FCPHA: Big Table in the Back

Ahhh, yes. Well, it is the #1 song on the country charts for the last 3 weeks.I have the rest of that album if you want to "borrow" it. Since it's Blake, I must insist that should you like it, you have to go out and buy a copy (also cause there's some really hot pics of him in it) but you can "borrow" it from me to see if you like it.Honestly, I think this new album is his best work yet. He's singing better than he ever has. There's easily 6 or 7 hit songs on that CD.Hit me up on IM and I'll send it to ya.
ok....i should have internet and cable today!!
  • Replies 347.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

Morning Fockers..A Frenchman, an Englishman and a New Yorker are exploring the jungle and are captured by a fierce tribe.The chief tells them, "The bad news is that we've caught you, we're going to kill you, and then use your skins to build a canoe. The good news is that you get to choose how you die."The Frenchman says, "I take ze poison." The chief gives him some poison; the Frenchman says, "Vive la France!" and drinks it down.The Englishman says, "A pistol for me, please." The chief gives him a pistol; the Brit points it at his head, says, "God save the Queen!" and blows his brains out.The New Yorker says, "Gimme a fork." The chief is puzzled, but he shrugs and gives him a fork. The New Yorker takes the fork and jabs himself all over -- the stomach, the sides, the chest, everywhere. Blood gushes from every hole.The chief screams, "What are you doing?"The New Yorker looks at the chief and says, "So much for your canoe, a**hole!"

7 year old after the dentist:
That is so fantastic
Just watched Juno for the first time.I can't tell you how disconcerting it is to see JK Simmons in a normal role after watching the first four seasons of OZ recently.
If you haven't seen Hard Candy I highly recommend it. Ellen does such a ridiculous acting job in that movie.
I believe I recommended that movie to you. Regardless, i've certainly seen it.
very possibleThis is pretty fricking huge news and fantastic news imo ...Obama reveals executive pay limits: Pledging to take "the air out of golden parachutes," President Obama announced today that executives of companies receiving federal bailout money will have their pay capped at $500,000. "For top executives to award themselves these kinds of compensation packages in the midst of this economic crisis isn't just bad taste -- it's a bad strategy -- and I will not tolerate it," Obama said.

Hmmm. Oklahoma?"Of the 49 metropolitan areas with a population of at least 1 million, Detroit had the largest unemployment rate, at 10.6%, followed by San Bernadino, Calif., with 10.1%. Oklahoma City had the lowest unemployment rate of large metropolitan regions, at 4.6%, followed by Washington at 4.7%."http://money.cnn.com/2009/02/04/news/econo...sion=2009020410

