heads up with dream clown

Went heads up with DC last night and took 50k from him after 15 minutes. Easy match. I don't know why people think the guys that good. He seems to like to raise every hand preflop and also tries many check raises in attempts to steal pots. If Daniel had tuned into this, he might be 50K richer as well, rather than in the Dog House. I think Daniel needs to step his game up and become more aggressive than passive when playing people such as DC or he will continue to lose in the online poker world. Online poker has to be played very differently and approached with a different mind set than the live game. Live and learn I guess.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I agree with the original poster. I've only played heads up limit Hold'em twice online and both times I start out doing really bad. But, I adapted to it and adjusted according to the situation. I've noticed I was doing bad because I was taking a very passive approach in the beginning. Once I had my opponent figured out, I clawed my way back and them some. So, I guess the beginning losing part can be thought of as an investment. In fact there were a few hands I called with bottom pair or just Ace high just to see what he hand and figure him out. Btw, I even took a few of those pots just trying to look him up. Once I realized how he playing, I changed my style and used it back on him. Meaning things like pushing back with an Ace high or something.

Actually, I agree with the original poster. I've only played heads up limit Hold'em twice online and both times I start out doing really bad. But, I adapted to it and adjusted according to the situation. I've noticed I was doing bad because I was taking a very passive approach in the beginning. Once I had my opponent figured out, I clawed my way back and them some. So, I guess the beginning losing part can be thought of as an investment. In fact there were a few hands I called with bottom pair or just Ace high just to see what he hand and figure him out. Btw, I even took a few of those pots just trying to look him up. Once I realized how he playing, I changed my style and used it back on him. Meaning things like pushing back with an Ace high or something.
Then you sir are perfectly equipped to advise DN and mentor the rest of us as to how best to avoid the pitfalls of 500/1k LHE. Toot on tutor.
Guest XXEddie
Actually, I agree with the original poster. I've only played heads up limit Hold'em twice online and both times I start out doing really bad. But, I adapted to it and adjusted according to the situation. I've noticed I was doing bad because I was taking a very passive approach in the beginning. Once I had my opponent figured out, I clawed my way back and them some. So, I guess the beginning losing part can be thought of as an investment.  In fact there were a few hands I called with bottom pair or just Ace high just to see what he hand and figure him out. Btw, I even took a few of those pots just trying to look him up. Once I realized how he playing, I changed my style and used it back on him. Meaning things like pushing back with an Ace high or something.
Then you sir are perfectly equipped to advise DN and mentor the rest of us as to how best to avoid the pitfalls of 500/1k LHE. Toot on tutor.
pwned

Dude, what's wrong with you people? Why are you guys so mean here? I just wanted to let you know of my experience. I wasn't trying criticize anyone or anything. I was just stating my opinion that I agreed with the OP, is that not allowed or what?

