• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

SAM's hump day song.Some things in life are badThey can really make you madOther things just make you swear and curse.When you're chewing on life's gristleDon't grumble, give a whistleAnd this'll help things turn out for the best...And...always look on the bright side of life... Always look on the light side of life... If life seems jolly rottenThere's something you've forgottenAnd that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.When you're feeling in the dumpsDon't be silly chumpsJust purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.And...always look on the bright side of life... Always look on the light side of life... For life is quite absurdAnd death's the final wordYou must always face the curtain with a bow.Forget about your sin - give the audience a grinEnjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.So always look on the bright side of death Just before you draw your terminal breath Life's a piece of shvitWhen you look at itLife's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.You'll see it's all a showKeep 'em laughing as you goJust remember that the last laugh is on you.And always look on the bright side of life...Always look on the right side of life... (Come on guys, cheer up!)Always look on the bright side of life...Always look on the bright side of life...(Worse things happen at sea, you know.)Always look on the bright side of life...(I mean - what have you got to lose?)(You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.What have you lost? Nothing!)Always look on the right side of life...

AC story: A few years ago we were in AC for a weekend. By sunday we were down to our last 50 bucks and we decided to go to bingo that night. It was raining, so we had to stay in the car from check out time, 11 am, until bingo started in this little church at 7 pm. I end up winning 200 bucks at bingo. Half an hour later, we are in the car heading home after losing at blackjack. fun day.
Years ago.. me and my friend Ricky were in AC one weekend and we ended up gambling away all of our money.. Like every penny.. We had NO gas to get home and we were starving.. We went to one of the many shops on Atlantic Ave and hocked his beeper (They were big at the time!) He paid $150 for this stupid NY Rangers Beeper and we hocked it for $15.00! We then proceeded to take the $15 and gamble with it instead of buying gas or eating.. We threw it on a Black Jack table and ended up winning $300 by the time we left.. good times :club:
That was good enough for Jehovah.
You're only making it worse for yourself!
Norm I heard something this morning that will make you laugh. Atlanta was listed 5th for cities with the most courteous drivers and least road rage.Be back after I catch up
See what happens when people just drive the speed limit in Atlanta
In order to demonstrate the stupidity of the 55 mph speed limit, four Atlanta students pulled a dangerous stunt: they all drove exactly 55 mph on the highway, in a line, thereby blocking the flow of traffic and creating an enormous traffic jam.
Years ago.. me and my friend Ricky were in AC one weekend and we ended up gambling away all of our money.. Like every penny.. We had NO gas to get home and we were starving.. We went to one of the many shops on Atlantic Ave and hocked his beeper (They were big at the time!) He paid $150 for this stupid NY Rangers Beeper and we hocked it for $15.00! We then proceeded to take the $15 and gamble with it instead of buying gas or eating.. We threw it on a Black Jack table and ended up winning $300 by the time we left.. good times :D
If thats not the definition of degenerate gambler... :club:

congrats on 2nd whiskeythe borgata is amazingly niceim seriously done with poker for awhile except maybe the negreanu opens or some small buyin tournaments. i have zero self control or bankroll discipline, down $2000 this week and only have like $600 in my bankroll now. wasnt even due to alcohol.

congrats on 2nd whiskeythe borgata is amazingly niceim seriously done with poker for awhile except maybe the negreanu opens or some small buyin tournaments. i have zero self control or bankroll discipline, down $2000 this week and only have like $600 in my bankroll now. wasnt even due to alcohol.
TheRedPill PWNS you.
i remember this. they did it on 285. off rush hour time. if they had done this at rush hour, bubba would have shot them dead.
You left me hanging last night Normie.. We had crabbing to watch!!Jeff did you watch it? What did you think?
You left me hanging last night Normie.. We had crabbing to watch!!Jeff did you watch it? What did you think?
I watched some late night on the second go-round as I was going to sleep. Pretty interresting.
TheRedPill PWNS you.
FU (a day early)I realized I started making it about money. When I first started playing it was about having fun and if I made some money along the way then so be it. I need to get back to the mentality of it doesnt matter if its $0.05/$0.10 or $5/$10 and focus on BB not $. I currently am not in the mindset to do that so I am taking a break.
HMMM....did they catch crabs?...i mean...seriously...is that all they do?....catch crabs? :club:
FU (a day early)I realized I started making it about money. When I first started playing it was about having fun and if I made some money along the way then so be it. I need to get back to the mentality of it doesnt matter if its $0.05/$0.10 or $5/$10 and focus on BB not $. I currently am not in the mindset to do that so I am taking a break.
amen brotha!
