FCPHA: Big Table in the Back

Dave just called me from the hospital. Poker game got robbed and he got beat up. He says he's okay and to stay home.
Sucky. Glad to hear he's alright.
  • Replies 347.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

Sucky. Glad to hear he's alright.
I'm really tempted to go to the hospital, but Raist is here and I don't want to leave him. I'm not sure they'd let me back in the ER anyway, I suppose. He just couldn't talk to give me anymore details.
I'm really tempted to go to the hospital, but Raist is here and I don't want to leave him. I'm not sure they'd let me back in the ER anyway, I suppose. He just couldn't talk to give me anymore details.
Neighbour? text message him?
Dave just called me from the hospital. Poker game got robbed and he got beat up. He says he's okay and to stay home.
Damn. That sucks, K. Hope it's nothing too serious.
Neighbour? text message him?
He called from a number I didn't recognize. I'm not sure he got out of there with his phone. I'll text him and see what happens. Good idea. I hate to wake the neighbors this late if Dave says he's okay. I assume he drove himself otherwise he'd tell me he needed a ride, I guess. I asked him if he had his wallet in case I needed to cancel credit cards. He said it was left at the guy's house who runs the game.
He called from a number I didn't recognize him. I'm not sure he got out of there with his phone. I'll text him and see what happens. Good idea. I hate to wake the neighbors this late if Dave says he's okay. I assume he drove himself otherwise he'd tell me he needed a ride, I guess. I asked him if he had his wallet in case I needed to cancel credit cards. He said it was left at the guy's house who runs the game.
Crap.
Crap.
Yeah, so I don't know if it's safe there and for whatever reason he left it or if the credit cards have been ripped off. He seemed to be in full control of his senses and surprisingly in good humor about the whole thing. I suppose if he knew the cards had been ripped off he would have said something to me about cancelling. Fuck, I just wish I knew for sure. We're supposed to go to his mom's tomorrow for his grandma's birthday and to pick up Conner. If they messed up his face, there is no way he can go. I'll have to say he's sick or something. Apparently they are checking him out, but he claims to be okay. I hate not knowing what's going on.
Yeah, so I don't know if it's safe there and for whatever reason he left it or if the credit cards have been ripped off. He seemed to be in full control of his senses and surprisingly in good humor about the whole thing. I suppose if he knew the cards had been ripped off he would have said something to me about cancelling. Fuck, I just wish I knew for sure. We're supposed to go to his mom's tomorrow for his grandma's birthday and to pick up Conner. If they messed up his face, there is no way he can go. I'll have to say he's sick or something. Apparently they are checking him out, but he claims to be okay. I hate not knowing what's going on.
I hear you.If Dave says he's ok, you gotta trust his judgment of the situation and just stay put till you hear from him I guess. If he needed you to do anything, I would think he would have told you.
I hear you.If Dave says he's ok, you gotta trust his judgment of the situation and just stay put till you hear from him I guess. If he needed you to do anything, I would think he would have told you.
Yeah, you're right. If he needs something I suppose I'll find out soon enough.
I tried to look it up real quick because this made me curious, what is the average tenure of a manager in MLB. Seems to me it would be higher than the other sports, just seems like there isn't as much of a coaching carousel like the NFL and NBA have.Cox, Torre and LaRussa have been with their teams for over 10 years.
Mike Scioscia has been with the Angels for 7 years too. There are a lot who were hired in 03-04 who are going getting close to the 5 year range.
I didn't mean that, literally, "No one manages for more than 10 years anymore", I meant that, "With few exceptions, no one manages for 10 years anymore." All the guys you're talking about have been hugely succesful(World Series wins?) and are pretty well legends of the game. They're not Joe Girardi.
You should of folded preflop
Should HAVE or Should've, you fucking twit.
That blows. Hope he didn't get roughed up too bad.

Dave was shot. They didnt' get anything important. He's getting discharged from the hospital and has to go to the police dept. Gotta go meet him there.

Dave was shot. They didnt' get anything important. He's getting discharged from the hospital and has to go to the police dept. Gotta go meet him there.
Holy Sh1t sorry to hear that hope everything works out. :club: I'm glad he will be O.K. Keep us updated.I'll keep your husband in my prayers.
Holy Sh1t sorry to hear that hope everything works out. :club: I'm glad he will be O.K. Keep us updated.I'll keep your husband in my prayers.
Thanks.
What? Where? Good lord, glad he says he's fine.
OMG.. I am so sorry. I am glad he said he was ok. Please update us as soon as you can! :club:
Thoughts and prayers for the Pro.
That's terrible K, hope he's doing ok.
They made me prepay the entire reservation so I did. Its like $38.50 per person for 18 holes to ride. I paid for 7 people since I wasnt sure if Nancy was a golfer or was just going. I reserved 8 spots though (2 foursomes) so its very simple to add her and pay another $38.50 if she wants to play, but either way she can ride around on the cart since she is an odd wo/man ooot.Weather is suppose to be 95 and partly cloudy. I should have left that part for Nashville Party Info though.
No problem, i think there really is gonna be 1 foursome that plays and one that just rides and makes fun of ya'll.it could deteriorate real quick! haha

I called Kristen on my way to the airport. She was almost to the police dept and had spoke to Dave once but had not seen him. Says he's fine and thinks he was shot somewhere in his side area but nothing major she said. Was worried they may charge him with playing cards since they made him go to the station and not take his statement from the hospital.

Nice, this was our exchange when Chicken texted me today:Chicken: General Jackson is very casual. T-shirt, shorts, sandles (yes, that's how he spelled it) all acceptable.Me: Cool. I'm going topless. Make sure the women do the same.Chicken: Raquel says going with a T-shirt is the new topless.
I lol'd..Moving to my new office…be back later (I hope)
OUCH!Are we talking beat up beat up or just pistol whipped?
Ah ha. So, Fleshwound, grazing or through a non-vital area?