• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I voted for group A and here is my reasoning: Ivey and Mattusow are both running pretty hot lately, and with the way these WPT tourney are structured if one of the people make just the final 6 they will have more than the whole other group even if the other group all goes fairly deep. I hope I'm wrong and you bust out of this funk and take down the tourney and this poll.

I really have to go with group A. phil ivey...well he's iveymike matusow seems to be riding his great rush since the WSOP. I could def. see him making another final tableGus hanson is a hit or miss guy. I haven't really heard of him doing anything lately, but this guy is mad crazy with his aggressivenessted forrest always brings a tough game. Hopefully the cards are on his side, if so, he is a really really tough guy to take down. most underrated player IMO i really think NEgreanu is going to do some major damage in this tournament, but I can't rely on hellmuth or chan to make the money right now.

I think DN is going to break this slump he is, seem likes hes getting killed by the cards lately. Going with Ivey and Matusow would be a good idea, but I just dont think Matusow is going to continue to run as good as he is right now. I am also expecting a big touney out of Lindgren. Hansen is hansen and you never know what hes gonna do and Chan is one of the best so he always performs well. Sticking with group B.

Never count out ivey he is just too solid and savy. Ted is aggressive and has what it takes. it's Mike and Gus that swayed me away from group A. Though both can be deadly especially Gus, i still view them as "wild" cards.All players in group B are pretty steady and solid in their approach to the game so i am goingwith group B and their consistancy. Cheers!!

Which group will cash for more money at the Classic.  Total money won for all cashes.Group A:Phil IveyMike MatusowGus HansenTed ForrestGroup B:Daniel NegreanuPhil HellmuthErick LindgrenJohnny Chan
I think the second halves of these lists is a draw, overall.The top halves I give B a very slight 55-45 favorite because Daniel Negreanu seems very very upbeat, and Phil Hellmuth tends to have streaks and he did very very well in the TOC.

id have to go with b, and before im flamed as a fanboy, all the players in both groups are fantastic... but as someone else said, forrest and hansen can be hit or miss... matusow (god love him) can blow up at any second, and if phil sees the 4000/8000 mixed open up hell dump his chips and go play that (s/w)group b has more solid players, who may not be running as hot but could explode at any time: DN = due, chan = due, hellmuth is the man with all the MOBNEY... DN, bias aside lol, do you see this as almost 50/50? i had a tough time chosin' which one theyre both similar.

I'm going with group A, both Mike and Ivey are in form, and I think the structure will probaby suit Hansen, also, Hansen and Forrest both are hit and miss, if either of them has a good tournament than they will final table, B is more of a solid, consistent, ITM group, so I vote for more ITM cashes for B, but more overall money for A :club:

Which group will cash for more money at the Classic. Total money won for all cashes.Group A:Phil IveyMike MatusowGus HansenTed ForrestGroup B:Daniel NegreanuPhil HellmuthErick LindgrenJohnny Chan
Group 'A' will do better as:Daniel is just about as hot as Gus is this year - NOTPhil Ivey and Mike Matusow have won more tournaments and cashed more than the entire bottom group combined this yearTed Forrest is consistant with making the money. You can't say the same for Phil and Erick or Daniel this year. Johhny Chan has done ok. Of the 'B' group this year, Johhny Chan is the #1 pick, but Group A outshines Group 'B' by a considerable margin in 2005. Now if this were the year 2004, you could reverse things and choose group 'B'.

Here's a better poll question.Take a coin out of your pocket.Examine all it's detail, and all of the imperfections.Guess which why the coin will flip on account of the sum of those tiny imperfections.HEADS HEADS HEADSTAILS TAILS TAILSVote or die, bitch.I flipped the coin 10 times and it came up heads 6 times.My friends coin was flipped ten times and it only came up heads 4 times.This is clear cut evidence that my coin is more likely to be heads than is my friends coin, despite the fact that we know that their imperfections are, for all intents and purposes, negligably different.MY COIN IS RUNNING HOT, BABY!

My heart says "B", because I want to see E-dog and DN at the top of the heap.But, my head says "A". Ivey is sooo good, and is on a rush as is "The Mouth". Seems to me that the only things Gus can win are tourneys such as this one. No comments on Ted Forrest (not thrilled with him in general).I seriously hope (as was posted earlier) that Daniel and Erik are the final 2. I loved watching that one broadcast where they were playing at the same final table!!!! Johnny Chan could be a factor (but then all of these could if the cards fall their way).Personally, I want to see Phil Hellmuth and Matusow get into a screaming match!!!!!!!!!!!! Makes for great TV if nothing else. :club:

Eh..Matusow and Ivey have both been running super hot.Sorry, DN. :club:
Gotta agree...AWould love to see a DN, Matusow and Hellmuth final table.I could just see DN just add fuel to the Mike and Phil show as they go up in flames.Just call Vince McMahon and we would have a pay per view special :!: