what is the clear advantage?

Hey y'all. So I was arguing with my friend about which advantage would be better in texas hold'em. 1. Knowing what the cards are going to be on the flop, turn, and river or 2. Knowing what cards everyone possesses at the table. I argued that knowing what cards would be on the flop, turn and river would be a better advantage. My reasoning for this argument is:1. You could be a tight player and only go all in only when you know that you have the nuts. The important thing to learn here would be betting strategy. If you followed this hand selection process then I don't see how you could lose. If all the hands you played you knew that you were going to hit the nut trips, nut straight, nut flush etc. you would never lose. The only way that you would lose is by mixing it up and going in there with non- nut hands. For example. You have pp 2's and you know that you're going to hit a set on the flop and that the board is not going to have any straight or flush possibilities. The problem is that you only have the third nuts on the flop and by the end of the hand, you will only have the fifth nuts. You can only hope that you have the best hand at the end because your opponent might have a higher set. This would be a good argument for people that are in favor of knowing what everybody's hole cards are going to be but I can provide a argument for that as well.Knowing everybody's hole cards doesn't account for how people play. For example. You're in the late stages of a tournament in 6th position with pocket aces. 2nd position raises with pocket queens and you reraise. Since he think he has the best hand he goes all in. Of course you call. This option does not account for sucking out. Although you know his cards you are only around an 80% favorite to win the hand. If he spikes a queen on the flop and you don't get help, your tournament is over.There are many other arguments for both of these cases but they would make this post longer than it already is. I'm interested in hearing which advantage you guys think would be best and your arguments for them as well.

didn't you post this exact post like 3 weeks ago?anyway, option 2 would be infinitely better, no question.option 1 still relies on you catching cards, the 'nuts' may not happen in time (if it is a tournament), and if you don't go in with the nuts, not knowing what your opponent has, you can still get sucked out on.

No, I didn't post this same post three weeks ago. I understand your argument Dubey but I do think that the "nuts" do come around often enough that if you know how to bet, then you should be able to extract the maximum amount of chips from your opponent. Now if you don't have the nuts then you would definately have to be more careful. If you have a strong hand i.e. 2 pair or sucker straight, you might be forced to just call down instead of putting all of your money into the pot. This part would require you to be able to read people decently well but if you don't want to only go in with the nuts all the time, its what you have to do.

the post a couple weeks ago was "would daniel make the final table if he knew everyone's hole cards" or something like thatknowing everyone elses cards is more valuable than knowing the cards coming on the board you would be unbluffable, and know when to make value bets, when to bluff people out, and when you could take down a huge pot against another monster

i was playing w/one my friends today and he said on he was on bodog playign a $12 sitngo, and there were a ton of people railing for some reason. There was a guy named like backstreetboy1, and everyone kept saying that he was going to win b/c he could see everyones hole cards. my friend didnt believe him, but got down to heads up, and he said the guy kept typing in like "a9" "q10" etc and he was dead on every time. he ended up losing when he said he realized he had to just go all in preflop to have any hope at winning, and the hand he went all in the guy flopped a boat w/like j6. my friend isnt the most trustworthy person i know, but theres no reason for him to make up a story like this, he's not the type of kid to log anything or keep hand histories, so i dunno, but it peaked my interest and i wish he had some proof of it.

