• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

Things like being old and unable to perform sexually anymore depresses the hell out of me!
sorry to hear that man, just remember it doesnt make you less of a person
Congrats KeithThat is some crazy money that James282 brings in! Insane!
he's been a luckbox for 2 years! that's just unreal! good for him....
Ok, so I gotta comment on this one. On Sept 11th, then Sgt. Kuhfahl was about to board a DoD shuttle bus that runs from my building (Navy Annex) to the Pentagon. The two buildings are about 500 yards apart. I was heading to office spaces to scout furniture to bring from the Pentagon to my office. I boarded the 0838 shuttle bus to the Pentagon that morning. Thank god it was that one and Not the one that went 15 minutes earlier, which Would have put me in the Pentagon prior to the plane. So, as we are rolling down the hill to the Pentagon, we can hear this plane, we see it clip an antennae on the top of my building, prior to it making a right handed turn, clipping a sign over the highway the runs between my building and the Pentagon, hit the ground, and then into the walls of the Pentagon. I saw that fireball that you see in this film about 3-400 yards in front of me. I Felt the heat emerge from that thing, it literally shook the bus that I was on. You don't see the most powerful building in the world on fire too many times in your life. But I'll tell you that it was real as shit. I'll tell you that all those families who had Kids on that plane, they know it's real as shit too. Everyone has a conspiracy theory, and everyone is entitled to their views/opinions on the matter. But I'll tell you right now, that I'd be dead if I had caught the bus I was originally supposed to be on. Dead from burning up in jet fuel flames that burned ALL of the office space that I was about to enter to scout furniture. I watched this happen and won't ever forget it...
My sister dropped her husband off that morning at 7:00 am at Newark Airport and kissed him goodbye. He was off to catch his United Airlines flight to Florida. His flight had the same departue time as flight 93.She goes home and puts on the television. A plane crashed into the WTC.. Hmm weird accident.. Then another crashes.. wow that was NOT an accident.. She starts calling the airlines, she can not get through, all the phone lines in the New York and New Jersey area are full. You got constant "no service" "No open lines" messages when you try to dial out. Now the news reports that a United flight our of Newark Airport was hijacked. They do not know the flight number or the original destination of the plane. My sister can NOT get through to the airlines, Newark Airport, the police AT ALL.. No One.. She is hysterical, crying, yelling doing everything she can to find out where her husband is.. she got NOTHING.. We were all trying.. my entire family was freaking out.. all the while seeing the World Trade Center Burning down outside their windows.. It wasn't until hours later did they release the information of the flight number etc.. My sisters husband called her from his cell phone.. He was landed in some rinky dink tiny private airport in North Carolina.. He had no idea why, the pilot had NO idea why. He was just told to land the plane NOW.. My sister heard him on the phone and went to pieces.. he was ok.. She told him WHY he was there.. he broke down and started crying.. He went to tell the pilot who was also just standing around in the aiport.. the pilot actually fell to his knees and went hysterical from fear.. My Brother In Law rented the first car he was able to get his hands on and drove all the way home. He has never flown again.. No one in my family will ever forget it as well.. I don't think anyone in this area ever will..

From Boortz.comMEDIA GETS PHONE STORY WRONGWith great fanfare, USA Today reported last week that AT&T, Bellsouth and Verizon were systematically handing over telephone records to the NSA. People were outraged...their private phone calls were being shared with the government. But there's only one problem. At least in the case of 2 out of 3 of those companies, it doesn't look like the story is true. Bellsouth has come forward and said their investigation turned up "no contract with the NSA and we are confident that we have turned over no phone records." Oops. So what does USA Today say? They said they contacted Bellsouth a day before the story ran and since the phone company didn't dispute the story, they took it to mean it was true. Guilty until proven innocent. Now here comes Verizon. They announced yesterday that they did not provide any call records to the NSA. Strike two on USA Today. Verizon went even further, saying any media reports that suggested they did otherwise were completely false...a total fabrication. USA Today says they are "investigating." It makes you wonder just what else is printed in the paper that's made up.

