• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

I really have no idea what this is about but...I have a good college friend in SF that I haven't seen since his wedding....4....5 years ago. A friend in FLA I haven't seen since we were in Europe together 2.5 years ago. Friends in NYC that I have been saying I would come visit for....7...8 years. A college friend in KC that I've been putting for for 3-4 years now. A good friend in Boston that has been here 3-4 times to see me and I keep putting off going to Boston when he tells me to come up. Should I continue?
You were an unfortunate analogy so to continue using you in this analogy....Make sure you tell the part about how you've seen those other friends naked and vulnerable - both literally and figuratively. Make sure you make the point that regardless of all the big talk and bravado that you know these other friends don't enter into something like that casually.After that please expound on the deep profound hurt these other friends felt when they finally faced the fact that regardless of what prime real estate you own in their hearts that they apparently don't own the equivalent piece of yours.So, yes, Tim please go on and on about how casually you treat all your relationships. Somehow I don't think it's going to change the fact that I feel like a ginormous fool right now.

I know I should probably just shut up about this, but I'm starting to get a little ticked off.Do you all think those who aren't going to Vegas are not going because you're not loved? Seriously, get the fuck over yourself. People have lives and various responsibilities. Alan runs a youth sports league, has a job, runs another business, has two kids and wife facing unemployment. Sam's been unemployed for a long damn time, is going through some serious shit and is working his ass off to be there, I've been unemployed for 18 months and have two kids. Etc., etc.Yes, in a perfect world real life would match up with the fantasy world in your minds. We'd all live together in a big commune and travel the world together and take over Vegas every second weekend.I'm just not sure how berating the people who can't make it this year, who i know would love to be there, makes you feel better. We all get it. You think that if people's plans don't align perfectly with yours, you feel like you're not loved.Enough already. Enjoy your trip. Spill a 40 for your homies who can't be there. but maybe you should have a little consideration for the feelings of people who are already disappointed they can't make it.

I know I should probably just shut up about this, but I'm starting to get a little ticked off.Do you all think those who aren't going to Vegas are not going because you're not loved? Seriously, get the fuck over yourself. People have lives and various responsibilities. Alan runs a youth sports league, has a job, runs another business, has two kids and wife facing unemployment. Sam's been unemployed for a long damn time, is going through some serious shit and is working his ass off to be there, I've been unemployed for 18 months and have two kids. Etc., etc.Yes, in a perfect world real life would match up with the fantasy world in your minds. We'd all live together in a big commune and travel the world together and take over Vegas every second weekend.I'm just not sure how berating the people who can't make it this year, who i know would love to be there, makes you feel better. We all get it. You think that if people's plans don't align perfectly with yours, you feel like you're not loved.Enough already. Enjoy your trip. Spill a 40 for your homies who can't be there. but maybe you should have a little consideration for the feelings of people who are already disappointed they can't make it.
I don't really agree with this.I mean it's a cool line and all, but I don't advocate wasting beer.
Jeff, I don't think for a second that she's upset with the people who can't go due to family/work responsibilities or money issues. I think the point is that when given the choice, some people choose us second when we choose them first.That being said, I'm going to miss terribly the people that can't come, you in particular. I haven't given you crap about it because I know you're in a bad position to go this year. Nevertheless, I really miss you.
Nope.It's not as general as "those who aren't going to Vegas". It's much more specific than "those" for me and it's the straw that broke the camel's back if you will. It was the final wake up call. I should have answered that wake up call long ago but well, I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll. Or a little bit crazy and a little bit delusional. Whatever.Crazy or not, I feel how I feel.It's not aimed at you at all Blue.*Edit - and as Nik said, I'm going to miss you, Blue. I'm going to miss you terribly. I wish you were coming. I wish I could afford to pay for you to come.
Jeff, I don't think for a second that she's upset with the people who can't go due to family/work responsibilities or money issues. I think the point is that when given the choice, some people choose us second when we choose them first.That being said, I'm going to miss terribly the people that can't come, you in particular. I haven't given you crap about it because I know you're in a bad position to go this year. Nevertheless, I really miss you.
No one can know what's going on in the lives of others, i think a little more respect should be shown towards them. Do you know how many sheep there are still in Wyoming that haven't been fucked by Brent?I know I haven't been the target of the hard-sell tactics this year and I appreciate it. I miss all you fuckers too and I seriously hope everyone has a great time. I don't want you to stop talking about the trip and I don't want you to stop being excited about it.Henry, it's Vegas. Beer is free.
Nope.It's not as general as "those who aren't going to Vegas". It's much more specific than "those" for me and it's the straw that broke the camel's back if you will. It was the final wake up call. I should have answered that wake up call long ago but well, I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll. Or a little bit crazy and a little bit delusional. Whatever.Crazy or not, I feel how I feel.It's not aimed at you at all Blue.*Edit - and as Nik said, I'm going to miss you, Blue. I'm going to miss you terribly. I wish you were coming. I wish I could afford to pay for you to come.
And I wish circumstances were different, too. But I wouldn't be making it this year even if I was rich.
I know I haven't been the target of the hard-sell tactics this year and I appreciate it.
Just to clarify: It's not really a hard-sell tactic. My goal is not to change his mind. My goal is to - as the great Pat Benatar always says - harden my heart and swallow my tears. The timing just happens to be coincidental but I must do it now while I'm still indignant enough to not be weak about the process. I apologize for the timing.
In Vegas now, been here a few days.Bachelor Party. My friend Brian is getting married.Not broke yet. (Physically or financially!)
Brian that hanging with us last time in Little Budda?
In Vegas now, been here a few days.Bachelor Party. My friend Brian is getting married.Not broke yet. (Physically or financially!)
Nice.Stay away from the Nugget. :club:
Brian that hanging with us last time in Little Budda?
Yep
Nice.Stay away from the Nugget. :club:
YepYa, Was in the most amazing 2-5 game in history at the Venetian.I made $2400 in about 6.5 hours.Tanked called a 4 bet with QQ after I asked if I could turn my hand face up. When I did, the lady was clearly giving signs she didn't like I was thinking so long. I tanked at least 4 minutes, asked a cpl questions and called finally. Board runs at all unders and she says, "you're good".She was button and made it 75 after 5 limpers called the straddle. I look at QQ in the BB and make it 215. Back to her and she ships approximately 525 more. I assume she had JJ and not AK as I am inclined to believe she would flashed me AK or shown it to the table. Stan texted me for a shot of boobs or my chip stack. He got the stack as it was the most accessible.
YepYepYa, Was in the most amazing 2-5 game in history at the Venetian.I made $2400 in about 6.5 hours.Tanked called a 4 bet with QQ after I asked if I could turn my hand face up. When I did, the lady was clearly giving signs she didn't like I was thinking so long. I tanked at least 4 minutes, asked a cpl questions and called finally. Board runs at all unders and she says, "you're good".She was button and made it 75 after 5 limpers called the straddle. I look at QQ in the BB and make it 215. Back to her and she ships approximately 525 more. I assume she had JJ and not AK as I am inclined to believe she would flashed me AK or shown it to the table. Stan texted me for a shot of boobs or my chip stack. He got the stack as it was the most accessible.
and it was very hawt sir
Coles Notes:Shaver's coming back from afghanistan.Jersey banged a FinnVegas in four weeksAlan's a hillbillyThat's about all.
thanks blue....1. that's awesome2. i'm polish3. i'm not goin'4. 85% chance that i'll be a fellow hillbilly in a year from now