• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

Weird morning already.. Erin leaves for work about 6:30 a.m. and it's not unusual for her to call me with something really important like, "Hey, will you turn the curling iron off?"..so I really wasn't too concerned when I woke up at 7:30 to 4 missed calls and a text message that said 'Call me ASAP'. So, I call her and she's all worked up and it turns out it's understandable.. Apparently, after leaving for work, she got a phone call from a restricted number. The person gave her some name that neither of us are familiar with and claimed to have gotten her number from her 3 weeks ago at the mall.. Well, she just got a new number a week ago, so hey, sorry dude.. wrong person. Well, the person then went on to describe what she was wearing, what she was driving, that he knew she had to move the cars in the driveway today, that he knows our dog's name, that he knows she's typically alone from 7:45 p.m. until 3:30 a.m. Saturday through Tuesday. He knew her son's name, knew my name and for some reason knew that the light on the side porch had 'burnt out'.. Well, it turns out, it wasn't burnt out, just unscrewed.. He knew that we had a bonfire about a week and all kinds of other various non-sequitirs..but, the fact that he was watching her this morning at 6:15 a.m. really, really fucking bothers me. She's going to go to the police and file a report, but, we live in a corner where three cities all meet and we're not technically incorporated into any of them, even though we're a Des Moines address, so the best we can hope for is a county sheriff passing through our little dead end every couple hours throughout the night. I'm going to talk to the neighbors and let them know that if they see anything to call us and/or the police. Other than that, I have no idea what to do.. any thoughts?

