incredible, incredible call by joe cassidy

From cardplayer.comDate / Time: 2005-12-14 23:04:00 Title: Joe Cassidy Wins a Huge Pot Against Patrik Antonius to Take the Chip Lead Log: With the board showing 9s-6d-5d-Qh-Jd on the river, Joe Cassidy bets about $100,000 into a roughly $500,000 pot, and Patrik Antonius raises to $300,000. Cassidy makes an incredible call with Ad-7c (ace high). Sure enough, Antonius shows Ah-3d, and Cassidy's kicker plays to win the entire pot. Joe Cassidy is our new chip leader with approximately $1.45 million, while Antonius is down to $500,000. I cannot get my head around this call. There is so, so little that he can beat, 7-8 straight, K-10 straight, most other suited connectors have hit the board, half of broadway has hit, any pocket pair. From what his opponent is likely to raise / call a raise with pre-flop I'd think he'd only beat A smaller rag.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hard not to call with ace high, your joking right
You mean, paying 200k to win a million and take a commanding chip lead against a player who's hyper aggressive and makes a funny re-raise on the river? Not easy, but, I've seen tougher calls.He needs to win this just under 17% of the time to have it be profitable.He's wrong not to call, really.
You mean, paying 200k to win a million and take a commanding chip lead against a player who's hyper aggressive and makes a funny re-raise on the river? Not easy, but, I've seen tougher calls.He needs to win this just under 17% of the time to have it be profitable.He's wrong not to call, really.
Just dont make the mistake of thinking you are intelligent.
I'm sorry, I missed it.Who the fuck are you?
I'm sorry, I missed it.Who the censored are you?
It is an easy call, really- Not a dumbarse like your silly little self.
I'm sorry, I missed it.Who the censored are you?
It is an easy call, really- Not a dumbarse like your silly little self.
Apparently you missed the above bolded part.Go eat a vegemite sandwhich, pud.
you typed he is wrong not to call. You are dumb.
6:1 on his money.1/(6+1) = 14.3%You need to be right less than 3 out of 20 times to make it a profitable call.If you don't make this call (at least) 3 out of 20 times, you are dumb.I'd explain it further, but I'm not certified to teach the mentally disabled.

wow you can calculate percentages. You jsut continue to think that folding is a mistake there... you moron. He is getting great odds, so you msut always call. Your are retarded, and know very little about poker.

wow you can calculate percentages. You jsut continue to think that folding is a mistake there... you moron. He is getting great odds, so you msut always call. Your are retarded, and know very little about poker.
I'm going to have to ask you to stop throwing your own shit at the guards, sir. No, you must win three out of twenty times to make this call correct.Read the above post, where I even bolded for you, where I said it wasn't an easy call, and then read your posts.Realize you are only truly making yourself look like a jackalope. You're not going to hurt my feelings or make me look dumb by challenging my skill as a poker player. I'm sorry your mother drank heavily with you in the womb, but I had nothing to do with it.
you typed he is wrong not to call. You are dumb.
6:1 on his money.
Actually its 4.5:1Other than that, let it go - kouta's being a tool
You're right. It's 22%, not 14%.My mistake.
I'm right here too :club:
I'm going to have to ask you to stop throwing your own shit at the guards, sir. No, you must call 3 out of 20 times.
Nonsense. Learn what pot odds are before you try to apply them.Making the mathematically correct call three times out of twenty will show three-twentieths the expected profit of calling all twenty times.ETA: Unless you mean 3/20 to break even, 20/20 to maximize profit.
I'm going to have to ask you to stop throwing your own shit at the guards, sir. No, you must call 3 out of 20 times.
Nonsense. Learn what pot odds are before you try to apply them.Making the mathematically correct call three times out of twenty will show three-twentieths the expected profit of calling all twenty times.
I worded that wrong.You must win this hand 3 out of 20 times you call.
Nonsense. Learn what pot odds are before you try to apply them.Making the mathematically correct call three times out of twenty will show three-twentieths the expected profit of calling all twenty times.ETA: Unless you mean 3/20 to break even, 20/20 to maximize profit.
Ding.

I got to agree with Kouta here. Your saying he is wrong not to make the call. I guaruntee you are folding in this spot. I know I am. He is up to 1.4 mil after the pot meaning that he called of 33% of his remaining chips into this pot. I know I am folding. Quit trying to make it into an easier call than it was. With a board like that and there had to be betting to get the pot up to 500,000 so do you really think you are ahead 22% of the time here with A high and 7 kicker????? I agree you dont have to be right all that much here to make this call right but to say he is wrong not to call with A high may be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Especially without knowing the betting pattern. I say he put him on a busted straight draw and thats why he made the call..

I got to agree with Kouta here. Your saying he is wrong not to make the call. I guaruntee you are folding in this spot. I know I am. He is up to 1.4 mil after the pot meaning that he called of 33% of his remaining chips into this pot. I know I am folding. Quit trying to make it into an easier call than it was. With a board like that and there had to be betting to get the pot up to 500,000 so do you really think you are ahead 22% of the time here with A high and 7 kicker????? I agree you dont have to be right all that much here to make this call right but to say he is wrong not to call with A high may be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Especially without knowing the betting pattern. I say he put him on a busted straight draw and thats why he made the call..
First bolded statement, yes.Second bolded; for this reason. And for the simple fact that you miss pairing the flop 67% of the time. You miss pairing through all the streets 53% of the time. Do you see why we win with ace high here 22% of the time?I'm completely ignoring the fact that it's a tournament.If he doesn't make this call he's crushed and all but down to the felt. To reitterate; I NEVER SAID THIS WAS AN EASY CALL. I said it was profitable and that he's not wrong to call.If you can't figure that out from the above posts, well. And you're not even taking into account the type of player his opponent is, who is very capable of making this bluff with 4 high.