very possibleThis is pretty fricking huge news and fantastic news imo ...Obama reveals executive pay limits: Pledging to take "the air out of golden parachutes," President Obama announced today that executives of companies receiving federal bailout money will have their pay capped at $500,000. "For top executives to award themselves these kinds of compensation packages in the midst of this economic crisis isn't just bad taste -- it's a bad strategy -- and I will not tolerate it," Obama said.
why is it fantastic?I'm not making a case for or against, just wondering why you think it is "fantastic?"
why is it fantastic?I'm not making a case for or against, just wondering why you think it is "fantastic?"
Because it is ridiculous for a company to ask for billinons of dollars in tax relief because their company is going under and the minute they get aid from the government (tax payers money) they turn and give themselves $10 million dollars in bonuses or incentives.I'm all about people making as much money as they can if they worked their way to the top and make 10s of millions, then so be it, but you cant say you are going bankrupt and need help and then use that money to continue to pay yourself such ridiculous sums.
at home waiting on comcast....pirating some internet...the connection sux but it's free for now...Anyone want to bring me something to eat, i'm starving!!
I'm sure they'll be there sometime between now and 6pm.
Because it is ridiculous for a company to ask for billinons of dollars in tax relief because their company is going under and the minute they get aid from the government (tax payers money) they turn and give themselves $10 million dollars in bonuses or incentives.I'm all about people making as much money as they can if they worked their way to the top and make 10s of millions, then so be it, but you cant say you are going bankrupt and need help and then use that money to continue to pay yourself such ridiculous sums.
Ok. However, If the government gets into the business of saying, "You should get this much for being bad," they will get into the business of "You should only get this much for being good."I'm not against "conditions" when it comes to accepting tax payer money, but do you want the government in the "I think you are worth XXXX business?" Once you open the door, you can't close it.
Ok. However, If the government gets into the business of saying, "You should get this much for being bad," they will get into the business of "You should only get this much for being good."I'm not against "conditions" when it comes to accepting tax payer money, but do you want the government in the "I think you are worth XXXX business?" Once you open the door, you can't close it.
Two COMPLETELY different scenarios and I think you know it.I would never condone (and would like to believe the Govt would never) capping how much someone pays someone in a free society. That is the beauty of business, America, the dream, etc ..BUT when you do these things and screw up and you turn to the Govt and say "I need help bad or I'm going bankrupt" then you would have to expect that aid to have conditions and/or caps.
Two COMPLETELY different scenarios and I think you know it.I would never condone (and would like to believe the Govt would never) capping how much someone pays someone in a free society. That is the beauty of business, America, the dream, etc ..BUT when you do these things and screw up and you turn to the Govt and say "I need help bad or I'm going bankrupt" then you would have to expect that aid to have conditions and/or caps.
First, I'm not arguing with you. hehe. I'm discussing.....You said, "I would never condone (and would like to believe the Govt would never) capping how much someone pays someone in a free society." But you are condoning it. You are revelling in it. That's exactly what the government is doing.... I do understand that it's our money they want, and they can make any conditions they want.However, I'm more for the loan sharking model. You want this money, You'll pay it back plus the vig! And as for me understanding it's 2 different scenarios, true. I do understand that, but I doubt the government understands that. js
So, the American way is bailing out failed businesses? Nope.
Especially giving giant bonuses to the VERY PEOPLE who were at the helm when these companies got into a position where they were nearly bankrupt. And although it might not have been the direct fault of the various CEOs, when you take the $40M bonus when times are good, you better be prepared to NOT take it when things have gone in the shitter on your watch.
It is COMPLETELY reasonable for the federal gov't to put conditions on a bailout package. If the financial institutions aren't comfortable, then they can politely turn down the money.
sigh......
Especially giving giant bonuses to the VERY PEOPLE who were at the helm when these companies got into a position where they were nearly bankrupt. And although it might not have been the direct fault of the various CEOs, when you take the $40M bonus when times are good, you better be prepared to NOT take it when things have gone in the shitter on your watch.It is COMPLETELY reasonable for the federal gov't to put conditions on a bailout package. If the financial institutions aren't comfortable, then they can politely turn down the money.
I don't disagree with any of this. believe me. I just don't want the government to get onto that slippery slope of thinking, "Hey, we did this, so me must be able to do this other thing!"
First, I'm not arguing with you. hehe. I'm discussing.....You said, "I would never condone (and would like to believe the Govt would never) capping how much someone pays someone in a free society." But you are condoning it. You are revelling in it. That's exactly what the government is doing.... I do understand that it's our money they want, and they can make any conditions they want.However, I'm more for the loan sharking model. You want this money, You'll pay it back plus the vig! And as for me understanding it's 2 different scenarios, true. I do understand that, but I doubt the government understands that. js
Again, two totally different discussions. Govt bailing out people is one entire discussion in itself and I'm not smart enough to understand the economic pros/cons of doing such. My comments are based purely on the assumption a company requested and received federal money.
So, the American way is bailing out failed businesses? Nope.
See above
Especially giving giant bonuses to the VERY PEOPLE who were at the helm when these companies got into a position where they were nearly bankrupt. And although it might not have been the direct fault of the various CEOs, when you take the $40M bonus when times are good, you better be prepared to NOT take it when things have gone in the shitter on your watch.It is COMPLETELY reasonable for the federal gov't to put conditions on a bailout package. If the financial institutions aren't comfortable, then they can politely turn down the money.
Absolutely
I don't disagree with any of this. believe me. I just don't want the government to get onto that slippery slope of thinking, "Hey, we did this, so me must be able to do this other thing!"
I'm against the bailout in principal. However, if the gov't is going to do it, I believe it's their DUTY to ensure the money isn't simply wasted. Their money, their rules.
Again, two totally different discussions. Govt bailing out people is one entire discussion in itself and I'm not smart enough to understand the economic pros/cons of doing such. My comments are based purely on the assumption a company requested and received federal money.
Do you even know what i'm talking about? I'm not talking about bailing out people. Yes, if the government is gonna give out money, they can put whatever conditions they want on that money. I'm discussing 1 of those conditions. the government deciding how much a person should make. Cause that's what they are doing. For good or bad. that's what they are doing. I don't care what the reason for it is. The government is saying if you want our money, we don't think you are worth more than 500,000k a year. Why not a million a year? They picked a number. I contend they shouldn't be in the "picking a number business."Now. We all agree that executives taking big bonuses for running a company in the ground is insane. Instead of getting into the "picking a number business" I'm proposing that we should be in the loan sharking business. That'll stop all that stuff. IMO.