'05 colts the best ever?

assuming they run the table from sunday to super bowl sunday, will they be considered the best ever?who do you think is the best team ever? the 49er teams of my youth with montana were among the best i have ever seen. obviously, i cant go back any further than that

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Colts run the table and take the Super Bowl, yes, they will be the best team ever.
yeah, thats what im thinking. i dont see how anyone can deny that to a 19-0 team.im actually a colts fan (for a few years now, not just jumpin on the bandwagon) and the seahawks and chargers games could be trouble. but then again, no team they've played this season has even been seriously competitive with them this season... the bengals being the closest, but they didnt even have a chance to win at any point in the game...speaking of which, chad johnson is a freaking idiot for his latest guarantee... i hope they run into a team like the broncos/chargers and get schooled before they even get to the AFC title game
Manning has to win a playoff game first.
He has, he's won 2. He beat the Broncos & the Chiefs in 03-04. With perfect passer ratings in both games. He just can't beat the Patriots in the playoffs, but that will all change this year.As for the best ever, I only started watching football in 1998 so I can't comment on that, but this could be the start of a dynasty.
You have to win a Super Bowl to be the best....Manning has to win a playoff game first. I would vote the 75/76 Steelers, 85 Bears, 49ers w/ Montana and the 72 Fins.
He has won playoff games. He just hasn't beaten the Pats in the big game, but they suck this year, so that won't be a problem. Hard to deny that if the Colts go undefeated this year, that they will be one of the greatest teams in NFL history. With players switching teams so often now because of free agency, it is even more impressive. Also my personal opinion that Manning to Harrison is the greatest QB/WR combo of all time.

If the colts continue their run and end up winning the superbowl, they will be considered ONE OF the best ever.It's impossible to compare a team from today to a team from years ago. The competition is just too different.And besides, look at the quality of teams in the NFL this year. There are 5-6 good teams, while the other 26 are struggling to have a winning record. This is an easy year for for a great team to go undefeated, like the Colts probobly will.Edit: I am not trying to take anything away from the Colts, because they do have an amazing offense this year, and a fairly strong defense. It's just impossible to compare.

assuming they run the table from sunday to super bowl sunday, will they be considered the best ever?who do you think is the best team ever? the 49er teams of my youth with montana were among the best i have ever seen. obviously, i cant go back any further than that
No.And don't worry, they are losing tomorrow.
speaking of which, chad johnson is a freaking idiot for his latest guarantee... i hope they run into a team like the broncos/chargers and get schooled before they even get to the AFC title game
Chad Johnson is the man. If you say another bad word about him I will destroy you.
speaking of which, chad johnson is a freaking idiot for his latest guarantee... i hope they run into a team like the broncos/chargers and get schooled before they even get to the AFC title game
Chad Johnson is the absolute PERFECT reciever. And I'll tell you why.#1 - He is confident in himself, his TEAM (unlike T.O.), and his coaching staff.#2 - He has a positive attitude#3 - He likes to have fun while in practice and on gameday#4 - He is tough#5 - He is extremely talented#6 - He is a great route runner#7 - He has good hands#8 - He makes smart playsVERY few recievers in the NFL (past and present) can be put into all those categories.
Chad Johnson is the man. If you say another bad word about him I will destroy you.
You mean that Broncos team that gave up 31 to the Chiefs, couldn't stop LJ with their #1 rushing defense, and couldnt' containt the likes of Eddie Kennison and Dante Hall....yeah......CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If the colts continue their run and end up winning the superbowl, they will be considered ONE OF the best ever.It's impossible to compare a team from today to a team from years ago. The competition is just too different.And besides, look at the quality of teams in the NFL this year. There are 5-6 good teams, while the other 26 are struggling to have a winning record. This is an easy year for for a great team to go undefeated, like the Colts probobly will.Edit: I am not trying to take anything away from the Colts, because they do have an amazing offense this year, and a fairly strong defense. It's just impossible to compare.
Please tell me which teams are "good" and which teams are "struggling".
Manning has to win a playoff game first.
He has, he's won 2. He beat the Broncos & the Chiefs in 03-04. With perfect passer ratings in both games. He just can't beat the Patriots in the playoffs, but that will all change this year.As for the best ever, I only started watching football in 1998 so I can't comment on that, but this could be the start of a dynasty.
I meant a meaningful one (AFC Championship).
Good - Colts, Broncos, Seahawks, Bears, Chargers, Bengals, (Possible Carolina, it's tough to say right now)Stuggling - Everyone else. Give some counter examples to that if you want, and I'll explain why I think they are struggling. There are so many teams that are like watching a child learning how to walk right now its ridiculous.
Good - Colts, Broncos, Seahawks, Bears, Chargers, Bengals, (Possible Carolina, it's tough to say right now)Stuggling - Everyone else. Give some counter examples to that if you want, and I'll explain why I think they are struggling. There are so many teams that are like watching a child learning how to walk right now its ridiculous.
Some good teams that I think you are missing:Carolina: 9-3. ...8-1 over last 9 games, big win AT Tampa Bay, beat Atlanta pretty soundly...crushed Minnesota, a team that is back in the playoff hunt...they're pretty good.San Diego: oops, you said San Diego, missed thatJacksonville: They are 9-3, but their recent schedule has been weak and they lost Leftwich, so I can understand not thinking they are a "good" team right now, however, they have beaten Seattle, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and played Indy REAL close AT Indy. (plus, once they beat Indy this weekend, they will DEFINITELY be a "good" team)New York Giants: 8-4....beaten Dallas and Philly and Denver and Washington....their defense is playing well, c'mon, they are good.KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: 8-4, three straight wins, including ripping up Denver supposedly "#1 rushing defense" Since LJ has become a starter, he has 5 straight 100 yard games...averaging 5 yards a carry for the year...and the offense has been GREAT ever since Willie Roaf has come back....and the defense has been MUCH better, just go ask Jake Plummer or Tom Brady.No, none of these teams are "great" teams that are going to have a great chance at winning the Super Bowl, but they're all pretty good.
don't worry. KC wont make the playoffs and if they do, they wont get past the 1st or 2nd round. another waste of a season. sorry :club: teneight
good one, you say, "KC won't make the playoffs. but if they do they will lose in the 1st round...or the 2nd round." Way to really make a bold prediction there. Seriously though, you are saying that every team that doesn't make the AFC or NFC title game has had a "waste" of a season. Right......what is Oakland's record again....and who the hell is Marques Tuiasosopo??? too bad Randy Moss can't be more like Eddie Kennison, maybe he'd be a good receiver somedayMoss: 45 receptions, 771 yards, 5 TDs (on a passing-oriented team)Kennison: 52 receptions, 819 yards, 4 TDs. (on a rushing-oriented team)talk about a waste.

