my first real run at stats. comments please.

This is from a couple thousand hands on crypto, all limit holdem, all full ring games, limits between $0.25/$0.50 to $2/$4. I read through Jayson's top post, and am quoting here for his suggested ranges, but am looking on advice for what I do on those that are outside suggested ranges.VP$IP - Voluntarily put $ in Pot - The typical range is between 15 and 20, But this isn't Uniform. You should be tight from Earlier Positions and play more hands in Late Position.My VP$IP is 29.72, which sounds pretty horrible comparitively speaking. Honestly, it should be lower than that, but a nutbar session raised it. My guess it it's really about 27%, which is still really high. I'll take suggestions here, but I assume this is as simple as "play less hands, dorkwad."PFR - Preflop Raise percentage - Typically this should be between 7-10, If you're <7 You're not playing aggresively enough and if your >10 You could be playing too aggresively.My PFR is 9.55. Sound ok?WSD - Went to showdown - This number should be between 28-32%, It can vary but this is the average and if you're way off on this you've got some leaks in your game.My WSD is 33.93. Sounds close enough to be ok?W$SD - Won money at showdown - This number should be between 50-60%, This is taking from the Percentage WSD.My W$SD is 72.67. I assume this would normally mean I am folding on the river slightly too much?AF - This isn't a number you should affectively try to change on it's own. This number should be between 2-3 overall and get higher on the turn and river.Where is this number?BB/100 - This is the average Big Bets (Not Big Blinds) You win or lose on average every 100 hands, again this isn't something to worry about after a few hundred hands.Right now its 7.51, which sounds pretty high to me. I assume I will not be able to maintain this.Any comments and mainly critiques would be greatly aprpeciated!Ray

Well, since you went to showdown the right amount...but your BB/100 is so high...I'm guessing that the W$SD is so extraoridinarily high because you're running pretty hot, not necessarily because you are folding too much on the river.From what I hear you need at least 10k hands to be somewhat accurate.

First, I have to ask, "how much is a couple thousand hands?" 2000? 3000?

My VP$IP is 29.72, which sounds pretty horrible comparitively speaking. Honestly, it should be lower than that, but a nutbar session raised it. My guess it it's really about 27%, which is still really high. I'll take suggestions here, but I assume this is as simple as "play less hands, dorkwad."
Play less hands, dorkwad. :club: In particular, take a look at how you're playing weak aces, and they-look-pretty-but-are-really-rather-marginal hands like JT, QT, QJ, etc. Checking your blind play may not be a bad idea either; I like to complete out of the SB with suited cards of any kind (This does NOT magically make, say, 42s playable in other positions), but other than that, I don't usually stray too far out of the hands I normally play anyway. For what it's worth, my VP$IP is 16.15 after ~5000 hands, which is tighter than most here.
My PFR is 9.55. Sound ok?
Looks good to me.
My WSD is 33.93. Sounds close enough to be ok?
After only a couple thousand hands, that seems close enough to me.
My W$SD is 72.67. I assume this would normally mean I am folding on the river slightly too much?
I can't really comment on this.
Where is (AF)?
Click on "more detail" in your player summary. Make sure the "include preflop numbers" box is NOT checked. Also note that there's a typo: The numbers should actually get LOWER as you go from flop to river, not higher.
BB/100 - Right now its 7.51, which sounds pretty high to me. I assume I will not be able to maintain this.
Probably not, though I've kept up a pace of 10.62BB/100 over 5K hands. My hypothesis is that it has something to do with the fact I generally play short sessions (100 hands/session or so, with that spread over 3 tables at a time). In any event, I have no delusions about being able to keep up that pace; my thinking now is that even if I only break even or even lose slightly over the next 5K hands (Not that I'm going to try to do so, of course), I'll still be above average for the 10K.So except for that VP$IP, you're not doing too badly.

Here's my VPIP by position, which should help clear some of this up...BUTTON 29.34781 29.88512 23.25583 16.85394 15.66275 19.6976 35.08777 32.2581BB 23.9583SB 55.4348Am I reading this right that 1 is LP, not EP, correct? If so, this would give credence to Speedz that I am playing too many hands from EP, a nightmarish amount infact.Looking at what hands I played the most often, as if to taunt me from my joke post earlier about small sample sizes, it looks like I really do play KJo way too much. I think I really need to get away from unsuited paint in general.RayEdit: To answer another question I missed. This is 2672 hands.

