• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

I'm not lobbying for it at all. I'm the pinnacle of cocky.He's not beyond arrogant at all. He has some arrogance in him, but in the same position, I don't think any of you can truthfully say you wouldn't be the same way or worse. I'm not about to crucify someone for doing what I'd be doing. He knows he's better than most people and he's not afraid to tell them that.
The debate is in how you chose to do it. People are debating cockiness and confidence, when the real issue is cockiness vs. arrogance. You can be cocky, and not be a dick about it. When you want to be, you're both dicks about it, but you don't see the difference. Meh, you've humbled a lot since you started losing.
I think what most of us who have been through some of life's hard knocks are commenting on is the fact that that bolded statement, while fun and cool and all that good stuff, really doesn't serve you well in the long run in this game of life.It's the voice of experience trying to enlighten the voice of youth. A futile endeavor and yet we still feel the need to do it.
Well said Renae!
I think what most of us who have been through some of life's hard knocks are commenting on is the fact that that bolded statement, while fun and cool and all that good stuff, really doesn't serve you well in the long run in this game of life.It's the voice of experience trying to enlighten the voice of youth. A futile endeavor and yet we still feel the need to do it.
not necessarily futile. Just bring them back down to earth the navy way!And if Custom comes to vegas, i will offer my services! :club: And if it's not vegas, i wish i could know when it happens, The cold hand of reality smacking the reality into you, i'd pay money to see it! much love custom! :D
Are you telling me that you want him to act humble to make you feel better about yourself? Flip positions. Would you do that to make him feel better about himself?Maybe you have to be a brash, cocky teenager to think like we do. I've been through really hard times, too, granted not as long as you guys (I'm not that old yet 8)) and I don't really see as much of a problem with what he's doing.
And if it's not vegas, i wish i could know when it happens, The cold hand of reality smacking the reality into you, i'd pay money to see it!
This is called the FCPHA Madison Detour.
I'm not lobbying for it at all. I'm the pinnacle of cocky.He's not beyond arrogant at all. He has some arrogance in him, but in the same position, I don't think any of you can truthfully say you wouldn't be the same way or worse. I'm not about to crucify someone for doing what I'd be doing. He knows he's better than most people and he's not afraid to tell them that.
I think at 17 it's really a little too early to be able know that. There's a long road ahead.
I feel that I can safely say that if I was in his position, that I wouldn't be proclaiming myself as the next kid poker and what not. I've always been a sponge when it comes to those that are better then me and those that I respect on stuff like this. As far as my normal life arrogance, in general it just comes across that way sometimes because I am also highly sarcastic, but I also know that I can be a massive prick. THe difference is that I am fully aware of myself
I have told him a few times. When he was running white hot, I told him to chill a bit and sit at a limit and work on his game. He told me that he was pretty sure he was going to beat the game a little less then he was, and I told him that that was not going to happen at all. Then when he was going through the downswing he was complaining about it like it didn't happen to anyone else, and I told him that wasn't the case and told him that he should just turn off the comp and play a bunch of tennis and video games for the next week, to which he didn't listen to me. One can only say so much, and its almost not worth trying when your advice isn't being takensup dave. hows things goin
the poker gods have a way of humbling people when they need it
Meh, you've humbled a lot since you started losing.
No, I just kinda gave up on the thought of me winning. It's probably for the best right now, though. Dave and I had a short talk about this last night.
found my smokes, call off the search.
Oh thank God.
not necessarily futile. Just bring them back down to earth the navy way!And if Custom comes to vegas, i will offer my services! :club: And if it's not vegas, i wish i could know when it happens, The cold hand of reality smacking the reality into you, i'd pay money to see it! much love custom! :D
Are you saying you're going to slap me?It's not looking good that I'll come to Vegas. I'm getting really low on cash.
Are you telling me that you want him to act humble to make you feel better about yourself? Flip positions. Would you do that to make him feel better about himself?Maybe you have to be a brash, cocky teenager to think like we do. I've been through really hard times, too, granted not as long as you guys (I'm not that old yet 8)) and I don't really see as much of a problem with what he's doing.
It has absolutely nothing to do with how I feel about myself. How I feel about myself is not in anyway even remotely tied to how you or Zim think about yourselves. Hell, how I feel about myself isn't even tied to how you or Zim feel about me much less how you feel about yourselves. That's just a silly statement.You think I was born 35? I know it's hard to believe but I was a cocky, brash teenager once too. I'm pretty sure someone tried to tell me about conducting myself with humility and dignity too. I wish I'd listened.Of course you don't see a problem with it. Bookmark this and let's talk about it in 15 years.
And just booked the Vegas flight.In @ 10:30 PM on Thursday, July 20.Out @ 11:30 PM on Sunday, July 23.
Sweet!! :club::D
Agree, but I do think it gets lost sometimes.HEY you owe me $5! :D:D
I'm sure I will lose it back in the next lesson :)
It has absolutely nothing to do with how I feel about myself. How I feel about myself is not in anyway even remotely tied to how you or Zim think about yourselves. Hell, how I feel about myself isn't even tied to how you or Zim feel about me much less how you feel about yourselves. That's just a silly statement.You think I was born 35? I know it's hard to believe but I was a cocky, brash teenager once too. I'm pretty sure someone tried to tell me about conducting myself with humility and dignity too. I wish I'd listened.Of course you don't see a problem with it. Bookmark this and let's talk about it in 15 years.
QFTETTKWC
I feel that I can safely say that if I was in his position, that I wouldn't be proclaiming myself as the next kid poker and what not. I've always been a sponge when it comes to those that are better then me and those that I respect on stuff like this. As far as my normal life arrogance, in general it just comes across that way sometimes because I am also highly sarcastic, but I also know that I can be a massive prick. THe difference is that I am fully aware of myself
Calling himself the next kidpoker is a joke. And yes, you can be a prick. :club:
the poker gods have a way of humbling people when they need it
Can you tell them to stop humbling me?
You just said that it bothers you that he talks like that because you've been through hard times. Sounds to me like you don't like it because you want to feel better about yourself and you're taking it personally when he tells someone that he's better than that he's better than them.This is going nowhere fast, isn't it?
You just said that it bothers you that he talks like that because you've been through hard times. Sounds to me like you don't like it because you want to feel better about yourself and you're taking it personally when he tells someone that he's better than that he's better than them.This is going nowhere fast, isn't it?
It is. So perhaps you should explain where you're getting your perceptions on how I want to feel better about myself from what I said. And for your ease and convenience, what I said is quoted below:
In response to how they plan on enforcing the law in WA. When Congress first began considering a law for the entire country a few years back I thought I read something about them being able to or planning on eventually being able to block al IP addresses from a designated are from accessing the sites. I may have this wrong as I am not an uber tech guy. Would it even be possible? If not presently in the future sometome?Maybe some of the tech experts could elaborate on this. I only skimmed the article so I'm sure I've left some important details out.
I think it's likely that they'll lean on the local ISPs to enforce it, if they choose to enforce it. Everyone who tries will find some proxy to subvert it.
I think all of us that aren't teenagers were at one point. If you are good at something you don't have to tell people, they will know when they see you play.