You don't have to be funny cause you're pretty.
You really are pretty. I mean, you can't hide beauty like that....Not even behind those eyebrows.
you do realize you dont have to be "the pro" at everything right?
I used to work at a freight company. A story:Once I was doing hazardous materials paperwork on a container of concentrated flavoring into an aircraft container. We started coughing a bit, but it didn't seem like much. It turns out the container was leaking. I then went to the restroom. I neglected (quite amazingly stupidly) to wash my hands first. No immediate problems. But after a few hours, I was pretty sure my **** was going to burn off. I seriously considered calling a doctor, but I think he would've just laughed at me.So, since they paid me, I guess I'm also a professional almost-burn-offer-of-my-****.
Apparently my write-up of how pointless my trip to Iowa was last week was "extremely well written" according to my boss.It's nice to know that I can bitch in such an eloquent manner.
Your boss reads the thread? Congrats, Keith!
done with catchup. I just want to weigh in on zim's brashness, I agree with what everyone is sayin. I'm gonna provide a link of someone that I respect a lot. He's only 23(maybe 24 now) and is one of the biggest winners at the big limits(100/200, 50/100, 10/20 NL). He is a great person and is very humble about himself. I think that more people that play big limits well should emulate him. He also gives a lot of hope for those of us who are grinding our way up. When I met him back in oct I was shocked that he was two years younger then me2 years being a pro
I wish I had a group of people like he talks about to kind of grow up in poker with. There are a lot of success stories about people in groups like that (including DN).
I used to work at a freight company. A story:Once I was doing hazardous materials paperwork on a container of concentrated flavoring into an aircraft container. We started coughing a bit, but it didn't seem like much. It turns out the container was leaking. I then went to the restroom. I neglected (quite amazingly stupidly) to wash my hands first. No immediate problems. But after a few hours, I was pretty sure my **** was going to burn off. I seriously considered calling a doctor, but I think he would've just laughed at me.So, since they paid me, I guess I'm also a professional almost-burn-offer-of-my-****.
I don't want that job, thank you.
No one in my family will ever forget it as well.. I don't think anyone in this area ever will..
wow!
From Boortz.comMEDIA GETS PHONE STORY WRONGWith great fanfare, USA Today reported last week that AT&T, Bellsouth and Verizon were systematically handing over telephone records to the NSA. People were outraged...their private phone calls were being shared with the government. But there's only one problem. At least in the case of 2 out of 3 of those companies, it doesn't look like the story is true. Bellsouth has come forward and said their investigation turned up "no contract with the NSA and we are confident that we have turned over no phone records." Oops. So what does USA Today say? They said they contacted Bellsouth a day before the story ran and since the phone company didn't dispute the story, they took it to mean it was true. Guilty until proven innocent. Now here comes Verizon. They announced yesterday that they did not provide any call records to the NSA. Strike two on USA Today. Verizon went even further, saying any media reports that suggested they did otherwise were completely false...a total fabrication. USA Today says they are "investigating." It makes you wonder just what else is printed in the paper that's made up.
I believe all the comics. js
sorry to hear that man, just remember it doesnt make you less of a person
It's depressing that supposedly normal "intelligent people" would believe this crap!have you read this thread!http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...showtopic=61013
That is some crazy money that James282 brings in! Insane!
I was talking to him and another player in a cab as we were going to a NYC club to play/donk around back in oct and he was telling me what it was like dropping 20K in a day for the first time. Kinda put my dropping 700 in a day(at that time, I've now done worse since) in perspective. He recently placed like 23rd or 24th on the Reno event, and if it wasn't for a big suckout in one pot, and then a tough 60/40 against barry greenstein, he would've had a really good shot at making the final table
Thanks, Puppy. I had read part of that but not all of it.It cracked me up where he said he was "at most a 5-4 favorite over Alf because he'd never seen Alf play". That is not confidence, that is cockiness.
Kid Rock seemed appropriate here...They say I'm cocky, and I say What?It aint braggin' motherfu.cker if ya back it up
Jeff and I have talked about this alot. For me, it's the money and the thrill, which is why I've always played NL, and so don't really think about it in BB. I've tried to be more disciplined, but it's still the gamble in me. For Jeff, he can sit and grind out 5BB/100 at small limits, and he enjoys that, but I look at it as, how'd I just sit here playing really well at $.50/$1 and make less than minimum wage. I know that building up the bankroll and then moving up levels increases that, but I don't have the patience...since for me, it's more about the score, than the marathon achievement.
I can sort of relate to this. I have NEVER abided by the BB rule needed for buying in. I learned "POKER" the hard way. 1st time I played "REAL" holdem and omaha 8/b was at at a 10/20 Limit game several years ago and I literally spent several thousand dollars learning the game. I gradually got better, read ALOT of books and play most every game well now, better than average. I LOVE this game so mush I cannot describe in words, but I have gone "broke" several times because of the limits I play. If you can't understand that, then you just don't or have not played high enough. I go bust then I move down and grind for a bit but I will ALWAYS play at the bigger limits. I CAN and DO beat the bigger limits. When I say go "BROKE", it's different than you may think. I have had many months of big wins, my biggest month ever was over $27,000 and I used that to buy ALOT of things and pay ALOT of bills etc, so when I say broke, I mean BROKE and not able to play the limits I like to play and can make the most $$ at, not BROKE in the traditional sense of the word. I have borrowed, been staked and have ALWAYS paid back the cash ALWAYS, TRUST is everything when borrowing or getting staked. If you read Daniels Blog last week he wrote this..When I play at Shadow Creek we don't exactly play for $5 a hole. Frankly, I hesitate to even tell you what we play for because, well, most of you just wouldn't understand.There is one core characteristic that helps a poker player reach the highest levels, playing $4000-$8000, that is absolutely necessary: fearlessness. Most of you would call that being a "degenerate gambler" and you might not be all that far off!Doyle Brunson once said about the players in the big game, "We are all degenerate gamblers, we are just lucky that we were able to find something we could beat."Now I don't think you have to be a complete sicko to succeed at the highest levels, but if you have no "gamble" to you, it's totally impossible for you to ever reach the big game. This is such a true statement. I just wanted to write a bit about this because I know what some or all of you are going through and I have been there at a bigger level than you may be even to imagine.Any comments I would love to hear as this is interesting to me.
in all honesty, anyone who relies on the USA Today for getting their real news stories of the day deserves to be duped. The USA Today has always been barely on the other side of being a tabloid. When I read it, I never read the front page section as I know that everything in that section is generally crap
I wish I had a group of people like he talks about to kind of grow up in poker with. There are a lot of success stories about people in groups like that (including DN).
2+2 was a lot different back then. It was a much smaller community so people became friends very fast and talked poker all the time via the forums and AIM. Its so big now and a lot of the best posters barely talk strat anymore on the forum. This forum has kinda turned into that already, and the strat talk was never anywhere near as good as it was at 2p2
Maybe it's just me, but I think that type of confidence is needed to be a really successful player. It's a fine line, and he might be crossing it, but if it works for him who cares.
There is something to that. Confidence is everthing.