• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

morning all.agree with Whiskey, I do well at sng's but I donk it up when bored or play more than one at a time. Nice to see you all. Have a wonderful day.

I just really don't understand that mentality at all. I mean, from the very beginning, everything I've ever learned about poker from every book and every person who's ever helped me has always stressed that it's not money, it's BB. Have you never thought of it as BBs? Or did you at one time and have recently changed your thought pattern?
Jeff and I have talked about this alot. For me, it's the money and the thrill, which is why I've always played NL, and so don't really think about it in BB. I've tried to be more disciplined, but it's still the gamble in me. For Jeff, he can sit and grind out 5BB/100 at small limits, and he enjoys that, but I look at it as, how'd I just sit here playing really well at $.50/$1 and make less than minimum wage. I know that building up the bankroll and then moving up levels increases that, but I don't have the patience...since for me, it's more about the score, than the marathon achievement.
I seriously need to learn how play.. or is it that in the $.15-$.30 levels people just never fold?? If I could ever work this stupid $200 up to a couple of grand it would be like a dream for me. I wish I could throw around $2000 like you guys do.. Baby steps I guess.. I think I need to take a trip to the bookstore and read a few more books while I am at it..I have a dream that I need quite a few thousand dollars for and I was hoping that one day I would actually make that dream come true.. apparently my poker skills are not going to help me attain that money hehe..
buy SSHE , .15/.30 games where people don't fold should be the most profitable. When I started playing limit I played .05/.10 , .10/.20 and .25/.50 for probably 2-3 months. When you get to .25/.50 and .50/1 you can pad your BR alot with bonuses. I made something like $300 last year playing limit but about $600 more in bonuses and another $400 in freerolls that I qualified for playing limit.
I like to bowl a lot…I just really really suck at it…My average is somewhere around 70. Its really another number, but I'm just not gonna post it. I won't give u guys the pleasure…..
umm it's not like 70 is a good score either
I used to be very methodical in BR management and bb/100 starting all the way at 0.25/$0.50 moving up everytime I would reach 300bb until I capped out at $5/$10. At some point I started thinking about winning $ instead of winning bets, not sure exactly when, but I do recognize it and realize its a problem so meh, take it for what its worth.
You should come back down to .50/1 and play with me. :club:
Bwahahaha. Find something cooler to brag about.....and I'm taking Henry over you, anyhow.
hmmmm....something cooler? ok....one time...i saw jenna jameson nekkid @ one of the strip clubs 'round here. i got to touch her boobs. :club: is that cooler?
morning all.agree with Whiskey, I do well at sng's but I donk it up when bored or play more than one at a time. Nice to see you all. Have a wonderful day.
I miss You Mr. Mexico!!!! I :club: You!!!
*yawn*....my average is 205 :club: ...ok...so i'm braggin'...since ISAP, i feel i gotta be better than y'all at SOMETHING!LOL....i'll just spit in his thumbhole :D
well, you have me beat! i think my average is like 137 or something. I'm just there for the beer anyways! league nights = $5.00 pitchers!
I like to bowl a lot…I just really really suck at it…My average is somewhere around 70. Its really another number, but I'm just not gonna post it. I won't give u guys the pleasure…..
you'd do well on our league. most of the girlies also have the 69 average. We've done all the jokes already.
Only if you are going off the coast of Alaska from November to January...Mine is a 140 hehe
got me beat! hehe....
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA*deep breath*BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*inhale*Whew! Good one.
Yeah, when I saw that in the Sick Thread, I felt the need to comment (I'm sure you're all shocked. Here's my post:
Dear Zimmer,When your forum title was Tournament/Cash Game Master, I thought that was pretty arrogant. Obviously, I was wrong, since your new title just blows the old title out of the water on the arrogance scale. Congrats,Jeffrey
Jeff and I have talked about this alot. For me, it's the money and the thrill, which is why I've always played NL, and so don't really think about it in BB. I've tried to be more disciplined, but it's still the gamble in me. For Jeff, he can sit and grind out 5BB/100 at small limits, and he enjoys that, but I look at it as, how'd I just sit here playing really well at $.50/$1 and make less than minimum wage. I know that building up the bankroll and then moving up levels increases that, but I don't have the patience...since for me, it's more about the score, than the marathon achievement.
I just have a whole different attitude about it than you guys do. Not saying that I'm right and you're wrong. I'm not saying that at all. Just pointing out the difference. For me, poker is a hobby. It's something I enjoy. It engages my brain. So, if I play for 4 hours and walk away even or up, then I've had 4 hours of fun and it didn't cost me a cent. It keeps me from chasing that adrenaline but on the reverse side, it probably keeps me from having the drive needed to ever make poker more than a hobby too.
hmmmm....something cooler? ok....one time...i saw jenna jameson nekkid @ one of the strip clubs 'round here. i got to touch her boobs. :club: is that cooler?
Yeah, because no one else has ever touched those before.....

ok, so the plan is to leave here tonight, point the car west and get off the highway at Exit 33 where we will spend an evening of gambling and possibly a fine dinner at Turning Stone. There will be an overnight stay with poker in the morning.

im seriously done with poker for awhile except maybe the negreanu opens or some small buyin tournaments.
Bummer, man. Take it easy for a while and lay low. It usually helps me when I take a break.
yea, but have you gotten beeerains in a limo?
I just have a whole different attitude about it than you guys do. Not saying that I'm right and you're wrong. I'm not saying that at all. Just pointing out the difference. For me, poker is a hobby. It's something I enjoy. It engages my brain. So, if I play for 4 hours and walk away even or up, then I've had 4 hours of fun and it didn't cost me a cent. It keeps me from chasing that adrenaline but on the reverse side, it probably keeps me from having the drive needed to ever make poker more than a hobby too.
It's a hobby for me too but when I start loosing because I am playing bad it's no longer fun. That's when I need a break to re-focus. Besides it's a good time for a break with all the family shvit going on over the next couple of weeks
It's a hobby for me, too. Like I said, I haven't really made any significant money lately. It's more the thrill and the gamble and the instant gratification for me. I'll move in at a NLHE cash game, or take a bluff way to far when I know I'm beat, rather than play smart. Then I'll go back and grind out a sng or something to win the buy-in back. I'll yo-yo around, and have fun, more for the thrill and the hobby, than making money. However, the gambler in me also needs to action to be big enough for the thrill to be there. If I ever took a more methodical approach to the hobby, I could probably win some money.
Bummer, man. Take it easy for a while and lay low. It usually helps me when I take a break.
it's hard for me to take a break when i'm on a poker forum and see all these people winning money....i get greedy like that
ok, so the plan is to leave here tonight, point the car west and get off the highway at Exit 33 where we will spend an evening of gambling and possibly a fine dinner at Turning Stone. There will be an overnight stay with poker in the morning.
Have a great time Cliffe!!!