FCPHA: Big Table in the Back

Where my mind is (or how really fucked up I am)I alternate between missing her and being really pissed off at her. My heart wants her back and my head says I'm a big moron. I haven't been happy for a couple of years and haven't had any security in the relationship for many years so I do realize that a lot of things would have to change to make it work. But at this point I don't think she has any interest in getting back together and I don't want anyone else.Here is the thing. How long do I wait before I really broach the issue, or should I do it at all?I talked with her for the first time in 4 weeks today (I haven't been answering her phone calls) and I was able to say a few things I needed to say, how she reacts to this is yet to be seen. The game is tickling the dragons tail.So I'm gonna do nothing at all. Make any sense?
:(I can't give you any advice but to hang in there. Things will get better.
  • Replies 347.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

He does deserve it. Maybe he'll win the vote for the final spot.Tough competition at 1B. You know Pujols is going to make it, and Howard is a bigger name/draw plus his manager chose the reserves. Could've carried 3 1B's though.
Adrian Gonzalez is the 3rd 1B and only Padre on the team. I think Votto will eventually get on the team somehow. Since it's an AL park they'll have the DH too.
Magic 8 Ball says outcome probable.Did I tell you I'm learning 'Hurt'? It's actually quite easy other than the combo pick/strum during the verses that I can't quite make sound like I want it to.
That's pretty damn awesome!
You know how some bands like Pearl Jam and RadioHead are prophetic?"Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good."So I'm thinking Prince is not one of the prophetic ones.
No kidding. I used to love Prince so much. Erotic City, Darling Nikki, Little Red Corvette...these songs opened my eyes. They taught me that there were no boundaries in music, and they taught me that sex was awesome and you can talk about it instead of doing it quietly in a dark room like it's some dirty secret.

Sorry you're sick ren, feel better soon.Grats on getting that first day under the belt sam.Good evening folks, caught up. Got up to 97 here today, nice and toasty.

Conner and I made a duct tape wallet. He checked out a book on how to make cool stuff with duct tape from the library this afternoon.

Adrian Gonzalez is the 3rd 1B and only Padre on the team. I think Votto will eventually get on the team somehow. Since it's an AL park they'll have the DH too.
Ah, didn't realize Adrian also made it.
Magic 8 Ball says outcome probable.Did I tell you I'm learning 'Hurt'? It's actually quite easy other than the combo pick/strum during the verses that I can't quite make sound like I want it to.
I didn't know you played guitar. That's awesome. If you ever wanna talk music theory, you come find me!I had no idea this place had so many musicians. That old guitar thread really surprised me.
I didn't know you played guitar. That's awesome. If you ever wanna talk music theory, you come find me!I had no idea this place had so many musicians. That old guitar thread really surprised me.
Hey Jeff! Where you been hiding?I actually just started. Got the guitar for Christmas. I've only been playing about 6 months or so. I can strum out the basic chords. Single note picking is still tough for me now.
Hey Jeff! Where you been hiding?I actually just started. Got the guitar for Christmas. I've only been playing about 6 months or so. I can strum out the basic chords. Single note picking is still tough for me now.
I've been caught up with work and playing in 2 bands (bass) and kinda forgot about this place. Now that work has slowed down I can afford to start wasting my life away on here again while getting paid for it. are you taking lessons or self-teaching? I played guitar since I was 11 and switched to bass about a year ago. I always wanted to play bass, but my old guitar teacher convinced me to learn guitar first and it kind of stuck for a while. The best thing I can pass along from my old teacher is to anchor the side/heel of your picking hand against the bridge and pick using only your wrist (it's good for any kind of playing, but especially for single notes) as well as using the strict-alternate-picking approach. Basically means to stick to up and down alternating attacks while picking. In the beginning it's a bit awkward, but it builds up your technique and makes everything else easier when you start learning tougher parts.It always helps to start simple, practice up and down attacks on single repeating notes to get the feel of your hand being held at the bridge, and then go from there. You'll be melting faces in no timeedit: I found those CDs you burned for me a while back the other day when I was looking for new music to rip to my ipod. memories.....
I've been caught up with work and playing in 2 bands (bass) and kinda forgot about this place. Now that work has slowed down I can afford to start wasting my life away on here again while getting paid for it. are you taking lessons or self-teaching? I played guitar since I was 11 and switched to bass about a year ago. I always wanted to play bass, but my old guitar teacher convinced me to learn guitar first and it kind of stuck for a while. The best thing I can pass along from my old teacher is to anchor the side/heel of your picking hand against the bridge and pick using only your wrist (it's good for any kind of playing, but especially for single notes) as well as using the strict-alternate-picking approach. Basically means to stick to up and down alternating attacks while picking. In the beginning it's a bit awkward, but it builds up your technique and makes everything else easier when you start learning tougher parts.It always helps to start simple, practice up and down attacks on single repeating notes to get the feel of your hand being held at the bridge, and then go from there. You'll be melting faces in no timeedit: I found those CDs you burned for me a while back the other day when I was looking for new music to rip to my ipod. memories.....
I can't even remember now what I burned for you. Incubus?I'm sort of taking lessons and self teaching both. My brother in law has been playing all his life and is classically trained. He's helping me a lot. I'm also getting help via the net from a guy who is a studio musician - email and webcam lessons, stuff like that. Then, I'm just reading a lot and watching a lot of guitarists play and playing a lot. So I'm really doing a little of everything.I just spent about 20 minutes practicing it with the heel of my hand on the bridge and that really does help a lot. I keep forgetting that it's okay to touch the guitar, you know? I keep pulling away from it when I need to do just the opposite. I end up moving just slightly away because I guess I think I'm gonna change the sound somehow or something and by the end of a song, I'm way out of position. I even do it with my pinky finger when I'm not using it. Like if I'm strumming a C chord or something like that that doesn't require my pinky, my pinky will end up sticking out like it's trying to run away from the rest of my fingers or something. I have to make a conscious effort to keep it right there next to my ring finger. I do that with everything. Fingers, hands, all of it - I just slowly move away from the instrument. I've got to break that habit.So anyway, yeah resting the heel of my hand on the bridge works really well plus I think that will help me to break that moving away habit.