FCPHA: Big Table in the Back

OK.. so John.. Do you know for sure that they will be adding more flights when July gets closer?Seems to me that my flights just keep going up and up in price.. I also went to Travelocity to show Chris the different Hotels I am thinking about and Fitzgeralds no longer had any vacancy through them which was weird. I'm starting to get worried about the cheaper Hotels getting full due to the WSOP.
I honestly do not know. My buddy and I generally work on theories. And out theory is that they will add more flights.Having said that since my dad travels a lot I am going to see if I can get a round trip ticket using his Frequent Flier miles.
  • Replies 347.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

Thats my pont :(My flight was $288 and now is up to $318 and all others around it went up to $342 so mine will be rising again. I am also afraid that it is rising because the flight is filling up? I'm not sure what to do.
Generally flight prices fluctuate for a number of reasons. Oil is back up over $63 per barrel, so this may well be a reaction to rising gas prices. Booking now vs. waiting determines how much of a gambler you are.If you want to book it, then book it. It might come down in a couple of weeks, it might go up. Chances are it will do both, but there are no guarantees.The trip is still four months away. I found, when checking prices for the last one, the cheapest price was about two months prior to the flight...If you wait too long, it will go up and NOT come down.However, if you're truly a gambler, wait until last-minute deals on packages to vegas start appearing, usually about 10 days in advance.
I honestly do not know. My buddy and I generally work on theories. And out theory is that they will add more flights.Having said that since my dad travels a lot I am going to see if I can get a round trip ticket using his Frequent Flier miles.
wow...theories?no, flights won't be added. What you see is what you get.
Did I miss something?
I'm just wondering where you got your theory on flight schedules from. Were you applying your own thoughts...what you thought was logical? Or was there some foundation from which your theory evolved?
:club: i could have gotten a flight 2 weeks ago for 245 now the cheapest is 366. Anyone know if they will come back down?NO_LIMIT TEXAS_HOLDEM $5+$1 (Real Money), #250,914,579 Savannah Single Table Tournament, 16 Mar 2006 9:25 PM ET
Hmmmm, I wonder how I did that. They are usually $5 +.50 right? Ivan? Norm? Someone who plays crack with me help me out here.
I'm just wondering where you got your theory on flight schedules from. Were you applying your own thoughts...what you thought was logical? Or was there some foundation from which your theory evolved?
I'm not really sure. I think it was part wishful thinking for cheaper prices, part the idea that this far out there is a decent shot of demand driving more flights to be added. Also the idea that again this far out the schedule is still in a bit of flux and all airlines haven't finished scheduling.Ironically when it comes to planning trips with my friend, it is more spontaneous. It basically starts with an idea and we let things fall into place. The big thing with getting the hotel was so we could start saving money.
Hmmmm, I wonder how I did that. They are usually $5 +.50 right? Ivan? Norm? Someone who plays crack with me help me out here.
Could this have something to do with the new bonus structure??
With due respect, your theory is assinine. Flight schedules are published well in advance. Most are the same each week. I wouldn't expect to see new, cheap flights. Again, sometimes, booking flights over 90 days out isn't a great idea, because airlines only expect to sell so many tickets prior to 90 days out, so fares change. I wouldn't worry too much yet, but I'd want to have the tix booked by the end of May if I were you.edit: btw, I know the use of assinine was a bit harsh there, but I just think it's a great word, and don't have the opportunity to use it often enough, so I threw it out here.
With due respect, your theory is assinine. Flight schedules are published well in advance. Most are the same each week. I wouldn't expect to see new, cheap flights. Again, sometimes, booking flights over 90 days out isn't a great idea, because airlines only expect to sell so many tickets prior to 90 days out, so fares change. I wouldn't worry too much yet, but I'd want to have the tix booked by the end of May if I were you.edit: btw, I know the use of assinine was a bit harsh there, but I just think it's a great word, and don't have the opportunity to use it often enough, so I threw it out here.
Nah that's cool...although your edit did help with that. I'm not concerning myself with flight prices. I'm banking on the frequent flier miles to come through for me.

