elementary school...was a bit of a bully and always picking on other's mistakes, sometimes coming off arrogant and condescending? But when you caught him on something he'd get real defensive and mean about it?I bet you were him.
??????Was gonna see what you and Shaver were doing Friday night?
no plans, did u have something in mind?
Stan is in training to be "The Norm 2". I liked it and I hate all bourbon and whiskey. I tried Johnny Walker Blue in AC. Some old Chinese guy playing NL with me gave me a sip. I don't like expensive whiskey, either, apparently. He was flirting with me. He was rich, I think. He was also killing the game. His rows of five dollar chips were like the great wall of china. I told him if his stack ran into mine, I was using it to bet my hands. He said if it touched mine, I could have it. I hated to see him go.Yeah, what's up with that crap? They really need to rectify that situation.
Can I nominate myself as the female Norm? Has anyone applied to this and i just don't remember??
I think I may have taken my diet pill twice. I'm not sure. I'm supposed to take it at 2pm. At 3pm I couldn't remember if I had taken it or not. So, I figured if I didn't remember it, I probably didn't and I took it. Now I feel really really speedy.I had to backspace 7 times to get this message right. Oops, make that 9 times.
my diet pill messes me up really bad. i swear i feel like i'm on coke all day....
i'm an editor...you should see some of the crap i read.The book is meant to be a textbook...you want anecdotes, get Hellmuth's. You want to know how to play overcards on a rainbow flop, get sshe.i could eat a peach all day.
peaches???hello everyone :club: