torino olympics (nbc poll for coverage of events)

I got this as a forwarded email. At the time it was started, hockey was last, I guess. The more votes, the better though. Go at it...Torino OlympicsNBC is conducting a poll basically to see what sports they should weigh more heavily in coverage. Hockey right now is dead last (OK... they're beating bobsled, "nordic combined," and snowboarding, which has 0 votes), behind such exciting sports as Curling (leading the way with over 30% of the vote), Figure Skating / Ice Dancing, and Cross Country skiing. http://www.wnbc.com/olympics2006/index/index.html Above is the link. The poll is on the bottom right. You know what to do!!

I voted hockey, looks like a lot of other people did too!!!Biathlon 5234 3% Curling 43326 23% Figure Skating / Ice Dancing 28629 15% Alpine Skiing 16408 9% Bobsleigh / Luge / Skeleton 1312 1% Freestyle Skiing 5089 3% Cross Country Skiing 21716 11% Speed Skating 5727 3% Ski Jumping 7393 4% Hockey 53764 28% Nordic Combined 2851 1% Snowboarding 33 0%

There are some weird results in this poll. How is curling so high? How is Snowboarding so low?
All the snowboarders are too stoned to find the poll and those that have stumbled across it lack the initiative to vote.

Biathlon 5251 3% Curling 43626 22% Figure Skating / Ice Dancing 29107 15% Alpine Skiing 16451 8% Bobsleigh / Luge / Skeleton 1355 1% Freestyle Skiing 5105 3% Cross Country Skiing 21735 11% Speed Skating 5774 3% Ski Jumping 7432 4% Hockey 58290 30% Nordic Combined 2867 1% Snowboarding 41 0% close window [/b]

This is crazy I know, but I end up watching Curling for HOURS... It grew on me, what can I say.
I was the same way during the 02 Olympics. The Hockey games would end and something about Bill Clement talking about Curling being up next I left it on and watched it. It's one of those weird sports where you can watch it for Hours and not have a good reason why you just watched it. Like a Tigers Royals Baseball game.
This is crazy I know, but I end up watching Curling for HOURS... It grew on me, what can I say.
I was the same way during the 02 Olympics. The Hockey games would end and something about Bill Clement talking about Curling being up next I left it on and watched it. It's one of those weird sports where you can watch it for Hours and not have a good reason why you just watched it. Like a Tigers Royals Baseball game.
Yea its a pretty weird phenomenon eh lol?

Winter Olympics ROCK. And so does Curling!Growing up in Detroit we got television signals from Canada, mainly Windsor and sometimes Toronto. We used to LOVE watching curling. Craziest looking sport ever. Reminds me of my childhood back there. I also remember falling asleep to the glow of my brothers black and white T.V. flashing "HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA!". Back then the Montreal Canadians were GOD. The most feared and reveared team on Earth. It was awesome stuff. Allow me to digress to my greatest Hockey story ever...Back then we used to go to Red Wing games for free (Daddy was hooked up with Chrysler corp. perks). We got to skate once a year on the hardest Ice in America, the old Olympia arena. One year I was on the last pull of my skate lace when it BROKE! Holy crap. I wandered back into the locker room area looking for a lace and got screamed at my Dennis Polonich. I thought my day was done....and then I was given a handfull of laces...by.....GORDIE HOWE!!! He often was there for the corporate open skate day back then. I just stared and said nothing. It was like meeting ...well...just imagine. Unreal.One of the greatest days of my life.Best...

Winter Olympics ROCK. And so does Curling!Growing up in Detroit we got television signals from Canada, mainly Windsor and sometimes Toronto. We used to LOVE watching curling. Craziest looking sport ever. Reminds me of my childhood back there. I also remember falling asleep to the glow of my brothers black and white T.V. flashing "HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA!". Back then the Montreal Canadians were GOD. The most feared and reveared team on Earth. It was awesome stuff. Allow me to digress to my greatest Hockey story ever...Back then we used to go to Red Wing games for free (Daddy was hooked up with Chrysler corp. perks). We got to skate once a year on the hardest Ice in America, the old Olympia arena. One year I was on the last pull of my skate lace when it BROKE! Holy crap. I wandered back into the locker room area looking for a lace and got screamed at my Dennis Polonich. I thought my day was done....and then I was given a handfull of laces...by.....GORDIE HOWE!!! He often was there for the corporate open skate day back then. I just stared and said nothing. It was like meeting ...well...just imagine. Unreal.One of the greatest days of my life.Best...
Very nice!!!! :-)

I haven't seen ballot stuffing like this since Daly in Chicago. Something is very strange about this. How many times have you voted on this poll Danny? Man I have to draw the line somewhere. I'm the biggest sports sicko in the world and hell I admit it, I even TIVO poker. But curling? By default I have to rank it higher than ice dancing, but you have me curious and I'll have to TIVO that 3AM segment. I actually would put snowboarding or the freestyle moguls after hockey. Those events were new, but entertaining.