if you dont win the SB, it's a waste of a season. sorry. KC wont do anything this year. better luck next season :club: theres like 7 teams better than kc in the AFC alonebengals, colts, steelers, broncos, chargers, jaguars, and patriots

if you dont win the SB, it's a waste of a season. sorry. KC wont do anything this year. better luck next season :club: theres like 7 teams better than kc in the AFC alonebengals, colts, steelers, broncos, chargers, jaguars, and patriots
well, if you really feel it is a waste of a season if you don't win the Super Bowl...then whatever, I'm sure pretty much noone else agrees with you.Also, didn't we just beat the Broncos...yeah, we did. Didn't we just beat the Patriots...yeah, we did.
Also, didn't we just beat the Broncos...yeah, we did. Didn't we just beat the Patriots...yeah, we did.
come playoff team, which KC wont even make, those teams are strong. sorry. KC= waste of a season..AGAIN!when was the last time KC actually went to the playoffs atleast?? super bowl? how many SB's does KC have again?? 1??? ha-ha...how many HOF's does KC have again? and please, dont count montana or allenteneightPS. WASTE OF A SEASON for KC
Also, didn't we just beat the Broncos...yeah, we did. Didn't we just beat the Patriots...yeah, we did.
come playoff team, which KC wont even make, those teams are strong. sorry. KC= waste of a season..AGAIN!when was the last time KC actually went to the playoffs atleast?? super bowl? how many SB's does KC have again?? 1??? ha-ha...how many HOF's does KC have again? and please, dont count montana or allenteneightPS. WASTE OF A SEASON for KC
uh.....we went 13-3 and to the second round of the playoffs two years ago.....so......and noone is saying KC has the greatest franchise ever.also, KC has been playing good on defense and GREAT on offense, Larry Johnson is running better than any back in the league right now, just go check the numbers since he became a starter.
No.And don't worry, they are losing tomorrow.
You honestly think David Garrard can lead the Jags to victory tomorrow? BAHAHAHAHAHA.......wager on that?
btw, comparing kennison to moss for 1 season is a complete jopke. HAHAmoss is/was playing hurt for most of the season, so please. KC's WRs don't even exist in the NFLteneight
all I said was that, this year, Kennison is better than Moss. Moss is playing hurt, yeah, I know, but he seems to be "hurt" alot. I told you he wasn't a good team player and would hurt the team A LONG time ago..and now that is exactly what is happening.Also, yeah, keep sleeping on Kennison and Dante Hall, and our TE Tony Gonzalez, you know, the best TE in football...we'll just keep on being one of the best (if not the best) offense in the NFL, just like we have been the past four years.....