• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

ok, now that we're on the 2nd page....ang posed a question to me, and i thought i'd extend the question to everyone else to get some varied opinions.if you say "i'd prefer if my child married within his/her race/religion" is that racism?

well i made my first supply order with few casualties, i wonder if i'll get a raise???......HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! that'll never happen.note to self: self send email to get address for radio station in state college area.
I also like to ask why. When is the last time you've asked for a raise? If the answer is never or more than 6 months ago, I ask you why. If you get an employee review every 6 months or something, make sure it happens when it's supposed to.You have to ask for the sale or in this case a raise. If you don't ask, why would you get one? Also, I like to mention it over and over again to the point where it stops being funny and starts to annoy the boss. This is a passive/aggressive technique for getting the raise. I know you don't want to stay there, but is there another job you would prefer with the same company? If so, then ask for it. You could pull the old "I'm Sharron and I'm quiting! Oh, you are throwing thousands of dollars more per year at me to stay? That's very flattering. I accept." technique.Shit
A little link to the past here.I just asked for a title change and raise about two months ago. I got neither cause they just gave me all the jobs i should of had when i started but never got. I'm looking internally, I have other people (not from the department) looking for me. I am activly (really active as of now) looking for another job. I just went in to talk to my superior to mention that I would like to sit down and figure out what my job actually is...get some direction some time in january. I think they would let me go, even though it would cripple them IMO.(amazingly I'm completly calm right now)front butt
ok, now that we're on the 2nd page....ang posed a question to me, and i thought i'd extend the question to everyone else to get some varied opinions.if you say "i'd prefer if my child married within his/her race/religion" is that racism?
rac·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rszm)n. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others. Discrimination or prejudice based on race. Expressing a preference isn't racism, it's closer to bigotrybig·ot·ry ( P ) Pronunciation Key (bg-tr)n. The attitude, state of mind, or behavior characteristic of a bigot; intolerance.which leads us to bigot:big·ot ( P ) Pronunciation Key (bgt)n. One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.people use the words like they're synonyms, and they're not. In the marriage question, the attitude is clearly one of intolerance, hence bigot.

Aw fuck me. I wishyou all would have given some warning on this new thread I missed the first page GODDAMNIT!!!Well at least you did it on Turd day.

Ok, so our thread is finally too damn slow for our normal antics. Alas, we must bid adieu to the old and bonjour to the new.So it begins the FCP At Work Crew Part Deux.Jennifer%20Aniston.jpg
Great first pick babe. Thanks.
I don't like the new thread.I quit.
Resignation defuckingnied. You need to be here. Put those away and be happy.
Ya, I know. It just doesn't seem right. It doesn't feel like the majestic masterpiece of mundaneness that is was.
It will in time. Give it time.
rac·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rszm)n. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others. Discrimination or prejudice based on race. Expressing a preference isn't racism, it's closer to bigotrybig·ot·ry ( P ) Pronunciation Key (bg-tr)n. The attitude, state of mind, or behavior characteristic of a bigot; intolerance.which leads us to bigot:big·ot ( P ) Pronunciation Key (bgt)n. One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.people use the words like they're synonyms, and they're not. In the marriage question, the attitude is clearly one of intolerance, hence bigot.
good point, never even thought of the bigotry angle
Ok, so our thread is finally too damn slow for our normal antics. Alas, we must bid adieu to the old and bonjour to the new.So it begins the FCP At Work Crew Part Deux.Jennifer%20Aniston.jpg
Great first pick babe. Thanks.
It was Renae's idea. Sorry you missed page one. Turd.
good point, never even thought of the bigotry angle
I agree with the bigotry definition as the one you are looking for. I hope my kids marry people they love and respect. I would like their mates to share some ideology with them and some hobbies and likes and dislikes. I'm not so worried about the race/religion issue.