rookie of the year

Did you also realize that Ovechkin hardly has any decent players to play with compared to Crosby (although losing Recchi sucks). Not to mention, he has plenty of assists himself. And he can actually hit, and doesn't constantly take stupid penalties.
Ovechkin should have a pile more assists than he does. Watch a game and you'll see him make tons of tape-to-tape passes only for the recipient to miss the wide-open one-timer.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ovechkin should have a pile more assists than he does. Watch a game and you'll see him make tons of tape-to-tape passes only for the recipient to miss the wide-open one-timer.
This was most of my point about him not having anyone to pass to, you put it into better words than I did though :club:

This must be one of the most loaded classes in NHL memory. Svatos had a great year, and fell under the Radar. Petr Prucha scores a goal every other game he plays (later call-up/injury) and won't get even a thought. What a rookie class! I think however this shakes out, it bodes well for the future of the NHL.

This must be one of the most loaded classes in NHL memory. Svatos had a great year, and fell under the Radar. Petr Prucha scores a goal every other game he plays (later call-up/injury) and won't get even a thought. What a rookie class! I think however this shakes out, it bodes well for the future of the NHL.
3 drafting classes worth of rookies hitting the league all at once will do that...lol
Crosby is better than Ovechkin at the game of HOCKEY.Ovechkin is better than Crosby at scoring goals, and has higher "wow" factor.Crosby plays a complete game. There are reasons he has less goals than Ovechkin, and it's not because he can't score. He passes. He also plays defensively, and he can read the ice like no one since Gretzky and Lemieux.Crosby is amazing. Everybody in the hockey world focuses on goals WAY too much in this Calder race, not to mention the fact that Crosby is only 4 or 5 points behind Oveckin, with 20 games to go, it wouldn't be hard to catch him.- Zach
I disagree about Crosby being the best at reading the ice since Gretzky, the best player at reading the ice and make amazing passes in the last 3-4 years has been Forsberg. Crosby does have the abilty to find the open player but it's not nearly as developed as Forsbergs.

Unofficial poll last night amongst people that make the choice.... Ovechkin- runaway winner Lundquist- secondCrosby- thirdPhaneuf- very close fourth...