HMMM....did they catch crabs?...i mean...seriously...is that all they do?....catch crabs? :club:
Yes they caught many crabs.. It is all they do.. besides risk their lives in the most dangerous job in the world..
im seriously done with poker for awhile except maybe the negreanu opens or some small buyin tournaments.
Me too. It seems that every six months or so I get into a rut and start making donk plays, you know gambling a lot instead of playing.)I also need a break. I'm not going to quit just cut way, way back.
you've been to Kuala Lumpur....awesome!!!!
Yup, cool place. I played golf at night there.
And Expensive as FUCKLooks like a little trip is in order.. like in June! :club:
I wish, I have to cut back on the trips, it's getting too expensive. I've gone on a trip every month since November. Plus Vegas in July and Ohio sometime after that.
I wish, I have to cut back on the trips, it's getting too expensive. I've gone on a trip every month since November. Plus Vegas in July and Ohio sometime after that.
But.. But... :club:
I have the same problem. I don't like playing in my limits, but I don't have a disciplined enough poker game either to sit and grind it out. I also strayed from what I was doing best, which was SNGs after I had a bad streak, and even in a SNG I'll make a stupid call at times when I know I'm beat but I'm bored. Anyhow, I took a bit of a break, and other than one small episode Sunday morning, I've been playing prett solidly. Actually started making money again. The problem is the taste of money. I know that all to well.Before I went to Vegas last year, when my bankroll was about 3K, I was playing mostly $50 and $100 sngs, and even some $200 sngs on Empire/Party. I was on a tear. Then, I spent/gambled most of my bankroll in Vegas, which I had planned to do, and left myself with just a few hundred dollars online. Going back to $5 and $10 sngs just seemed boring, and not worth the time since now I'm looking to make $19 or $39 for a win, when previously I was making $89 for 3rd or $389 for a win, in the same amount of time. I switched to NL cash games, short handed, and had a nice run, but then got crazy again and was back down to a few hunred. I've been kicking around there for a while, and haven't had to deposit at all since last March, still, but not really making any money. I finally feel like I turned it back around, though, by just playing one or two sngs at a time, and really focusing. Outside of the occasional tough beat, I've been able to work back up to a reasonable bankroll level.Good idea to take some time off. Just remember that you can play, and you don't make it all back in a day. Either that, or send Zim an IM, since he's "The New KidPoker", and maybe he'll help you out.
Yes they caught many crabs.. It is all they do.. besides risk their lives in the most dangerous job in the world..
blah....so you're sayin' when i go crabbin'....it's dangerous? :club:
You left me hanging last night Normie.. We had crabbing to watch!!
sorry. some of the bowling teams had to post bowl, so i had to go and supervise.john and any other bowlers here will appreciate this.There was a jr bowler abc sanctioned league going on at the end of the bowling alley near the bar. Why they put the jr bowlers near the bar is beyond me. Anyway, i'm at the bar ordering drinks and the people watching this league just start cheering their head off. So i go over to watch and this 16 yr old kid is on his second game, going into the 10th and has 10 strikes. First game the kid bowled a 255. So i'm standing there, kid lines up for his 11th throw, Strike! Now i'm drinking my beer watching. never seen a 300 game. and here's this 16yr old going for it. 12th throw, Stike! The kid hit it for the perfect 300 game!So i go back tell everyone and i'm keeping my eye over there. The kid has another game to go. in the third game, the kid again struck out till the 10th frame. This was ridiculous. The entire alley stopped to watch this kid. here he is, 16, and about to bowl back to back 300 games! 10th frame comes up, strike! this kid has an incredible hook. i mean unreal. He lines up for his 11th shot, looked like his normal throw to me. but at the last second before his ball would normally break, Gutter!But god damn. that kid was good! i don't know what he ended up with, but he had an 800ish series. Pro bowlers don't do this! unreal!
