poker variety

I'm glad Daniel mentioned this is his blog."...that it's important for the young kids today to understand that poker, at it's highest levels, is a game that has may different variations. If they ever want to reach the true "Mecca," the true peak of being one of the best in the world, hold'em skills alone just won't cut it."Maybe that will get some of you guys to open up and try out some of the other games on FCP, especially Stud H/L, which I'm still trying to a table going.And for tournaments, didn't some of you read in Card Player Magazine Vol. 17 No. 12, where it says:"He [Daniel] thinks that being a great poker player means having skill in all poker games, not just no-limit hold'em."I mean, do a db* on me (patho) sometime and you will see that even though I play very low limits, look at the range of games that I play. I bet a lot of you are here because you are fans of his and want to be able to play more like him. Well then, you guys have to learn to be more well rounded, you know? How do you think he got Poker Player of the Year? It's not called Hold'em Player of the Year.*db - http://www.thepokerdb.com

the O8B tables are starting to get more traffic, but i can't ever find a decent stud game on fcp. question for the site improvement committee would be - how difficult would it be to set up a mixed game table or 2? surely there would be some action, right?

I don't know how easy/hard it is to find other table games at the FCP site besides hold em , since I have never played there, but there are plenty of fans of the other varities of card games on this site. There is a section of the forum for Stud, Omaha, and even Triple Draw...I would recommend checking them out.

Yeah, and the stud forum gets about two new topics a week.Omaha's gaining popularity everywhere, but if you venture outside the flop games, you'll have a hard time finding many opponents.