FCPHA: Big Table in the Back

I'm very likely going to see this next Saturday at the Seattle International Film Festival.
Brad and I met your twin last night. Did I already mention that? Renae tried to get us to trade up for you if he was a better model.
  • Replies 347.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

It seems CA is beginning to issue marriage licenses to Gay couples starting June 17th and NY will recognize those rights when married in another state. That is nice to hear finally..Gay Marriage Advocates Score Wins
I hope this goes through and doesn't get stayed. If the government is going to license marriage, they should have to license it for all adults.
Enjoy your last day!!
It was a pretty good day. I got a lot of stuff done.
woot!!!
Yep, I'm a little excited.
nice cash for you two last night. grats. A guy just handed me his business card. His name: Dick Buck. This made me laugh in my mind.
Props for not laughing out loud. You're a strong man.

Hello lamp post what ya knowing, I've come to watch your lamp light glowing

I hope this goes through and doesn't get stayed. If the government is going to license marriage, they should have to license it for all adults.
Why shouldn't they have the opportunity to lose half their shit too!
Like I told my gay friends when the courts started to get involved with this thing, the more they push for that kind of solution the more people are going to push back.Homophobia is a strong natural instinct, unfortunately most people aren't smart enough to realize that it is stupid and should be ignored.
Like I told my gay friends when the courts started to get involved with this thing, the more they push for that kind of solution the more people are going to push back.Homophobia is a strong natural instinct, unfortunately most people aren't smart enough to realize that it is stupid and should be ignored.
Do you believe in the Constitution of the United States of America?
Do you believe in the Constitution of the United States of America?
yes, why?
yes, why?
Because that's the only question at hand regarding gay marriage. Anyone against it needs to answer that question. The system worked as it should. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a champion of gay rights. But I despise attacks against the constitution.
Because that's the only question at hand regarding gay marriage. Anyone against it needs to answer that question. The system worked as it should. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a champion of gay rights. But I despise attacks against the constitution.
Where is marriage mentioned in the constitution?It's a state institution not a federal one.
Where is marriage mentioned in the constitution?It's a state institution not a federal one.
It's not. In the Constitution, it says, that States must not "deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."Most states have the same premise in their own constitutions.No, I haven't read each states constitutions. However, I assume California has that similar provision to make the decision they did.However, Any state law going against the constitution, will be eventually reviewed at the Supreme Court level and guess what. See above. The "threat" to the constitution comes from these people. I'm sure you are familiar with them.http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8052902592.html"Yet gay marriage opponents say the California ruling will help them broaden their religious coalitions to include more Hispanic Catholics and evangelicals. The ruling, they say, made their argument for them: Constitutional measures are needed to prevent judges from subverting the will of the people and reinventing a sacred institution they believe is central to society's well-being and part of God's design. ""I think the California decision does refocus our movement on the threat of marriage being redefined," said John Stemberger, who as head of the Florida Family Policy Council is supporting a proposed amendment in that swing state that would define marriage as between one man and one woman. It would prohibit civil unions providing the same benefits of marriage."
It's not. In the Constitution, it says, that States must not "deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."Most states have the same premise in their own constitutions.No, I haven't read each states constitutions. However, I assume California has that similar provision to make the decision they did.However, Any state law going against the constitution, will be eventually reviewed at the Supreme Court level and guess what. See above. The "threat" to the constitution comes from these people. I'm sure you are familiar with them.http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8052902592.html"Yet gay marriage opponents say the California ruling will help them broaden their religious coalitions to include more Hispanic Catholics and evangelicals. The ruling, they say, made their argument for them: Constitutional measures are needed to prevent judges from subverting the will of the people and reinventing a sacred institution they believe is central to society's well-being and part of God's design. ""I think the California decision does refocus our movement on the threat of marriage being redefined," said John Stemberger, who as head of the Florida Family Policy Council is supporting a proposed amendment in that swing state that would define marriage as between one man and one woman. It would prohibit civil unions providing the same benefits of marriage."
I understand the equal protection clause but that only assures that states play nice together it has nothing to do with whether or not gay's have a right to marriage.If you think it's conservative Christians that are the sole force behind anti-gay movement you couldn't be more wrong. They might be leading the charge but homophobia crosses many lines. One of the many reasons Kerry lost Ohio was the Pubs putting the fear that he would legalize gay marriage. Exit polls showed that many in traditionally Dem areas voted against Kerry for that very reason.
I'm about 60/40 on going, Henry.I would like nothing better than to drink, play poker and look at boobies with all of you.OK, there may be a few things better, like to fulfill Jeffrey's desire to have gay sex with a midgetI'll find a way, cause I miss you all
60/40? I thought you were all but booked. Gooooooooooorgeous, I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to see you.
660_b-thumb.jpgI'm almost giddy.
Hey slutbag. I have one of those. You're going to love it. Did you decide on it because it has pedestrian and driving modes? Thought that pedestrian thing would come in handy in the backwoods.
60/40? I thought you were all but booked. Gooooooooooorgeous, I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to see you.
QFMFT! I concur.
I understand the equal protection clause but that only assures that states play nice together it has nothing to do with whether or not gay's have a right to marriage.If you think it's conservative Christians that are the sole force behind anti-gay movement you couldn't be more wrong. They might be leading the charge but homophobia crosses many lines. One of the many reasons Kerry lost Ohio was the Pubs putting the fear that he would legalize gay marriage. Exit polls showed that many in traditionally Dem areas voted against Kerry for that very reason.
Actually, It was originally intended to secure rights to slaves. had NOTHING to do with states playing nice.It was first applied to defeat segregation. Remember that. Or was that just the "States not playing nice?"I don't care who if behind the ant-gay movement. I don't care about the pro or anti gay movements. I've for the constitution. and for good or for bad. that's what it says.period.
Congrats. So you're here later in the evenings now? Rock on.
I should be, starting tomorrow night. I have to get up pretty early tomorrow in order to go pick out books for the library from the library of the school the district is closing.
Actually, It was originally intended to secure rights to slaves. had NOTHING to do with states playing nice.It was first applied to defeat segregation. Remember that. Or was that just the "States not playing nice?"I don't care who if behind the ant-gay movement. I don't care about the pro or anti gay movements. I've for the constitution. and for good or for bad. that's what it says.period.
So my "play nice" may have been simplified and the amendment was applied many times before BVBoE. But is has been applied to things enumerated in the Constitution - voting, juries, education, is the right to marriage in the constitution anywhere?Next question is if they succeed in getting a "marriage amendment" in the constitution will you then say that people who are fighting for gay marriage are fighting against the constitution?