You're correct that 1 is LP--those numbers refer to the number of seats off the button you are..the higher the number, the earlier the position.Perhaps moreso than your EP play in general, though those numbers are a bit high, I'd work on cutting down your small blind completion. Admittedly, I'm on the tight side preflop, but mine is only 32.85. Of course, after only "a couple thousand" hands, this could be due to variance or whatnot. Also note that most tables may not be 10-handed all the time. In other words, you'll be seeing fewer hands from 6 and 7 off the button as far as PT is concerned because those positions simply don't always exist. This, combined with your small sample size, may be why those percentages are so high.My VP$IP by position, number of hands seen in parantheses:Button (638) 14.111 (588) 14.292 (600) 12.333 (570) 14.044 (504) 11.905 (463) 12.966 (303) 14.197 (139) 16.55BB (631) 15.69SB (618) 32.85So you can see how few hands I've played 6 and 7 off the button, by comparison. This is due to a combination both of what I said before, as well as, probably, the fact I tend to quit a lot of sessions after a total of 100 hands regardless of my position in relation to the button.What's your AF, out of curiosity?EDIT: Okay, almost 3K hands. Still small, but big enough to definitely start analyzing your own game if nothing else. (My VP$IP was pretty low even at that point)Yeah, I'd be very careful about playing unsuited paint (Or even suited marginal paint for that matter). I'll limp the marginal paint from late position if there are enough limpers in front of me to give me good odds in case I hit hard (Or hit enough of it that it's worth continuing to see a turn card), but don't generally like it from early position.

What's your AF, out of curiosity?
Thanks for the percentages by comparison. I can't tell you the AF from here. I am operating off of an excel export of the stats, not live Poker Tracker. I have my position stats, hand stats and general stats and that is it. :(My small blind defense reaction is rather large, I admit. Need to work on it. My hands logged in seat seven are indeed drastically smaller than anywhere else (by about 50%).Ray

Well, it's important to note that I'm primarily a micro-limit player ($.10/$.20), so the hyper-tight/hyper-aggressive style my stats betray may or may not work at higher limits (Tight/Aggressive is definitely the way to go regardless of limit, don't get me wrong, but as with anything else, it's possible to have "too much of a good thing"). Either way, though, while you shouldn't necessarily feel the need to get your VP$IP as low as mine, I'd definitely look to play fewer hands, particualrly out of the small blind.

Yeah, I agree that it's never too early to start to look for potential leaks in your game. As an example, I was pretty much below 20% VP$IP from the beginning looking at my stats. So the fact that he's hovering around 30% in that stat is something he can stand to work on even given this small sample size.

Well, it's important to note that I'm primarily a micro-limit player ($.10/$.20), so the hyper-tight/hyper-aggressive style my stats betray may or may not work at higher limits (Tight/Aggressive is definitely the way to go regardless of limit, don't get me wrong, but as with anything else, it's possible to have "too much of a good thing"). Either way, though, while you shouldn't necessarily feel the need to get your VP$IP as low as mine, I'd definitely look to play fewer hands, particualrly out of the small blind.
I was playing at this level not so long ago and my stats weren't far off yours. Through about 3k hands:VPIP 19.15PR 9.5AG 2.33In this game I was pretty taggish. I was running the game over pretty good and moved up to 25/50. Game is slightly different. Much more aggressive. At least more so then .10/20. But of course pletty of Loose passive players to make it highly profitable. Although I started playing sitngo's more. Easy money really.

unless the games you are playing at are extremely terrible, you are probably just on a heater right now.you are probably getting excellent cards and they are holding up, which would raise your VPIP, W$SD and win rate.you can expect your win rate to fall. also a W$SD above 70 with a large VPIP is is almost ludicrous. you can definitely expect this to come down.as people said, look at the hands you are playing out of position. playing incorrect hands out of position is a much bigger mistake than playing too many hands in position, so that is where you should concentrate.VPIP should increase the closer you get to the button, with the button being the highest percentage. your hands played in UTG and UTG+1 are much too high. even if there are few to no pre-flop raises, position is still valuable. in early position, you should probably be playing less than 20%.also, your PFR is fine, but is a little low for such a high VPIP. 8-10% PFR is correct for a typical low 20's VPIP, but if you are playing more hands, you should be playing more for a raise. probably you want to concentrate on playing less hands, but if you are set on playing a larger percentage of hands (which can be just as, if not more, profitable) than consider raising more.cheers,daniel