lets hear more about the match.
I'll give you a run down of 5 hands we played...Hand #1 - Gary limps in with 10 :) K :) DC Raises Gary CallsFlop comes 8 :) A :) K :) Gary Bets, DC Raises, Gary CallsTurn 2 :club: Gary Checks, DC Raises, Gary Re-Raises, DC CapsRiver 8 :D Gary Bets, DC CallsGary Shows DC the Nut Flush and DC does not show.Garys Takes Down PotHand#4 - DC Raises, Gary Calls with 9 :D 10 :D Flop comes 2 :) J :) 8 :) DC Bets, Gary Raises, DC Re-Raises, Gary CapsTurn 5 :) DC Checks, Gary Bets, DC CallsRiver 7 :) DC Bets, Gary Raises, DC Re-Raises, Gary Reraises, DC Calls and shows his 6 :) 4 :) for the sucker straightGary Takes Down another monster Pot the Nut StraightDC IM's me - "You got lucky that time"My response was "lol"Hand #9 Gary Raises, DC Re-Raises, Gary CallsFlop comes 3 :) 3 :) 3 :) Gary Checks, DC Bets, Gary CallsTurn 10 :) Gary Bets, DC Re-Raises, Gary CallsRiver 4 :) Gary Checks, DC Bets, Gary CallsDC Shows Pocket 5's, Gary Shows Pocket 9'sGary Takes Down PotHand #12 DC Raises, Gary CallsFlop comes A :) J :) 10 :) DC Bets, Gary Folds his 5 :) 4 :) DC Shows his AA in the hole for trips and takes down a monster pot :) DC then IM's me "Quit playing so tight". Can you believe this guy?Hand #15 - Last Hand - Gary limps in with 9 :) 10 :) and DC actually CHECKS!!! This is a first and had me suspicious right away.Flop comes 7 :) Q :) 8 :) Gary Checks, DC CHECKS??? What on earth is going on here? The stench is getting worse!Turn 4 :) Gary Checks, and finally DC comes out betting. I had to put DC to the test, so I decided to check-raise him here. I should have known the 'ol Re-Raise was coming. I make the callRiver 6 :) Gary Bets, DC Raises, Gary Re-Raised, and the river gets capped.DC Shows QQ for Trip Queens and Gary Shows Straight. DC suddenly dissappears and that was that!
I'll give you a run down of 5 hands we played...Hand #1 - Gary limps in with 10 :) K :) DC Raises Gary CallsFlop comes 8 :) A :) K :) Gary Bets, DC Raises, Gary CallsTurn 2 :club: Gary Checks, DC Raises, Gary Re-Raises, DC CapsRiver 8 :D Gary Bets, DC CallsGary Shows DC the Nut Flush and DC does not show.Garys Takes Down PotHand#4 - DC Raises, Gary Calls with 9 :D 10 :DFlop comes 2 :) J :) 8 :) DC Bets, Gary Raises, DC Re-Raises, Gary CapsTurn 5 :) DC Checks, Gary Bets, DC CallsRiver 7 :) DC Bets, Gary Raises, DC Re-Raises, Gary Reraises, DC Calls and shows his 6 :) 7 :) for the sucker straightGary Takes Down another monster Pot the Nut StraightDC IM's me - "You got lucky that time"My response was "lol"Hand #9 Gary Raises, DC Re-Raises, Gary CallsFlop comes 3 :) 3 :) 3 :) Gary Checks, DC Bets, Gary CallsTurn 10 :) Gary Bets, DC Re-Raises, Gary CallsRiver 4 :) Gary Checks, DC Bets, Gary CallsDC Shows Pocket 5's, Gary Shows Pocket 9'sGary Takes Down PotHand #12 DC Raises, Gary CallsFlop comes A :) J :) 10 :) DC Bets, Gary Folds his 5 :) 4 :) DC Shows his AA in the hole for trips and takes down a monster pot :) DC then IM's me "Quit playing so tight". Can you believe this guy?Hand #15 - Last Hand - Gary limps in with 9 :) 10 :) and DC actually CHECKS!!! This is a first and had me suspicious right away.Flop comes 7 :) Q :) 8 :) Gary Checks, DC CHECKS??? What on earth is going on here? The stench is getting worse!Turn 4 :) Gary Checks, and finally DC comes out betting. I had to put DC to the test, so I decided to check-raise him here. I should have known the 'ol Re-Raise was coming. I make the callRiver 6 :) Gary Bets, DC Raises, Gary Re-Raised, and the river gets capped.DC Shows QQ for Trip Queens and Gary Shows Straight. DC suddenly dissappears and that was that!
It looks to me like he has nothing but a pair of sevens in the bolded section. How exactly does he have the "sucker straight?" Also, it looks as though you were running extremely well. How about some pots that you didn't win.
I'll give you a run down of 5 hands we played...Hand #1 - Gary limps in with 10 :) K :) DC Raises Gary CallsFlop comes 8 :) A :) K :) Gary Bets, DC Raises, Gary CallsTurn 2 :club: Gary Checks, DC Raises, Gary Re-Raises, DC CapsRiver 8 :D Gary Bets, DC CallsGary Shows DC the Nut Flush and DC does not show.Garys Takes Down PotHand#4 - DC Raises, Gary Calls with 9 :D 10 :DFlop comes 2 :) J :) 8 :) DC Bets, Gary Raises, DC Re-Raises, Gary CapsTurn 5 :) DC Checks, Gary Bets, DC CallsRiver 7 :) DC Bets, Gary Raises, DC Re-Raises, Gary Reraises, DC Calls and shows his 6 :) 7 :) for the sucker straightGary Takes Down another monster Pot the Nut StraightDC IM's me - "You got lucky that time"My response was "lol"Hand #9 Gary Raises, DC Re-Raises, Gary CallsFlop comes 3 :) 3 :) 3 :) Gary Checks, DC Bets, Gary CallsTurn 10 :) Gary Bets, DC Re-Raises, Gary CallsRiver 4 :) Gary Checks, DC Bets, Gary CallsDC Shows Pocket 5's, Gary Shows Pocket 9'sGary Takes Down PotHand #12 DC Raises, Gary CallsFlop comes A :) J :) 10 :) DC Bets, Gary Folds his 5 :) 4 :) DC Shows his AA in the hole for trips and takes down a monster pot :) DC then IM's me "Quit playing so tight". Can you believe this guy?Hand #15 - Last Hand - Gary limps in with 9 :) 10 :) and DC actually CHECKS!!! This is a first and had me suspicious right away.Flop comes 7 :) Q :) 8 :) Gary Checks, DC CHECKS??? What on earth is going on here? The stench is getting worse!Turn 4 :) Gary Checks, and finally DC comes out betting. I had to put DC to the test, so I decided to check-raise him here. I should have known the 'ol Re-Raise was coming. I make the callRiver 6 :) Gary Bets, DC Raises, Gary Re-Raised, and the river gets capped.DC Shows QQ for Trip Queens and Gary Shows Straight. DC suddenly dissappears and that was that!
It looks to me like he has nothing but a pair of sevens in the bolded section. How exactly does he have the "sucker straight?" Also, it looks as though you were running extremely well. How about some pots that you didn't win.
That 7 :) was actually the 4 :) . Sorry, my typo. I was running extremely well, and the pots I didn't win were very miniscule in comparrision to the ones I did win. I did lose Hand #12 when DC had trip Aces, but as you can see I didn't fall into his trap like so many other players may have. Daniel, are you listening???

we have decided not to play gary anymore for the time being as it is hard to tell who the better player is. Seems we both played every hand pretty much perfect that match so dont expect any future matches between the two of us any time soon. Maybe we'll give it another shot once our bankrolls are ok with handling the swings we can expect to go through with a player of this caliber.as for now, WHERE IS DAT NAGREANU? The Dreamclown account has just been activated for us again.

we have decided not to play gary anymore for the time being as it is hard to tell who the better player is. Seems we both played every hand pretty much perfect that match so dont expect any future matches between the two of us any time soon. Maybe we'll give it another shot once our bankrolls are ok with handling the swings we can expect to go through with a player of this caliber.as for now, WHERE IS DAT NAGREANU? The Dreamclown account has just been activated for us again.
So modest.
So, you play one match and you decide you don't want to play because both players played perfectly? That seems kind of fast don't you think? I mean, were all the heads up situations covered in this one sitting? Isn't that how people beat each other? By making mistakes? No one is a mistake proof player.Y.R.R. (that's my crew, man) 2.4! (that stands for our grade point average)2.35! (that's my bankroll....in thousands, yeah that's right)Does the G.C.C. crew want to party with my crew sometime? That would be dope....