FCPHA: Big Table in the Back

So the babysitter messages me earlier.While Bray was eating the PB & J sandwich she made him for lunch he comes up with this gem:Allie, this sandwich tastes like fart.

• Replies 347.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

So the babysitter messages me earlier.While Bray was eating the PB & J sandwich she made him for lunch he comes up with this gem:Allie, this sandwich tastes like fart.
I'm going to have to retake these quizes.
Both made me laugh. Your kid kicks ass.I was HW for political leader and some guy I can't remember now for military leader.
Are you saying you walk alot....or are using drunk/stoned math?
see below
I actually agree with Shaver. For me, I think I cover a lot more ground on foot than the average person in a year and drink a lot more booze, too. I estimated that I get about 60 mpg, roughly.
Awesome.

Unfuckingbelievable. The crier just booked off 2 additional days of vacation with out getting my authorization first. She only has 8 days, we've given her an addition 5 and she just and booked a flight that requires another 2. Then has the audacity to tell me that her vacation is from a to b. CB: They didn't have any flights that returned when my vacation is up.Me: So you booked it to return a couple of days earlier.

Unfuckingbelievable. The crier just booked off 2 additional days of vacation with out getting my authorization first. She only has 8 days, we've given her an addition 5 and she just and booked a flight that requires another 2. Then has the audacity to tell me that her vacation is from a to b. CB: They didn't have any flights that returned when my vacation is up.Me: So you booked it to return a couple of days earlier.
Disciplinary action?
Someone needs a drink.
My Co-worker did the same thing. I was booked for Vegas for Thurs-Mon but then I changed it AFTER I got my bosses permission of the extra day off. Then my co-worker started freaking out because she had just bought plane tickets to Punta Cana and it overlaps my days now.. however she didn't have ANY vacation approval at all. My boss was quite pissed..What do you do in that situation as a boss?
My Co-worker did the same thing. I was booked for Vegas for Thurs-Mon but then I changed it AFTER I got my bosses permission of the extra day off. Then my co-worker started freaking out because she had just bought plane tickets to Punta Cana and it overlaps my days now.. however she didn't have ANY vacation approval at all. My boss was quite pissed..What do you do in that situation as a boss?
It quite frankly depends on too many other variables for there to be a standard response to this question.I'd look at normal performance, value to the company, size of the company, precedent I'd be setting, who all would know said precedent,......Do I want to make an example of said individual, had I been wanting them gone prior? Is it the opposite?
Someone needs a drink.
The point here is she's a contract worker with a set number of vacation days. We've already had a talk with her about scheduling her trips around her alloted vacation instead of scheduling her days off after she books. We're running short staffed as is due to some long term illnesses (2 people are off on cancer treatments). But this girl is bugging for us to bring her on permanently but just can't seem to grasp the concept of what goes on in the working world, and as a contract working she doesn't seem to realize we can drop her with 2 weeks notice at the drop of a hat. I've already written one email to vent deleted and have written a second one and sent to my boss to see if there's anything she'd like to add. Basically, at this point I've told her that while I disagree I've authorized it. I don't believe I'll be renewing her contract though.
The point here is she's a contract worker.I don't believe I'll be renewing her contract though.
And this is a huge point as well. Not that it's exactly the same, but when we have temps, and the temps miss days, or need too much of this, or too much of that, I just call the temp agency and say, I don't think we'll be needing so and so anymore. If you're contract or temp-to-hire, then you just don't pull this shit if you're looking to be brought on full-time.
Basically, at this point I've told her that while I disagree I've authorized it. I don't believe I'll be renewing her contract though.
Perpetuating the "there is no cause and effect" phenomena! Nothing will change until we MAKE it change.When did it become against the law to say, "No!"
Perpetuating the "there is no cause and effect" phenomena! Nothing will change until we MAKE it change.When did it become against the law to say, "No!"
You know the answer to this. You're just trying to act like the tough guy.
“Vision without action is Hallucination.”
First time I've actually come across it. My bossed replied not give her the extra days. If she leaves she leaves.
First time I've actually come across it. My bossed replied not give her the extra days. If she leaves she leaves.
Now Norm can call you a pussy for not recommending that in the first place, and all will be right with the world.