• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

Yep. We met ten years ago. I was instaneously in love. Next month we have our 8th wedding anniversary. The four years with my first husband seemed like an eternity. The last 8 years have gone by in a blink. While he sometimes drives me insane and vice versa, I can't imagine not being his wife. If for some reason he has to leave this world before I do, I may sever my ringfinger and cremate it with him. I won't be a wife to anyone else.
Wow. I wonder if I will ever feel that way about someone. That is really cool Kristen.
Yep. We met ten years ago. I was instaneously in love. Next month we have our 8th wedding anniversary. The four years with my first husband seemed like an eternity. The last 8 years have gone by in a blink. While he sometimes drives me insane and vice versa, I can't imagine not being his wife. If for some reason he has to leave this world before I do, I may sever my ringfinger and cremate it with him. I won't be a wife to anyone else.
that's deep... vn
That is beautiful and mildly creepy. I love you Kristen.
Wow. I wonder if I will ever feel that way about someone. That is really cool Kristen.
I never thought I would until I laid eyes on him. I was so jaded when we met, yet I melted before he even said hello. It sounds so corny, but it's totally true. I mean who believes in love at first sight? It's a ridiculous concept, yet it happened to me.
well yeah and no simply because of consequence. They put it on themselves a lot and in a way it has to be self-motivated. The drug and alcohol abuse aside; they were emotional sponges that seriously fed off drama. Neal sleeping with Ginsberg who was in love with both him, Orlovsky, and Burroughs (the entire William Tell episode with his wife)...(honestly, the more I go into it, the more I suspect Ginsberg to be the main example of my point and not Kerouac but anyway...). They all self destructed in their own vices, which could easily have been their contentments - what vice isn't?
Fair enough, but, outside of Ginsberg, I'm not sure that they all used the drugs and escapism as such a crutch. Sure, they all got all kinds of fucked up, but, to me, a lot of them were pursuing some kind of enlightenment--especially with the introduction of Zen and Buddhist thought--while getting all fucked up, whereas Ginsberg, was, just trying to get ****ed up. At least, that's the way I've taken it.
that's deep... vn
Who knew I could get all deep, eh?
That is beautiful and mildly creepy. I love you Kristen.
It is creepy. Thank you baby! I hope you find someone you would do something creepy for.
I never thought I would until I laid eyes on him. I was so jaded when we met, yet I melted before he even said hello. It sounds so corny, but it's totally true. I mean who believes in love at first sight? It's a ridiculous concept, yet it happened to me.
That is really great.. Never happened to me.. Doubt it ever will.. Chris is the closest thing to it though :club:
Crazy coincidence. I was just reading through a part of the first thread that talks about when you and Dave first met. I'm all aflutter with romance now. You crazy kids and your love at first site.I'm happy for you, though. :club:
That is really great.. Never happened to me.. Doubt it ever will.. Chris is the closest thing to it though :club:
I think everyone finds their soulmate in a different way. Love at first sight is rare. It doesn't mean it's the only way. You are totally in love with the young stud. It just oozes from your being, the love I mean.
love sucks then you die. period.
Normy, you are jaded. I hope some woman comes along and proves you wrong someday. In the mean time, just get laid as much as possible. That's the prescription from Dr. Love.
I thought it happened to me, once. *cough*
:D
Crazy coincidence. I was just reading through a part of the first thread that talks about when you and Dave first met. I'm all aflutter with romance now. You crazy kids and your love at first site.I'm happy for you, though. :D
It's funny that you are reading that bit now.
No one has picked me for their heads up team yet. :D
I got an offer from someone I don't know. I politely declined. I'm not playing with anyone I don't know at least a little bit about. I'm waiting for DN to ask me, anyway...Like that's gonna happen. :club:
I even made a campaign thread but no avail. :club:
Does anybody good even have a team that needs filled still? I'm pretty good heads up and you are just amazing at poker all around.
Normy, you are jaded. I hope some woman comes along and proves you wrong someday. In the mean time, just get laid as much as possible. That's the prescription from Dr. Love.
Bah. no woman exists that could do that! haha!