OMG Ben Stiller, and the guy from Law and Order: SVU on Sesame Street. Did they have famous people on it when I was a kid?
Yes, we just didn't know who the hell they were.
Weird morning already.. Erin leaves for work about 6:30 a.m. and it's not unusual for her to call me with something really important like, "Hey, will you turn the curling iron off?"..so I really wasn't too concerned when I woke up at 7:30 to 4 missed calls and a text message that said 'Call me ASAP'. So, I call her and she's all worked up and it turns out it's understandable.. Apparently, after leaving for work, she got a phone call from a restricted number. The person gave her some name that neither of us are familiar with and claimed to have gotten her number from her 3 weeks ago at the mall.. Well, she just got a new number a week ago, so hey, sorry dude.. wrong person. Well, the person then went on to describe what she was wearing, what she was driving, that he knew she had to move the cars in the driveway today, that he knows our dog's name, that he knows she's typically alone from 7:45 p.m. until 3:30 a.m. Saturday through Tuesday. He knew her son's name, knew my name and for some reason knew that the light on the side porch had 'burnt out'.. Well, it turns out, it wasn't burnt out, just unscrewed.. He knew that we had a bonfire about a week and all kinds of other various non-sequitirs..but, the fact that he was watching her this morning at 6:15 a.m. really, really fucking bothers me. She's going to go to the police and file a report, but, we live in a corner where three cities all meet and we're not technically incorporated into any of them, even though we're a Des Moines address, so the best we can hope for is a county sheriff passing through our little dead end every couple hours throughout the night. I'm going to talk to the neighbors and let them know that if they see anything to call us and/or the police. Other than that, I have no idea what to do.. any thoughts?
Scary shit Eric. When she leaves for work, watch and see if anyone follows her. Or maybe you could follow her after she leaves and see if anything out of the ordinary occurs.morning folks, catching up.
This is horrifying. Is there anyone that can stay at your house at night (preferrably large and scary looking) while you're gone working?
Wow, Erik, that is fucked up and way scary. Please tell Erin to be very very careful. Duh, I know you will but, you know.I know this is gonna sound weird from me and I'm not even sure I'd do it myself but maybe it's time to get Erin a handgun safety class and a little extra protection.
Wow, Erik, that is fucked up and way scary. Please tell Erin to be very very careful. Duh, I know you will but, you know.I know this is gonna sound weird from me and I'm not even sure I'd do it myself but maybe it's time to get Erin a handgun safety class and a little extra protection.
or a dog. shepherd, rottie or doberman.
*shrug*
Weird morning already..
yea. wow. all of what they said.....Try to find out who this person is and get a restraining order against them. won't do much, but if the police do get involved, it's not your word against his.Just gives the cops ammo to deal with this psycho.
Scary shit Eric. When she leaves for work, watch and see if anyone follows her. Or maybe you could follow her after she leaves and see if anything out of the ordinary occurs.morning folks, catching up.
I'm going to start waking up with her and making sure she leaves just fine.
This is horrifying. Is there anyone that can stay at your house at night (preferrably large and scary looking) while you're gone working?
No.. her brother is big and scary, but he lives 100 miles away. I think she's either gonna have one of her friends stay with her or my mom is going to come stay.
Erin knows how to handle a gun. We actually got rid of her handgun before we moved. I don't want a gun around our 2 year old son, but I don't know what else to do really.
or a dog. shepherd, rottie or doberman.
We've got a greyhound-collie mix who's got an attitude.
Nice.
yea. wow. all of what they said.....Try to find out who this person is and get a restraining order against them. won't do much, but if the police do get involved, it's not your word against his.Just gives the cops ammo to deal with this psycho.
It's hard to find out who it is because it was a restricted number. The cell phone company can't trace the call; the best they can do is tell us what tower it came from. I've already talked to the neighbors on both sides of me and they're going to keep an eye on things for us but, we're still really left with no resolution. So, I don't know.
The frontrunner thing made me think of josh.
I got all my favorite teams by rooting for the team every one else around me rooted against. It's the contrarian approach, sort of like Canada and freedom. Otherwise I'd be a fan of the Cubs, 49ers, Iowa Hawkeyes, & Georgetown Hoyas.
just keep vigilant eric.and if you come to find out it's a friend screwing around, feed him to the dog.
A dog's a good idea but what if the guy is following her one day and rearends her so she has to get out of the car? She can't take the dog with her everywhere.I know what you mean, E, about having a gun in the house with a child and Lord knows I'm usually not an advocate for that. The statistics show that you're much more likely to shoot someone you know than an actual intruder. I just don't know what other solution there is for Erin and you to feel safer and in control of the situation.I would be scared shitless if I were Erin.
This is so scary. After the home invasion we put in a top of the line security system. I made sure that I always had the panic button in my pockets for a while after that. I know it only helps at home but if she's there by herself that will hopefully give her some piece of mind.
A dog's a good idea but what if the guy is following her one day and rearends her so she has to get out of the car? She can't take the dog with her everywhere.I know what you mean, E, about having a gun in the house with a child and Lord knows I'm usually not an advocate for that. The statistics show that you're much more likely to shoot someone you know than an actual intruder. I just don't know what other solution there is for Erin and you to feel safer and in control of the situation.I would be scared shitless if I were Erin.
She was scared shitless, now she's just getting furious. My mom even said she thinks a shotgun isn't a bad idea. I'd like to think I can protect my house with out a double barrel, but the more I think about it..the more I'm considering it. I'm going to start taking her to work, I think. Mostly for the reasons you listed above. So I get her in the car just fine and then the ****tard runs her off the road..? Then what do I do, ya know? There's a lot of things now that I think about that bother the fuck out of me. The dog was barking at the side door the other night and I scolded him. Someone unscrewed my porch light. Our mailbox keeps getting opened up. It's some movie of the week shit. And if it turns out to be someone's big joke, someone's gonna get castrated.
This is so scary. After the home invasion we put in a top of the line security system. I made sure that I always had the panic button in my pockets for a while after that. I know it only helps at home but if she's there by herself that will hopefully give her some piece of mind.
The previous owners had ADT, but I don't know that I need to do all that. Yet.
In my opinion there's no excuse for hairdressers to get dye on your clothes. I would have been so mad. If you didn't get totally pissed my hat is off to you. Little stuff like that just sets me off.I will totally switch places with Norm for a day.
but why would you wear a new shirt when you get your hair died?
OMG Ben Stiller, and the guy from Law and Order: SVU on Sesame Street. Did they have famous people on it when I was a kid?
yes
Scary shit Eric. When she leaves for work, watch and see if anyone follows her. Or maybe you could follow her after she leaves and see if anything out of the ordinary occurs.
The stoner always has good ideas.Scary Eric
Erin knows how to handle a gun. We actually got rid of her handgun before we moved. I don't want a gun around our 2 year old son, but I don't know what else to do really.
I know this all sucks but I think this is cool.

having a gun and knowing how to use it properly to protect yourself are two different things, if you are going to get one i would suggest training and right awayshotgun is good and bad, good for home pro, bad in that for the most part you are not going to be that close to it in your home or when you are out and abouti would suggest a glock g19, and carry it in a holster while you are in the house if there really is some wacko out there, shoot and don't stop till they do