US Air has a nice little package deal.. Airfare & Hotel (Fitzgeralds) - July 19th-24th (5 nights) $809.20 all fees, taxes included. Not too bad for both of us :)Travelocity for the same with Sahara instead is $1013.15US Air doesn't offer the Sahara but they do offer Imperial Palace for the same at $994.20

CODY HARTMAN JOKE OF THE DAY---ST. PATTY'S DAY EDITION--PART 2"The Errand" McQuillan walked into a bar and ordered martini after martini, each time removing the olives and placing them in a jar. When the jar was filled with olives and all the drinks consumed, the Irishman started to leave. "S'cuse me", said a customer, who was puzzled over what McQuillan had done, "what was that all about?" "Nothin', said the Irishman, "my wife just sent me out for a jar of olives!"------------------------------------------------------------------------------------CODY HARTMAN JOKE OF THE DAY---ST PATTY'S DAY EDITION---PART 3"I've Lost Me Luggage" An Irishman arrived at JFK Airport and wandered around the terminal with tears streaming down his cheeks. An airline employee asked him if he was already homesick. "No," replied the Irishman, "I've lost all me luggage!" "How'd that happen?" "The cork fell out!" said the Irishman.--------------------------------------------------------------------CODY HARTMAN JOKE OF THE DAY---ST PATTY'S DAY EDITION---PART 4"The Brothel" Two Irishmen were sitting at a pub having beer and watching the brothel across the street. They saw a Baptist minister walk into the brothel, and one of them said, "Aye, 'tis a shame to see a man of the cloth goin' bad." Then they saw a rabbi enter! the brothel, and the other Irishman said, "Aye, 'tis a shame to see that the Jews are fallin' victim to temptation as well." Then they see a Catholic priest enter the brothel, and one of the Irishmen said, "What a terrible pity...one of the girls must be dying."-----------------------------------------------------------------CODY HARTMAN JOKE OF THE DAY---ST PATTY'S DAY EDITION---PART 5(disclaimer: I actually did laugh at this one)Irish Cemetery Three Irishmen, Paddy, Sean and Seamus, were stumbling home from the pub late one night and found themselves on the road which led past the old graveyard. "Come have a look over here." says Paddy, "It's Michael O'Grady's grave, G! od bless his soul. He lived to the ripe old age of 87." "That's nothing." says Sean, "Here's one named Patrick O'Toole, and it says here that he was 95 when he died!" Just then, Seamus yells out, "Good God, here's a fella that got to be 145!" "What was his name?" asks Paddy. Seamus stumbles around a bit, awkwardly lights a match to see what else is written on the stone marker and exclaims, "Miles, from Dublin."-----------------------------------------------------------------------CODY HARTMAN JOKE OF THE DAY---ST PATTY'S DAY EDITION---PART 6Irish Predicament Drunk Ole Mulvihill staggers into a Catholic Church, enters a confessional box, sits down but says nothing. The Priest coughs a few times to get his attention but Ole just sits there. Finally, the Priest pounds three times on the wall. The drunk mumbles, "Ain't no use knockin', there's no paper on this side either."

Anyone else listening to Irish bands at work today?
Great Irish Music:U2Thin LizzySinead O’ConnorBoomtown RatsClannadThe PoguesStiff Little FingersRory GallagherThe CranberriesThe CorrsHothouse FlowersThe UndertonesVan Morrison
Great Irish Music:U2Thin LizzySinead O’ConnorBoomtown RatsClannadThe MichaelsStiff Little FingersRory GallagherThe CranberriesThe CorrsHothouse FlowersThe UndertonesVan Morrison
FYP
Fact or Myth?If a woman will sleep with you on the first date, she is likely to cheat.
Total myth.So many factors go into why a woman would choose to sleep with someone on the first date and not all of them are just because that's what she does.Why? Got a story to tell?
So far the women say myth and the guy says fact.Interesting...I say factBTW, I don't think can can be applied to every case.But I think it is a good generelization stereotype and I stand by it!
I hope I'm not being counted as a vote... :club: