i am the napalm (1/2 nl)

The table is vietnam.Bought in for $100 tonight, I sat in after Davin left this game in Boston up a considerable amount. He peaced out, and I hit a rush of good cards and I'm up to 330 from my original buyin.This guy, he's a bit on the drunk side, has been moving in repeatedly when he hits a pair, and calling significant amounts of money all in with just overcards. I have him covered, but barely. We are four handed.2 folds, drunk dude raises to 15, I look down at 47o.I make the call.Flop comes 7 7 K. Booya. I am getting his stack.I check, Villain bets 15, I move in for 200+ more. He ponders for a bit and calls with AK (had no idea he was that strong, I think hed call with any king here).I didn't want to mess around and I went straight for the high reward payout baby. Cha-****ing-ching.+500 for the night.

Guest Zach6668
I don't understand how this is a brag post... you called a preflop raise with 4/7 offsuit, and you got ridiculously lucky. Good work.Zach
This can often be the correct play vs a donk as your implied odds are so good if you hit.
I understand implied odds, but even with a hand like 47off? I guess it would help to know the donks stack size then, in order to see if this was really profitable.Zach
I'm up to 330 from my original buyin.This guy, he's a bit on the drunk side, has been moving in repeatedly when he hits a pair, and calling significant amounts of money all in with just overcards. I have him covered, but barely. We are four handed.
Its probly close as i'd much rather call here with a hand like 56o but I think if you figure hitting a straight, 2 pair or trips will allow you to take 250+ dollars then it can be worth it.
Is it really necessary to start a thread about winning $100 or $200 in a home game? Who cares....
um it was 500. buddy.can you not count or something??? (sw)you're probably one of those people who have no concept of pot odds because your mother didnt bring you up properly (not sw)

Actually, I love the play. Cherish the action you will get for the next while: if you switch back to playing solid, you can get a ton more money from the advertising investment... If the villian had more money too (eg. rebuy) you could also benefit from his massive tilt factor....I just hope he is not prone to fits of murderous rage.Cheers,Merby

um it was 500. buddy.can you not count or something??? (sw)you're probably one of those people who have no concept of pot odds because your mother didnt bring you up properly (not sw)
$500 then. Seriously, no one cares. Not trying to take away from you win, congrats on winning the hand and the mobney as Hellmuth would say. Dunno, I just thought the brag post was a little bit trite. And apparently after 12-13 beers I have trouble counting, as was the case yesterday. And I fully understand pot odds, as I have been playing this game every day for almost 10 years now, thanks.

fixed your analogy:

The table is vietnam.Bought in for $100 tonight, I sat in after Davin left this game in Boston up a considerable amount. He peaced out, and I hit a rush of good cards and I'm up to 330 from my original buyin.This guy, he's a bit on the drunk side, has been moving in repeatedly when he hits a pair, and calling significant amounts of money all in with just overcards. I have him covered, but barely. We are four handed.2 folds, drunk dude raises to 15, I look down at a flamethrower equipped with a gasoline-jelly substance capable of generating temperatures of 800 to 1,200 degrees Celsius..I make the call.Flop comes 7 7 K. Booya. I am going to incinerate his entire ****ing village.I check, Villain bets 15, I move in to direct all the women and children to one little grass shack where they're more easily managed. He ponders for a bit and calls with AK (had no idea he was that strong, I think hed call with any king here).I didn't want to mess around and I went straight for the high reward payout baby: over five hundred villagers screaming their death throws as the boiling jelly sticks to them like the flaming lips of a woman in heat. Cha-censored-ching.+500 for the night.Mai Lai, baby: burn baby burn.
And I fully understand pot odds, as I have been playing this game every day for almost 10 years now, thanks.
That's GREAT. *golf clap*Why don't you try to derail the thread some more, you troll.If you want people to applaud your wonderful accomplishments and findings after 10 years of study in a laboratory, go start your own thread.
Not trying to take away from you win, congrats on winning the hand and the mobney as Hellmuth would say
Oh you think you are cool now or something quoting a Hellmuth-ism. You make me wanna SW puke brah.Go back 2 Off Topic discussion or wherever you came from.
Actually, I love the play. Cherish the action you will get for the next while:
I played more solid starting hands following this one but everyone was already opening up their requirements because it was late and people were drunk. I am not sure how valuable this investment is if everyone is drunk, and passive, and will play anything -- I guess it just depends on the texture of the table. People were having a really good time, I like to win money but of course I also have a good time when others are. The guy who I busted with 7 4 actually rebought and wasnt upset or anything. He was there with a friend just having fun, I think he's a decent poker player he just comes to the table with a different set of goals.[/b]