FCPHA: Big Table in the Back

Off the top of your head, name the 5 most important world changing events of the last century... go.
Invention of flightWW1Great DepressionWW2Invention of the transistor.
  • Replies 347.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

Yeah, cause none of those events had any world significance or impact outside of the United States.
Australians still talk about the Civil War.South Africa, to this day, is recovering from 9/11.And Japan has a War monument to the Vietnam War, if I recall.Pretend you're British or French or Brazilian and think if you'd answer that question the same way.
Pretend you're British or French or Brazilian and think if you'd answer that question the same way.
Bah! they don't matter anyways, Especially the French! The french should just keep making my croissant's and STFU!
Bah! they don't matter anyways, Especially the French! The french should just keep making my croissant's and STFU!
But that's the question Josh asked...Not "American history" or "Pirate Norm history", but 'World history'.I was up at a cottage about a month ago with the boys, my folks and my sister and her three kids, the youngest of whom is about 18 months. He got stung near the eye by mosquito and it swelled up so, for the rest of the time I was up there, every time I saw him I prefaced everything I said with"Arrrrr, Pirate Lucas, be ya hungry?""Arrrrr, Pirate Lucas, want to play?"Etc.
But that's the question Josh asked...Not "American history" or "Pirate Norm history", but 'World history'.I was up at a cottage about a month ago with the boys, my folks and my sister and her three kids, the youngest of whom is about 18 months. He got stung near the eye by mosquito and it swelled up so, for the rest of the time I was up there, every time I saw him I prefaced everything I said with"Arrrrr, Pirate Lucas, be ya hungry?""Arrrrr, Pirate Lucas, want to play?"Etc.
Arrrrrr, excellent job matey! You should be present'n the Wog to King Neptune so he be record'd on the rolls! :club: it' be a simple ceremony, Call out next time ya'll be up there and I'll tell ya the yarn! arrrr!
Arrrrrr, excellent job matey! You should be present'n the Wog to King Neptune so he be record'd on the rolls! :club: it' be a simple ceremony, Call out next time ya'll be up there and I'll tell ya the yarn! arrrr!
geeesus christ
$29,387 tip intead of 29.87, ooooops...http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...moPcTgD9AOJQM81
"If this was a mistake it was their mistake," Gaspar says in court documents. "Now I am paying for their mistake."yup spending all that money was their mistake.
Off the top of your head, name the 5 most important world changing events of the last century... go.
The invention of the automated assembly line. (ala Ford)WW2 (Normandie, the Holocaust and all Hitler related European incidents, Pearl Harbor and the subsequent A bombs on Japan).The rise and fall of communismsocialsim in Europe and the end of the Cold War.The Space Race (giving us the ability to launch satellites)The invention of the internet (Thanks Al Gore :club:)edit: I suppose flight should come before the space race, but I stand by my current list...for now.
Ugh, keep your head down
So this happened right outside todayhttp://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/...last/index.htmlwe were outside chilling after lunch....all of a sudden we hear a LOUD boom....None of us moved...we just sat there are were like damn that was loud....we see everyone running inside and this girl is like...hey we need to get inside...i guess with all the gunshots we here everyday....we just figured whatever....it took us a minute to realize what was going on...
So this happened right outside todayhttp://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/...last/index.htmlwe were outside chilling after lunch....all of a sudden we hear a LOUD boom....None of us moved...we just sat there are were like damn that was loud....we see everyone running inside and this girl is like...hey we need to get inside...i guess with all the gunshots we here everyday....we just figured whatever....it took us a minute to realize what was going on...
scary shit!

you ever go back and look at old photos from like 10 - 20 - 30 years ago from like vacation or wherever, where there are these random people in the background just walking by, eating, whatever. you ever wonder what those people are doing these days or if they are even still alive?

Was I the only one who turned my sound down because they were expecting some sort of loud scary screaming something to jump out and make me shit my pants?Cute cat though, I didnt think cats liked water
cooper loves the water
Ren and I just hammered out the basic weekend details.EEeeEEeEEEeeeeeEEeeeeEEEEeeeeEEEEEEeeeEEeEEEE!I think there are still two extra concert tickets. Who wants to come to Indy this weekend?
i do....but even if i left now...i'd probably wouldn't get there until Monday :club:
keep that pretty head down.
Australians still talk about the Civil War.South Africa, to this day, is recovering from 9/11.And Japan has a War monument to the Vietnam War, if I recall.Pretend you're British or French or Brazilian and think if you'd answer that question the same way.
You don't think the 9/11 attacks had a worldwide impact...?

didnt hit post button on this on your Facebook cause dont know how many crazies you got on there that wouldnt realize I was joking Scott ...Scott One grasshopper on the railroad tracks won't slow a train very much, but a billion of them will.Meredith Wouldn't they need to be suicidal grasshoppers?Alan Not really Meredith, you can just put all the black grasshoppers in the front

Saturday is national talk like a pirate day