FCPHA: Big Table in the Back

SAM's hump day song.Some things in life are badThey can really make you madOther things just make you swear and curse.When you're chewing on life's gristleDon't grumble, give a whistleAnd this'll help things turn out for the best...And...always look on the bright side of life... Always look on the light side of life...
That has nothing to do with humping at all. Try again.Good morning, my little cookies.
  • Replies 347.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

*yawn*....my average is 205 :club: ...ok...so i'm braggin'...since ISAP, i feel i gotta be better than y'all at SOMETHING!
ya bum!You and michael should have a who can bum the most money in the shortest amount of time contest. Michael is my horse and I am confident he can take you down.homelessguy2.jpg
But god damn. that kid was good! i don't know what he ended up with, but he had an 800ish series. Pro bowlers don't do this! unreal!
Wow he must have been flying on adrenalin!I remember the only time I made it to the 10th frame perfect my knees were shaking so hard it was all I could do to throw the ball at all. Closest I ever got. I still call it my 300 game because I finished perfect the game before. 12 in a row, that counts doesn't it?
Wow he must have been flying on adrenalin!I remember the only time I made it to the 10th frame perfect my knees were shaking so hard it was all I could do to throw the ball at all. Closest I ever got. I still call it my 300 game because I finished perfect the game before. 12 in a row, that counts doesn't it?
i think there's an actual name for that....can't think of it right now
FU (a day early)I realized I started making it about money. When I first started playing it was about having fun and if I made some money along the way then so be it. I need to get back to the mentality of it doesnt matter if its $0.05/$0.10 or $5/$10 and focus on BB not $. I currently am not in the mindset to do that so I am taking a break.
when you do get back at it, why not leave most of your BR in neteller?
I have the same problem. I don't like playing in my limits, but I don't have a disciplined enough poker game either to sit and grind it out. I also strayed from what I was doing best, which was SNGs after I had a bad streak, and even in a SNG I'll make a stupid call at times when I know I'm beat but I'm bored. Anyhow, I took a bit of a break, and other than one small episode Sunday morning, I've been playing prett solidly. Actually started making money again. The problem is the taste of money. I know that all to well.Before I went to Vegas last year, when my bankroll was about 3K, I was playing mostly $50 and $100 sngs, and even some $200 sngs on Empire/Party. I was on a tear. Then, I spent/gambled most of my bankroll in Vegas, which I had planned to do, and left myself with just a few hundred dollars online. Going back to $5 and $10 sngs just seemed boring, and not worth the time since now I'm looking to make $19 or $39 for a win, when previously I was making $89 for 3rd or $389 for a win, in the same amount of time. I switched to NL cash games, short handed, and had a nice run, but then got crazy again and was back down to a few hunred. I've been kicking around there for a while, and haven't had to deposit at all since last March, still, but not really making any money. I finally feel like I turned it back around, though, by just playing one or two sngs at a time, and really focusing. Outside of the occasional tough beat, I've been able to work back up to a reasonable bankroll level.Good idea to take some time off. Just remember that you can play, and you don't make it all back in a day. Either that, or send Zim an IM, since he's "The New KidPoker", and maybe he'll help you out.
It is funny.. if I really concentrate and fold whern I know I'm beat, I actually can win the SNG's. I am still really bad at cash games.. well at poker in general.I started my FCP account with $30.00. I won that Protege tourny and won the $200. I have never reached into my pocket again. Yet I have never gotten that $230 up to $300.I seriously need to learn how play.. or is it that in the $.15-$.30 levels people just never fold?? If I could ever work this stupid $200 up to a couple of grand it would be like a dream for me. I wish I could throw around $2000 like you guys do.. Baby steps I guess.. I think I need to take a trip to the bookstore and read a few more books while I am at it..I have a dream that I need quite a few thousand dollars for and I was hoping that one day I would actually make that dream come true.. apparently my poker skills are not going to help me attain that money hehe..

I like to bowl a lot…I just really really suck at it…My average is somewhere around 70. Its really another number, but I'm just not gonna post it. I won't give u guys the pleasure…..

Good idea to take some time off. Just remember that you can play, and you don't make it all back in a day. Either that, or send Zim an IM, since he's "The New KidPoker", and maybe he'll help you out.
Huh? Where'd that come from?
when you do get back at it, why not leave most of your BR in neteller?
Well the fact I only have $600 now really only leaves me at technically a $1/$2 BR level so not much to leave in neteller, but if i get back up to where I was $3000 - $5000 then I will do that for sure.
ya bum!You and michael should have a who can bum the most money in the shortest amount of time contest. Michael is my horse and I am confident he can take you down.homelessguy2.jpg
i heard he got skillz :club:
blah....so you're sayin' when i go crabbin'....it's dangerous? :club:
Only if you are going off the coast of Alaska from November to January...
*yawn*....my average is 205 :D
Mine is a 140 hehe
I have a dream that I need quite a few thousand dollars for
awwww....i'll give you a discount...you can have me for only 1.5k :club:
thanks for sharing that, all true. i played quite a bit of 10/20 lately when my BR was about $3000 (half of what it should have been to really play that level). After you win a couple huge $300 or so pots it makes it really tough to go play 2/4 again where an average pot is probably only $30 or so. I will do it though, I'm determined.
I just really don't understand that mentality at all. I mean, from the very beginning, everything I've ever learned about poker from every book and every person who's ever helped me has always stressed that it's not money, it's BB. Have you never thought of it as BBs? Or did you at one time and have recently changed your thought pattern?
Your girlfriend sucked 37 dicks? in a row?
Was that supposed to be funny?CHJOTD

To add perspective to my whole bankroll and the only thing that makes me feel even the slightest bit better is I deposited $50 in January 2005 and have never added another penny from my own pocket into poker. This includes fully funding my Atlantic City trip last yar, My fcpha vegas flight and trip in february, my laptop, a couple concerts, not counting all the free shizit like my IPOD and what not I got from PSO. I technically should be thrilled I still have $600. It just sucks to know that a week or to ago I had $2500 and 6 months ago I was over $4500. I know I can beat the game, I just have to follow the rules. I am typing this more for my own self confidence then anything

The only problem with this is that you would have to make sure your horse doesn't happen by a roulette table on the way to the judges/counting table.
*yawn*....my average is 205 :club:...ok...so i'm braggin'...since ISAP, i feel i gotta be better than y'all at SOMETHING!
Bwahahaha. Find something cooler to brag about.....and I'm taking Henry over you, anyhow.
Huh? Where'd that come from?
That's his new Forum Title.
I just really don't understand that mentality at all. I mean, from the very beginning, everything I've ever learned about poker from every book and every person who's ever helped me has always stressed that it's not money, it's BB. Have you never thought of it as BBs? Or did you at one time and have recently changed your thought pattern?
I used to be very methodical in BR management and bb/100 starting all the way at 0.25/$0.50 moving up everytime I would reach 300bb until I capped out at $5/$10. At some point I started thinking about winning $ instead of winning bets, not sure exactly when, but I do recognize it and realize its a problem so meh, take it for what its worth.
To add perspective to my whole bankroll and the only thing that makes me feel even the slightest bit better is I deposited $50 in January 2005 and have never added another penny from my own pocket into poker. This includes fully funding my Atlantic City trip last yar, My fcpha vegas flight and trip in february, my laptop, a couple concerts, not counting all the free shizit like my IPOD and what not I got from PSO. I technically should be thrilled I still have $600. It just sucks to know that a week or to ago I had $2500 and 6 months ago I was over $4500. I know I can beat the game, I just have to follow the rules. I am typing this more for my own self confidence then anything
I need fucking poker lessons..