online tournament question

Long time listener. First time caller.What's the best site for online tournaments? I play at old Party Poker, but I'm looking for a place that has a smaller number of participants for their tournaments. 1) Because I like the field narrowed - my skills aren't the best and 2) Because I like the tournament to be over in less than 10 hours. Anyway, I know there are sites that cap their tournaments. You guys have any recommendations? What's the site with the best tournament variety.

Long time listener. First time caller.What's the best site for online tournaments? I play at old Party Poker, but I'm looking for a place that has a smaller number of participants for their tournaments. 1) Because I like the field narrowed - my skills aren't the best and 2) Because I like the tournament to be over in less than 10 hours. Anyway, I know there are sites that cap their tournaments. You guys have any recommendations? What's the site with the best tournament variety.
Welcome :)Stars is easily the best tourney site, they have everything you could ever want as far as buyin's, blind structures, variety, and participation are concerned. FCP (apparantly) has a feature where you can create your own tourney and set up the blinds, buyins, etc, any way you want them. I'm a Stars junkie, so I'll say for my money that's the best place to play. A lot of people around here flat out hate Stars, as I'm sure you'll find out in the coming replies.*Edit* I'll just give you an example of some of the tourney's I played yesterday:- Private tournament set up as a practice session for my FCP Challenge Team. - $20 + $2 20 Table Sit n Go's (180 player max, I love these)- $20 buyin Heads up Challenge (256 participants)- Several $10 SNG's, starting within 2 minutes every hour of every day. - $10 MTTThey also have WPT qualifying tourney's, Shootout style tourney's (up to the Quadruple Shootout every Wednesday), blah blah blah and so on...I sound like a damn commercial, I'll stop now.

I'm a fan of Bodog. The tournaments usually have a smaller field compared to party, you'll see more in the 200-400 player range, and a variety of buy-ins. They also offer a lot of guaranteed tournaments, that usually have a nice sized over lay. They don't have a lot of variety though, it's all hold em.

I think in terms of best tournament structure, mostly everyone will say UB or FullTilt. Each poker site has its advantages and disadvantages, however. PokerStars, for instance, has a ton of small buy-in events, but they usually attract a ridiculous number of people. UB and FullTilt have great structures, with small blind / ante increases later on in the tournament, so it allows you to play poker.I'd go to FullTilt.

I'll preface this by saying I don't play a lot of tourneys.....Full Tilt has good structure, start with $1500. My favorite site in general with easy to check last hand feature and easy to read notes on players.Absolute has freerolls every 1/2 hour during the day...good practice. Large field of 2000, over in about 5 hoursSorry DN, I will be transferring money to FCP very soon, but I'm already disappointed that I don't see a last hand feature.

I have been on two at FCP so far and like what I see, although didn't make the money in either....Oh well. I like the fact their is a pause between the flop, turn and river on an all-in, where on party they flop all five and start a new hand before you have a chance to know who won and what they won with!