that is so wrong.For specific pos stats, maybe.And specific hands like 66.But you can group 44-77, etc.Don't jsut say come back.Lots of players don't spend 50k hands at one level.
ok, sorry if my original post sounded flippant. i realize it was a low content one liner type post. i'm lazy man, it wasnt intended to be arrogant or anything.alls i'm sayin is that "a few thousand hands" could mean he's running good or playing good or both but nothing too conclusive.i agree that it is never too early to spot some leaks but really those can be spotted by posting specific hands, looking at specific actions you take moreso than just numbers. a few thousand hands can sure give you an impression of your play, i'm just saying dont put too much stock in it. from my experience, my stats have been changing steadily, most noticeably within my last 20,000 hands. my first 50,000 at 2/4 are slightly/much different than my recent hands. i think my maturity and growth as a player is obviously the key factor and i think the OP will see, after many many hands, these changes as well as he gets better and these changes will be more concrete with a lot of hands. or maybe he has it all figured out already and those are his optimal stats, who knows and if so, great. i ran real good when i first started and i would have saved myself a lot of heartache if that run was really my optimal play instead of newbie luckboxism. then i went into a 2 month downswing/break-even fest and i cried myself to sleep every night. but i'm not gonna say i got anything figured out, cause i will fall into a deep and horrible downswing as soon as i say it.EDIT: also, i realize many will not spend 50,000 hands at a level, but really i think people should spend a legitimate amount of hands before moving up. you could play 15,000 hands at a level, run real sick, move up and then realize if you had played 100,000 hands at that level your stats would have evened out and been much different. running hot and all of a sudden having the bankroll to move up could be a recipe for disaster.

Ok, my last post was becoming a novel as is, so I'm making a new one.To the OP, I think that you're VPIP is really really high for full ring unless you are an *expert* at post flop play. But once again, you say "couple thousand hands" that's why I made my seemingly flippant first post, because frankly you could just be getting good cards in a few thousand hand span which isn't rare. After more hands, you might see your VPIP go down a bit. If it stays around 29, that might be too high. If you're winrate keeps up however, then you've proven me wrong and you *are* an expert postflop.My VPIP is ~19.24. My positional VPIP goes down steadily the further off the button I am. Your VPIP UTG and UTG+1 are really high. But like I said, could very well be because of the small sample size.Are your attempt to steal blinds good? I think it's something I overlooked for a long time in my early days. Then I got a clue and checked my stats on it and they were horrendously low. Ok I see that MrDannyG has done a better job than I covering most things.definitely post again and tell us any changes/discoveries after more hands. good luck man.edit: ok so ~2600 hands? man, maybe i play too much but that seems like nothing to me anymore. :club: i've had some sick runs, negatively and positively, in spans like that so don't be shocked if the sample size colors your stats. anyways, definitely post again at 10,000+ hands, that should give you a good idea of where you're at.

Hey guys, I caught up after the weekend.My Blind steals seem fine. I think I really do just play too many hands and need to work on that. I bounce beterrn .50/1 , 1/2, and 2/4 levels, and plan on staying there for a while actually. I expect to log over 50K hand at these combined levels no problem, but its slow going for me because I almost never multitable, so a couple thousand hands takes me longer than most. I am not sure what's up with my PFR based on VP$IP. My closest guess is that I have a tendency to open raise quite often, but if someone else has already come into the pot, I tend to only raise with AK, AA, KK, QQ. Probably a leak there I need to work on. Ray

Hey guys, I caught up after the weekend.My Blind steals seem fine. I think I really do just play too many hands and need to work on that. I bounce beterrn .50/1 , 1/2, and 2/4 levels, and plan on staying there for a while actually. I expect to log over 50K hand at these combined levels no problem, but its slow going for me because I almost never multitable, so a couple thousand hands takes me longer than most. I am not sure what's up with my PFR based on VP$IP. My closest guess is that I have a tendency to open raise quite often, but if someone else has already come into the pot, I tend to only raise with AK, AA, KK, QQ. Probably a leak there I need to work on. Ray
Start playing 2 tables. Trust me. It's worth it. You have to do it.You need to open WAAAAY up when there's a limper behind in front. You can raise 88+, ATo+ (in late-ish position).Open way up, kid.Ice
BUTTON 29.3478 1 29.8851 2 23.2558 3 16.8539 4 15.6627 5 19.697 6 35.0877 7 32.2581 BB 23.9583 SB 55.4348 Am I reading this right that 1 is LP, not EP, correct? If so, this would give credence to Speedz that I am playing too many hands from EP, a nightmarish amount infact.
Consider that at a full ring with a total sample of 3k, you only have a sample of 300 per position.Would you give any credibility to a database of 300 hands for your overall VPIP? That's how meaningless those figures are.
Start playing 2 tables. Trust me. It's worth it. You have to do it.You need to open WAAAAY up when there's a limper behind in front. You can raise 88+, ATo+ (in late-ish position).Open way up, kid.Ice
I'll work on the three betting. Regarding multitables, I have a two year old, a three year old, a nine week old puppy, and a wife and adult dog.My ability to focus while pokering is slim to none, so I rarely play more than one table at a time due to my ability to handle playing "well" and dealing with children of all shapes and sizes. On the rare occassionas that I have the house to myself, I two table. I tried three tabling yesterday, and noticed that I have a hard time getting a good bead on the players, and who I can and can not make plays on, so I think I'll stick to two tables until it all becomes second nature to me in that respect.But I am working on it. :)Ray