FCPHA: Big Table in the Back

Yeah, mustard sounds right to me.I'm not an expert but found this on a website:Cuban bread or substitute French bread if you must, but NOT a baguette! Options: hoagie roll, Mexican bolillo, or Jimmy John's loaf. Butter, softened 1 pound ham sliced thin, but not shaved (Use a good quality ham.) 1 pound lechón asado (roasted Cuban pork) sliced (Follow the lechón asado link or see the following recipe) 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, sliced (Use a mild Swiss -- we like Baby Swiss -- it has only a few holes.) Sliced dill pickles (dill "Sandwich Stackers" work great because of their length.) Yellow mustard (optional) Mayonnaise (NEVER!!)
That's pretty much how I understood it.. except I think I thought oil was more traditional than butter, though that's probably 6 of one and ½ dozen of the otherAlso, that's a giant fucking sandwich. 2 pounds of meat and a half pound of cheese? Cripes.
  • Replies 347.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

That's pretty much how I understood it.. except I think I thought oil was more traditional than butter, though that's probably 6 of one and ½ dozen of the otherAlso, that's a giant fucking sandwich. 2 pounds of meat and a half pound of cheese? Cripes.
I didn't really pay ettention to that part. I'm sure that serves more than 1.
I dunno about an engagement ring pic.. but..here's some of Sneeber..59453_470713786048_596911048_6818584_2333066_n.jpg59290_470712656048_596911048_6818561_5299624_n.jpg45746_469356891048_596911048_6792275_1251718_n.jpg40697_458753651048_596911048_6490439_5192130_n.jpgAnd this isn't Hayden.. it's me. About 6 months older in the picture than Hayden is now..and I was smaller then, than he is now. 38317_455073876048_596911048_6374095_622778_n.jpg
He's a big healthy Iowa boy! He face is absolutely adorable. I think he's got a little mischief in him.
If by mischief you mean, 'likes to pee on people', then yes.. yes he does. He laughs and laughs.
You're not the parent of a son until you've been peed on. It's fantastic that he thinks that's funny.
How's it going?Not a whole lot.. just getting all geared up for the Iowa-Iowa State game while Erin goes out shopping for wedding dresses. How's things down in Tampa? Also, is it possible for you and/or that other guy from Tampa to settle a bet for me? A buddy says that a traditional Cuban sandwich has mayo on it and I say no, mustard, not mayo. He doesn't believe Wikipedia either.
i always have it with mayo....but when i order it I say w/mayo so i'm not sure if it comes with it or not..
I thought she was Mexican Hey-oh!He's getting big. We've got a pretty good baby.. both pretty lucky. His older brother's not too sure about him, but he hasn't tried to throw him down the stairs or anything. That's what I'm saying.
ur lucky
No, Romo has more fantasy points than Brady, there is a great drunken youtube video I have on my phone of how this bet originated, but I have yet to upload it.
That's a pretty good bet. I would maybe favor Brady, but not by much.
God I was TRAAAAASHED ..... Bar was dark so can't really see the video, but the drunken slurred audio is there, gotta love Norm's friend's laugh .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma5SOBGubN4This was the night we thought it would be a good idea to run up a $300 bar tab on alcohol alone and I was introduced to the hell that is Sambuca
bwahahahaha

I'm going to Penrod Art Fair with Kelly and Amanda tomorrow if it doesn't rain. I hope it doesn't rain. I also hope they bring back the Coppola Champagne in a can. I've hoped this for the last few years and been disappointed, but I can still hope.