I have the same problem. I don't like playing in my limits, but I don't have a disciplined enough poker game either to sit and grind it out. I also strayed from what I was doing best, which was SNGs after I had a bad streak, and even in a SNG I'll make a stupid call at times when I know I'm beat but I'm bored. Anyhow, I took a bit of a break, and other than one small episode Sunday morning, I've been playing prett solidly. Actually started making money again. The problem is the taste of money. I know that all to well.Before I went to Vegas last year, when my bankroll was about 3K, I was playing mostly $50 and $100 sngs, and even some $200 sngs on Empire/Party. I was on a tear. Then, I spent/gambled most of my bankroll in Vegas, which I had planned to do, and left myself with just a few hundred dollars online. Going back to $5 and $10 sngs just seemed boring, and not worth the time since now I'm looking to make $19 or $39 for a win, when previously I was making $89 for 3rd or $389 for a win, in the same amount of time. I switched to NL cash games, short handed, and had a nice run, but then got crazy again and was back down to a few hunred. I've been kicking around there for a while, and haven't had to deposit at all since last March, still, but not really making any money. I finally feel like I turned it back around, though, by just playing one or two sngs at a time, and really focusing. Outside of the occasional tough beat, I've been able to work back up to a reasonable bankroll level.Good idea to take some time off. Just remember that you can play, and you don't make it all back in a day. Either that, or send Zim an IM, since he's "The New KidPoker", and maybe he'll help you out.
thanks for sharing that, all true. i played quite a bit of 10/20 lately when my BR was about $3000 (half of what it should have been to really play that level). After you win a couple huge $300 or so pots it makes it really tough to go play 2/4 again where an average pot is probably only $30 or so. I will do it though, I'm determined.
sorry. some of the bowling teams had to post bowl, so i had to go and supervise.john and any other bowlers here will appreciate this.There was a jr bowler abc sanctioned league going on at the end of the bowling alley near the bar. Why they put the jr bowlers near the bar is beyond me. Anyway, i'm at the bar ordering drinks and the people watching this league just start cheering their head off. So i go over to watch and this 16 yr old kid is on his second game, going into the 10th and has 10 strikes. First game the kid bowled a 255. So i'm standing there, kid lines up for his 11th throw, Strike! Now i'm drinking my beer watching. never seen a 300 game. and here's this 16yr old going for it. 12th throw, Stike! The kid hit it for the perfect 300 game!So i go back tell everyone and i'm keeping my eye over there. The kid has another game to go. in the third game, the kid again struck out till the 10th frame. This was ridiculous. The entire alley stopped to watch this kid. here he is, 16, and about to bowl back to back 300 games! 10th frame comes up, strike! this kid has an incredible hook. i mean unreal. He lines up for his 11th shot, looked like his normal throw to me. but at the last second before his ball would normally break, Gutter!But god damn. that kid was good! i don't know what he ended up with, but he had an 800 series. Pro bowlers don't do this! unreal!
dang thats crazy, I get all excited when I bowl a Turkey. I have never even broke 200. I love to bowl though, fun game, but usually only get to do it maybe 3 or 4 times a year
sorry. some of the bowling teams had to post bowl, so i had to go and supervise.john and any other bowlers here will appreciate this.There was a jr bowler abc sanctioned league going on at the end of the bowling alley near the bar. Why they put the jr bowlers near the bar is beyond me. Anyway, i'm at the bar ordering drinks and the people watching this league just start cheering their head off. So i go over to watch and this 16 yr old kid is on his second game, going into the 10th and has 10 strikes. First game the kid bowled a 255. So i'm standing there, kid lines up for his 11th throw, Strike! Now i'm drinking my beer watching. never seen a 300 game. and here's this 16yr old going for it. 12th throw, Stike! The kid hit it for the perfect 300 game!So i go back tell everyone and i'm keeping my eye over there. The kid has another game to go. in the third game, the kid again struck out till the 10th frame. This was ridiculous. The entire alley stopped to watch this kid. here he is, 16, and about to bowl back to back 300 games! 10th frame comes up, strike! this kid has an incredible hook. i mean unreal. He lines up for his 11th shot, looked like his normal throw to me. but at the last second before his ball would normally break, Gutter!But god damn. that kid was good! i don't know what he ended up with, but he had an 800 series. Pro bowlers don't do this! unreal!
this kid choked! he's got no game if he gutters on the fill ball :club:
this kid choked! he's got no game if he gutters on the fill ball :club:
bwahaha.... i'll stake the kid against you. hope you got some money! Start borrowing 5 bucks from everyone! haha!
I have never even broke 200.
*yawn*....my average is 205 :club: ...ok...so i'm braggin'...since ISAP, i feel i gotta be better than y'all at SOMETHING!
bwahaha.... i'll stake the kid against you. hope you got some money! Start borrowing 5 bucks from everyone! haha!
LOL....i'll just spit in his thumbhole :D