Hey y'all. So I was arguing with my friend about which advantage would be better in texas hold'em. 1. Knowing what the cards are going to be on the flop, turn, and river or 2. Knowing what cards everyone possesses at the table. I argued that knowing what cards would be on the flop, turn and river would be a better advantage. My reasoning for this argument is:1. You could be a tight player and only go all in only when you know that you have the nuts. The important thing to learn here would be betting strategy. If you followed this hand selection process then I don't see how you could lose. If all the hands you played you knew that you were going to hit the nut trips, nut straight, nut flush etc. you would never lose. The only way that you would lose is by mixing it up and going in there with non- nut hands. For example. You have pp 2's and you know that you're going to hit a set on the flop and that the board is not going to have any straight or flush possibilities. The problem is that you only have the third nuts on the flop and by the end of the hand, you will only have the fifth nuts. You can only hope that you have the best hand at the end because your opponent might have a higher set. This would be a good argument for people that are in favor of knowing what everybody's hole cards are going to be but I can provide a argument for that as well.Knowing everybody's hole cards doesn't account for how people play. For example. You're in the late stages of a tournament in 6th position with pocket aces. 2nd position raises with pocket queens and you reraise. Since he think he has the best hand he goes all in. Of course you call. This option does not account for sucking out. Although you know his cards you are only around an 80% favorite to win the hand. If he spikes a queen on the flop and you don't get help, your tournament is over.There are many other arguments for both of these cases but they would make this post longer than it already is. I'm interested in hearing which advantage you guys think would be best and your arguments for them as well.
do we have to see this same post every week, of course u would want to know the players hands because that would be the logical thing, knowing what your up against.
goggles 1
Totally random and might get deleted, but hey, it's general...Nothing personal bro, but get a haircut reverse mullet boy; your avatar makes me wanna puke.
Not really random, if you look around you will know what I'm talking about. And as for my hair, ohhhhhh yeahh....sexay babeh!!! 8) . As for you puking, I hope to accomplish it one day. :club:

I hate this argument. Absolutely hate it.It's like asking, would you rather be the best basketball player ever or have your shots get perfect bounces on the rim every time, so that if your shots hit the rim, they automatically went in.I mean obviously, you're going to win constantly either way, and either one would change poker from a challenging game into a rote exercise where you can't really lose.

knowing the other players cards, no contest, any top pro would rather see all the oppenents cards then the boardyour counter arguement is horribleif we take your way with AA and we see the board is 2Q945 and your oppenent goes all in preflop, are you going to fold here when he goes allin, no ****ing wayif you can see your oppenents cards you would play the hand completly different, you wouldnt reraise and instead take a flop with your oppenent and when the q comes you release the handwhen you know what your oppenent has their is no reason to put a lot of money in before the flop, you can outplay him post-flop every single hand

seeing opponents cards is better. only terrible anaylsis would conclude otherwise.knowing what your final hand will be only lets you know WHAT YOUR FINAL HAND WILL BE. thats it. knowing your opponents cards lets you know what everyones hand is preflop. what everyone has on the flop. what everyone has on the turn. what everyones final hand is. you get 10x more information. the only time you will EVER lose a hand is if someone outdraws you or if they make an incredible call when your bluffing (and obviously you only bluff when they have a weak hand). you have 99. you know the community board will read 75322. theres an early position raise. whats your move? compare withyou have 99. theres an early position raise. you know he has JJ. easy fold. or... you know he has AQ. call, and make more easy decisions on the flop.you have 72 and the community cards are 98752, 3 hearts. what do you do? bet down to the river and run into a possible flush or straight? wouldn't you rather KNOW if you're against a flush or straight?i'll reitterate. only terrible analysis would lead you to believe knowing the community cards are better than your opponents cards.

i was playing w/one my friends today and he said on he was on bodog playign a $12 sitngo, and there were a ton of people railing for some reason. There was a guy named like backstreetboy1, and everyone kept saying that he was going to win b/c he could see everyones hole cards. my friend didnt believe him, but got down to heads up, and he said the guy kept typing in like "a9" "q10" etc and he was dead on every time. he ended up losing when he said he realized he had to just go all in preflop to have any hope at winning, and the hand he went all in the guy flopped a boat w/like j6. my friend isnt the most trustworthy person i know, but theres no reason for him to make up a story like this, he's not the type of kid to log anything or keep hand histories, so i dunno, but it peaked my interest and i wish he had some proof of it.
That's exactly what I'd do if I could see everyone's hole cards, tell the entire table and play $12 SnG's.