queston for canadian online players

i have a US dollar account at my bank, I am just stockpiling US dollars there atm.
Again, read my last post. You guys are killing me.
Well superfly, the Cdn dollar isnt going to get much better mostly because it would cripple half the country. See we have this thing called a trade defecit, therefore as our dollar goes up, our sales go down. As our sales go down people lose their jobs, and the economy starts to bottom out. This is why if the US dollar keeps flowndering were going to have to adjust interest rates to slow down our dollars growth. But thanks for coming out, I did enjoy reviewing first year business class.
clearly you both have no idea what you're talking about.having said that, i currently have an amount of money that is significant to me in american $ in neteller. i am waiting for the canadian dollar to drop a bit before i cash it out, since it is likely higher now than it will be in the near future.insert stalker comment about buying marion handbags etc etc sexual innuendo blah blah drunk dan
i have a US dollar account at my bank, I am just stockpiling US dollars there atm.
Again, read my last post. You guys are killing me.
Well superfly, the Cdn dollar isnt going to get much better mostly because it would cripple half the country. See we have this thing called a trade defecit, therefore as our dollar goes up, our sales go down. As our sales go down people lose their jobs, and the economy starts to bottom out. This is why if the US dollar keeps flowndering were going to have to adjust interest rates to slow down our dollars growth. But thanks for coming out, I did enjoy reviewing first year business class.
clearly you both have no idea what you're talking about.having said that, i currently have an amount of money that is significant to me in american $ in neteller. i am waiting for the canadian dollar to drop a bit before i cash it out, since it is likely higher now than it will be in the near future.insert stalker comment about buying marion handbags etc etc sexual innuendo blah blah drunk dan
lol enlighten us oh great one! Man this education I'm getting sucks, they keep giving us the wrong information I guess.

I had a big score back in September. The first thing I did was scan the financial pages on the net and in the newspaper, trying to get an idea of what the experts thought was going to happen to the Canadien dollar. At the time, the dollar had skyrocketed to 85 cents US, and was forcast to keep climbing. With all the hurricanes threatening the US oil interests in Texas, there was a concensus at the time that the dollar would keep going up.This was very importent to me because a 1 cent change in the value of the canadian dollar would have resulted in close to a $200 difference in my cash-out value. Bottom line: I cashed out immediatly (around 85 cents US). Considering the Canadian dollar is close to 87 cents US, I made the right choice.

Tip for Canadians setting up a new Neteller account: Make USD your base currency. Regardless of the exchange rate, that 1.9% conversion fee has cost me a signifigant amount of money that I would rather not even calculate.

Tip for Canadians setting up a new Neteller account: Make USD your base currency. Regardless of the exchange rate, that 1.9% conversion fee has cost me a signifigant amount of money that I would rather not even calculate.
I thought you were able to close your current neteller account and open a new one, might want to look into that! that % sure does add up.
I thought you were able to close your current neteller account and open a new one, might want to look into that! that % sure does add up.
Really? you can do that? cause that would really save a lot of ppl some good % $.silly

Yeh I still live in an igloo up here.......they've really come a long way in the last few years...we now have electricity and can connect are computers to this little ice box...its really magnificant...you guys (americans) should read up on it. Unfortuatly my pet penguin has to live outside the igloo now though, poor guy,,,,last week he froze his wing.....and couldn't fly!

Don't you want the Canadian $ to be high when you cash out? :? For example, U$1 million would only be worth C$500,000 if the C$ is worth only 50 cents for each U$1; but if the C$ doubled to par value, then you would cash out C$1 million or twice as much!

clearly you both have no idea what you're talking about.having said that, i currently have an amount of money that is significant to me in american $ in neteller. i am waiting for the canadian dollar to drop a bit before i cash it out, since it is likely higher now than it will be in the near future.
Don't you want the Canadian $ to be high when you cash out?
Buy low, sell high. Works with currencies too.
For example, U$1 million would only be worth C$500,000 if the C$ is worth only 50 cents for each U$1; but if the C$ doubled to par value, then you would cash out C$1 million or twice as much!
Your math is right but your rates are backwards. One Canadian dollar is currently equal to about 86 American cents.
Really? you can do that? cause that would really save a lot of ppl some good % $.silly
I'm fairly sure you can. I'd call up neteller and ask about it. Its worth at least trying anyhoo.

I've heard that one way around this is to deposit from netteller into party poker and then do an EFT from party poker to your bank account. I'd heard that Party poker doesn't charge a fee for this...Anyone tried this? Is this true?

ok, I'm gonna check into this, but would now be a good time to convert my money into USD?
yes. now is a good time to transfer canadian dollars into american dollars.it is not a good time to transfer american dollars into canadian dollars.that's just opinion of course, but the dollar right now is high relative to recent history and will likely drop a little before experiencing any significant rise.
I've heard that one way around this is to deposit from netteller into party poker and then do an EFT from party poker to your bank account. I'd heard that Party poker doesn't charge a fee for this...Anyone tried this? Is this true?
I always do EFT's from Party. There are no fees but it does take 3-7 days. It has taken 4 days the last few times i've tried it.

i use EFTs on sites, i get them instantly because im allowed to do that on neteller, and it only takes 2 days to come out of my bank account. and cash outs straight thru the site too, no fees..and again, 2 daysi have money online now, i wish the canadian $ would go down to 1.2 c/US$ so i could cash out lots...

If you play on one or two sites, and do not plan on moving around, it would be beneficial to wait for a lower canadian dollar before cashing out. But you also run the risk of the dollar increasing and your money depreciating even further.I view the fluctuations in the Canadian dollar as a business cost. It is like buying stocks. The brokers fee should have no impact on when you buy and sell; it is a cost of doing business. I apply the same principle to poker. 2Step